Which Brands Have High Quality?

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Quality First...

why don't we have a thread about the opposite?
brands who don't disappoint...
brands who provide value by focusing on quality and craftmanship~~!!!!

:clap:

Quality First...

why don't we have a thread about the opposite?
brands who don't disappoint...
brands who provide value by focusing on quality and craftmanship~~!!!!

:clap:

Hermes first came to mind, it almost never disappoint.

Neil Barrett, brunello cuninelli cashmere is also good, their leather stuff rather sucky though, had a leather bag that lost its sheen and shape fast, and a button from a wool trousers fell off, it just wasn’t made properly.

Gucci lately is decent, but still, super overpriced that I feel they are just ripping customers off.

LV, Prada are also good.

For price quality ratio, I ll say most Japanese brands score high, even the non big names independent brands.

^ Agree about Brunello Cucinelli, though I haven't tried the leather goods ... they just don't appeal to me. I too had a button fall off silk trousers. Luckily they came with an extra button--I needed it before I even wore them for the first time. I had the pleats stitched down as well. I also have a skirt ... I like it, but the hem of the lining came undone quite quickly, etc. Just took it to be repaired yesterday. I'm beginning to think I should stick to the knitwear and scarves. One thing I really like about the line ... I have sensitive skin and both the wool and cashmere are the most comfortable I've ever had.

Bottega Veneta's quality is good. Sometimes the fit of the shoes could be improved, the ballerinas could use thicker soles, etc. but I can't think of any quality issues I've had.

Wrt Hermes, do you wear the clothes too, or just accessories?

i would have to say that all japanese brands are really reliable when it comes to quality and workmanship...

they pay such close attention to every detail...

:heart:

also Prada...
not that it's my personal style...
but when you turn those things inside out, it's something to see...

and the few things i have are aging really well...
i think it starts with the quality of the fabric they use...
it just hangs off the body with such fluidity...
divine...

basically-
i agree with vetements...
:lol:...

funny- that it's so much the same for both menswear and womenswear...
:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll say something else...
if you can get your hands on any vintage YSL...
that stuff lasts forever...

the quality is out of control...
and i know that is definitely about the fabric, first and foremost...
yves was really picky about fabrics...

I think The Row is incredible fabric/cut wise...Definitely reflected in the price however I do think they are worthwhile because they usually aren't printed/aren't trend items, so you can wear them over and over for years and they don't date/you don't feel like you're repeating your outfits all the time.

PS Great thread!

The Row, always The Row. The fit is nice, and so are the quality.

I dont buy luxury clothes, but the couple times that I went to a Prada boutique recently or get in touch with a piece IRL, it was very disappointed experience. The 'classics' pieces and the shoes are marvelous, the main collection, otherwise, was very poorly executed, some pieces looking so cheap that I was in shook.

^ Agree about Brunello Cucinelli, though I haven't tried the leather goods ... they just don't appeal to me. I too had a button fall off silk trousers. Luckily they came with an extra button--I needed it before I even wore them for the first time. I had the pleats stitched down as well. I also have a skirt ... I like it, but the hem of the lining came undone quite quickly, etc. Just took it to be repaired yesterday. I'm beginning to think I should stick to the knitwear and scarves. One thing I really like about the line ... I have sensitive skin and both the wool and cashmere are the most comfortable I've ever had.

Bottega Veneta's quality is good. Sometimes the fit of the shoes could be improved, the ballerinas could use thicker soles, etc. but I can't think of any quality issues I've had.

Wrt Hermes, do you wear the clothes too, or just accessories?

Mostly clothes. From ties to scarves to windbreakers to tee shirts to shoes the quality hasn’t disappoint, and some I have close to ten years it is still holding well. So in that sense, I ll call them investment pieces.
I guess it’s all about having quality pieces, wearing them over and over and over again,
despite paying more initially but keeping them for a long time, vs fast fashion mentality...
Whilst I am sometimes quite impressed with how Zara can fake a suede jacket, the moment you put it on, you can tell instantly the difference...

I guess I am just an old soul at heart for cherishing stuff and keeping them for a long time..

too bad we seem to be the minority these days :cry:

dunno about that...
tide is turning...

have you seen the news in the h&m thread?
they are tanking!

people are waking up!!

#staywoke
:P

dunno about that...
tide is turning...

have you seen the news in the h&m thread?
they are tanking!

people are waking up!!

#staywoke
:P

Sure hope thats the case. But the article also mentioned something like they are closing 196 stores and opening any 300 plus new ones...
Plus, if the crowd at any Forever21/ Zara/ HM stores are any indication :angry:

I have actually forgotten how was life like when these fast fashion merchants didnt exist, every few steps in a major city you see one of them..

^ People having the attention span of gnats now doesn't help ...

Just wanted to note that I bought some Celine pants this weekend, my thinking being 'now or never,' and I'm really impressed with the quality so far. They're a lovely wool gabardine (which is hard to find, but wears like iron in my experience), the fit is good, the construction is impressive. There was a lovely dress that I'm still thinking about ... with impressive construction of its own.

Could be a much longer list but from experience these brands stand out to me for RTW; Hermes, Celine, basic Prada, Loro Piana, The Row, Thom Browne, Isaia, Zegna, Brioni, Brunelli Cucinelli, and Loewe.

^ People having the attention span of gnats now doesn't help ...

Just wanted to note that I bought some Celine pants this weekend, my thinking being 'now or never,' and I'm really impressed with the quality so far. They're a lovely wool gabardine (which is hard to find, but wears like iron in my experience), the fit is good, the construction is impressive. There was a lovely dress that I'm still thinking about ... with impressive construction of its own.

Your Celine pants look gorgeous! :P
(I am assuming the pics from another thread)

Prada high quality? :huh:

in China, there is a popular saying, if you bought a Prada bag that didn't broke in 2 years, u got a fake one:lol:
Prada has the worst reputation regarding bag quality in Chinese market

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->