What to Wear to a Rock Concert...

purreow*

Reaction score
I hate looking grungy at concerts, even though with all the sweat, it's a given by the end of the night. What are some of your favorite concert-going outfits? Jeans? Mini skirts with knee boots? Please share! :smile:

Sorry guys... that sub-title should say, "What do you wear?" - haven't had my caffeine yet! :P

never been to a rock concert, but if i did i'd probably wear something like this:

dio010.jpg

I'd say start with a pair of jeans and go with what you feel like wearing, just don't be overdressed.....other then that I'd say jeans and a cool top, mabye a leather jacket and your good.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 20 2004, 05:22 PM
Nothing at all.
[snapback]402946[/snapback]​

Might get you some dirty looks.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 20 2004, 07:20 PM
Nothing valuable or stainable.
[snapback]402944[/snapback]​

I still keep the Levi's I wore in the U2 concert I went back in 1998. It's looks like a piece of junk, but it was old anyway. A pair of old jeans, a t-shirt and you're ready to go.

at a Pearl Jam concert quite a few months back, I wore "dirty" low-slung jeans and a sleaveless black top - wore my hair down. Love rock concerts. :smile:

i go to lots of concerts
it really depends on what type of "rock" it is ( i know sounds so stupid but it is true)
if you were going to a metal concert i would suggest jeans, tee, and sneakers
you can accesories the way you feel ( would still carry a gucci bag if i knew i wasnt going to be invold in any of the "moshing" )
if its more indie rock i would wear anything i damned please. i wouldnt be wearing anything too expensive and would wear cute sneakers that go with my outfit. i wear anything from vintage sundresses to cowboy boots to anything urban outfitters.

thats just my style though
good luck on what you decide to wear :heart:

edit: that reminds me , if you are going backstage and not really going to be invold with the activitys below the stage then you are free really to wear what you want. besides you are with the band . . . you look cool no matter what ! :winkiss:

I usually wear jeans & a black top when I go to concerts > but it depends on what type of rock concert you're going to :flower:

My typical rock show uniform would be a jet black, velvet blazer, plus shirt from the band which I plan on seeing. Tack on a few buttons from past shows, a pair of my cross cut Gap jeans, sneaks or maybe CT Cons, and I'm off to the races.

At least this is what I wore to the recent Franz Ferdinand show here in Vancouver.

Great suggestions everyone! Lately it's been a lot of indie-rock shows. We're seeing Morrissey this Friday. I have all of these photos of me and my friends from concerts, and I was getting bored with the jeans, tshirt, converse look after looking at them. :P

I wear anything really, just some jeans, flats, a tee, a cool bag and take time to do something about my hair ^_^

The most important: boots! :wink:
Have you ever tried a rock concert with lil shoes? :lol: Don't do it! :blush:
Anyway i would wear dark/black colored skirt, black or red shirt and black over/underknee socks. I have chickenskin from pink "i'm a wild rocker" shirts. :lol:

Originally posted by purreow*@Oct 21 2004, 10:02 AM
We're seeing Morrissey this Friday.
[snapback]403510[/snapback]​
:o Lucky you.

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Oct 20 2004, 07:37 PM
You can't go wrong with worn-in jeans and a backstage pass. :flower:
[snapback]403028[/snapback]​
I so agree. B)

the last rock concert I went to was outdoors...I dress around whatever the environment will be. I usually wear a good pair of jeans that look stylish but can take a beating, a tank top, a little blazer or cardigan, and worn in, comfy trainers that can stand to be stepped on a few times by my fellow concert-goers...and good hair. I'm set. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->