• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What to wear to a party

Accessories:

- A Mike & Chris leather jkt to tone down the glitz
- Ribbed tights with muted metallics (from Rebecca Taylor)
- Statement necklaces

Statement necklaces:
6jp4bo2.jpg

Lanvin:
6pivlmo.jpg

picture source: my computer, Popsugar.com

liberty is this the first time you've changed your avatar in years!? :woot:
i didn't realize it was you at first :lol:

thanks for posting such a variety of looks :flower:

^:o true.. it'll take me some time to adjust to that new face instead of Keira. :lol:

a couple of party dresses that I love from lagarconne.com :wub:

Cacharel
cacharel1.jpg

Zero Maria Cornejo
zero1.jpg

very cool mullet..
and very "you" i think ^_^

they have similar shapes...

Chrissy, without the help of lux_libson on the avatar thread, you can expect to see me change my avatar more often from now on. I feel like a traitor when I'm not using Angela Lindvall in my avy though. :lol: I have a little bit more time on hand and am slowly returning to TFS now that I'm at the second-to-lowest analyst level (as opposed to the absolute lowest level) in my corporation. Who knows, maybe I will finally get a digicam and start posting my purchases. Some of the threads I created are progressing at the speed of light though... I visit "When Stars Wear Runway Looks" every now and then and was like, Kids, I can't keep up!

MulletProof, Keira is a little overexposed at the moment but I still love her aplenty. Should we do another 'Year End Review of Covers with Thumbnails' type of thing in the Magazine thread? I think someone's already started that, but s/he is doing one publication per thread...

Okay, mods, if I ramble on any longer you'd ask me to take this to PM!

Party on... This thread is underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
mullet i LOVE that zero maria cornejo dress..:wub:

a few more i love..
from lagarconne..

jovovich-hawk..
default.jpg

zero maria cornejo..
default.jpg

alexander wang..
default.jpg

neal sperling...
oversized%20blk%20dress%20fz2.jpg

3.1 phillip lim..
default.jpg

i really love that lanvin necklace libertyrose posted :heart:
and the dress adore is wearing!

i don't actually have any fancy holiday parties to attend, but this sari gueron dress has been my party dress for a bit. i was obviously feeling very girly when i bought it

Attachments

• scbday.jpg
    scbday.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
lovely everyone!

tourist, i love sari gueron!

I think that these from shopbop.com are adorable!

veraw2001822167_prod_medium.jpg

vbrun2002718829_prod_medium.jpg

(shopbop.com)

Vera Wang and Vanessa Bruno, respectively ...

And then this Jovovich-Hawk
200711162239301lg.jpg

(bleuclothing.com)

I have both of these dresses and not sure which one to wear to tonight's holiday party hosted by colleague so it's more "professional" than party with friends and can let loose...Also, it's freezing right now! I suppose I can pair the dresses with tights and wear a winter coat over it.
1.) Maybe this is too much of a daytime look?
pBCBG1-3830404dt.jpg
bcbg.com

2)
twelf2005810192_prod_zoom_front.jpg
shopbop.com

I like those colorblock dresses. Club Monaco has a great strapless version but it wasn't fitting right in my bust so I let it go.

This is the dress I bought last year from French Connection as a party dress. Not sure you can see the details so wel but there are rosettes on the sleeves, hem and neckline that also have tiny jet beads on them and it's silk (and a funny angle which makes me look a bit pregnant, my apologies :ninja:). Taken tonight at my mum's christmas do (before the guests arrived of course!:(

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 23
i like the little details at the hem and sleeves meg!
the fact that you're almost hugging a decorated tree (very cool decoration btw--compliments to your mother if that's at your home!) which makes it seem even more festive :wink:

thanks Chrissy! haha no thats not our home, it's a golf club where the dinner was being held at!

style.com
D&G - I love this look

Attachments

• 00040m.jpg
    00040m.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
i dont have anything fancy to go to, but if i did and if i had the money for dresses, i would like these. (bcbg, missoni, and marc jacobs)

nordstrom.com

Attachments

• _5463041.jpg
    _5463041.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
  • _5481008.jpg
    _5481008.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 201
  • _5518909.jpg
    _5518909.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2
that bcbg dress is gorgeous! I wish I had seen it in their store when I was there last week....

that bcbg dress is gorgeous! I wish I had seen it in their store when I was there last week....

i know! i love it. i keep trying to convince my sister that she should buy it for her prom haha

thanks Chrissy! haha no thats not our home, it's a golf club where the dinner was being held at!

:lol:
i thought the tree looked a bit unusual (but very cool) for a home.. :P

I just made this dress myself, thinkin of new years eve, what u think?

Attachments

• holidayfrocks.JPG
    holidayfrocks.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 2
My love affair with LBD continues...

Oscar de la Renta (dream ticket)
6t22iyq.jpg

picture source: Net-A-Porter.com

One-shouldered wonder, with a shot of red:
71z3cjr.jpg

picture source: Shopbop.com

Miu Miu's interpretation of the Lanvin necklace, now available for pre-order on Saks.com for $240. Wonder if the boutique has it in more colors?
6o4p1t1.jpg

picture source: Saks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->