What has been your staple fall bag??

jun3machina

Reaction score
so...out of all the many bags you have purchased this fall...which ONE has become your staple bag? which bag matches all of your outfits the best? which one wins the prize for being roomy and comfortable to carry? basically, im curious out of the bags you have purchased...why does this new ONE fit into your lifestyle so well? is it the look, the practicality, the color??? what is it that makes this bag an extended part of your current lifestyle?

so first list your fall 2005 bag purchases, then list your favorite out of them all!

banana republic bloomsbury tote, louis vuitton speedy 30, louis vuitton croissant pm, marc jacobs stam, coach suede duffle

for me, its my taupe marc jacobs stam bag. it fits everything, matches most everything and i like that i can carry it either in my hand, on my arm or on my shoulder...:D so quirky, roominess and versatility!

how fun jun! :D

let's see - this fall i've bought a red silverado, grey 226 chanel reissue, white 227 chanel reissue, a chocolate brown bulga hobo, ghurka hobo and a camel spy (the spy won't be here until later this week though)

so far, my favorite is the white 227 - it's so different from the bags i usually carry and can easily hold my essentials - and i just feel so elegant wearing it! :blush: (that sounds kinda stupid, i know)..

i've spent waaaaay too much on bags this season! :doh:

/\ i love your taste! except i would have gotten the silverado in a brown :wink:( dont know why but me and red don't work unless its on my lips or nails)
chanel ooozes elegance!

Last edited by a moderator:
^:lol: actually jun i initially got the silverado in brown put it next to the other bags i bought and thought - gawd, all neutral colors! i need a "pop" in my handbags, so i ended up getting the red. i have to say it goes with quite a bit. but i'm sure you rock those red lips and nails, jun! :mohawk:

:lol: hahaha /\ thanks! i should probably do the same thing, actually i did...i used to have a ysl bag in blood red...but it sat in my closet for so long so i decided it wasn't for me. and so im the gal with all the neutral bags!:blush:

I've bought too many, used too few and I'm embarassed to list them all. but I've used my black my quilted multipocket and black tods kate easy media the most because I'm lazy and they're the easiest.

Purchases: Chanel reissue 2.55 in black, Balenciaga Bordeaux City bag, Marc Jacobs Stam in black and taupe, Marc Jacobs Stella with brass buckles in black and white

Favorites: Bordeaux Balenciaga City and Marc Jacobs Stam (still deciding on color, but leaning heavily toward black)!

the bag i always seem to go back to is the office/work balenciaga... great with jeans... the other purses are either too heavy or too high maintenance. LOL:blush:

Definately my Fendi chocolate spy :heart:
Yum chocolate!! :lol:

So far, my black givenchy pumpkin bag, but only because I haven't had the time to transfer all the contents of my bag into my petrol Fendi spy.

This fall:

Khaki Paddington medium
White Mulberry Bayswater
Luella Tote in Choc Brown
Marc Jacobs Stam in Taupe
Marc Jacobs Frame clutch in black (yet to arrive)
Large Silverado Doctor Bag
Red Mcqueen Novak
Vintage 1950's Black Croc Sink Frame bag
Paddington zippy bowler (boston) in Whiskey (yet to arrive)
Mulberry Phoebe (sent back due to staining on leather)

I have been using the Stam the most, but have put it to bed to sleep for a few weeks:wink: now!

^ Bags I WISH i'd bought:

- Fendi Dark brown spy..said nay in the shop then yay when i saw someone carrying it...too late!
- Fendi pearly satin/fabric Spy with huge ribbon (couldn't justify the ridiculous pricetag for a non-leather bag, but Oh-how-i-love-this bag!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Chanel 2.55 reissue

:rolleyes:

i don't keep track of my handbag purchases, but i have several staples in rotation... i change handbags soo often

here: tan paddington, rouge city balenciaga, black darel charlotte, aubergine mulberry araline, black chanel 2.55/226
home: black chanel multipocket, black jimmy choo...tote thingie (forgot name), black tod's media kate, brown python chloe silverado, black/confetti tweed chanel 2.55

^Have to agree..it's a hassle to keep track of my purchases..
I change my bags often to suit what I wear, so for the moment, here's what in rotation

-brown paddy
-cognac spy
-black cerf
-rouge city
-white twiggy
-black re-issue in 2.77
-cute kitty cat cloth tote bag

that's mostly for this month.... :flower:

morriseel said:
This fall:

Khaki Paddington medium
White Mulberry Bayswater
Luella Tote in Choc Brown
Marc Jacobs Stam in Taupe
Marc Jacobs Frame clutch in black (yet to arrive)
Large Silverado Doctor Bag
Red Mcqueen Novak
Vintage 1950's Black Croc Sink Frame bag
Paddington zippy bowler (boston) in Whiskey (yet to arrive)
Mulberry Phoebe (sent back due to staining on leather)

I have been using the Stam the most, but have put it to bed to sleep for a few weeks:wink: now!

/\ bags i wish i could afford!! hows the silverado doctors bag?? luck gal!

These are the bags I've purchased this fall:

cream paddington bowler
2-tone python silverado
petrol spy
turcoise balenciaga

The one I use the most is my spy. I love the size, it goes with everything, and can work for day or night ^_^

bags

I have bought this year:

Marc Jacobs multi pocket in mint
Longchamp in bright green (sold - too bright!)
Balenciaga in bordeaux
Chanel tote (my x-mas gift from dh - not in use until after x-mas!)

I am currently using the Balenciaga....which is the small and I wish it was the medium. I may need to sell this and get the larger size as I do love the bag overall...

sandy :smile:

I haven't bought any bags this fall. I am very happily carrying my chocolate Mulberry Roxy,my tan Paddington and a black Costume National bag from 3 years ago ,among others:D .

I've only really bought one bag for fall, a Marc by MJ printed satchel. Since I'm at school right now I've been using my large Coach hamptons tote every day, and for going out I've been using my Andrea Brueckner saddle bag (both were bought over the summer). I'm starting to alternate the satchel and the Andrea Brueckner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->