Which TV series is the most fashion forward?

sassyposh

Reaction score
I know a lot of television series is coming up with a way to cater to style savvy persons. Nowadays, everything is like a designer's bag. No televesion series can last with out that Pradas, LVs, etc...

So here's the catch: What do you think is that television series that inspired/shaped/influences the fashion scene???

for me it is sex and the city and gossip girl. i both love those two series!

and my faves are samantha jones (sex and the city) and blair waldorf (gossip girl)

Out of series currently on the air my vote goes to Cashmere Mafia. They've put Lucy Liu in quite a few of those fun but completely unrealistic outfits that we haven't seen since Carrie Bradshaw was last on screen. :smile:

Definitely Sex and the City for a past show. A lot of the television shows i currently watch aren't that influential in terms of fashion but I do think the 1950s and 1960s styling of Mad Men, while not fashion forward, is certainly provides great inspiration for ladylike looks and hourglass shapes.

Definitely Sex and the City for a past show. A lot of the television shows i currently watch aren't that influential in terms of fashion but I do think the 1950s and 1960s styling of Mad Men, while not fashion forward, is certainly provides great inspiration for ladylike looks and hourglass shapes.

Totally agree - there are some beautiful pieces on Mad Men - love it! :D

sex and the city, gossip girl, cashmere mafia.. they're all in new york city and fashion and nyc go hand in hand. so i don't think that it's necessarily about being fashion forward on the show, but rather representing nyc culture that's all about fashion and being fashion forward.. does that make sense? it's probably the same thing huh? whatever..

^ I think I know what you mean. The outfits on the shows you mentioned try to represent current trends and styles and show viewers you can experiment with fashion but the outfits themselves are not necessarily breaking new ground in terms of fashion and influencing designers.

What a great thread!

I agree to a point about those mentioned. However i think they represent mainstream high end fashion well... how about street style? unique style that is not preppy highschool nor corporate stylish a la Cashmere Mafia.

^ I think I know what you mean. The outfits on the shows you mentioned try to represent current trends and styles and show viewers you can experiment with fashion but the outfits themselves are not necessarily breaking new ground in terms of fashion and influencing designers.

yeah ^_^ thanks.. i could not articulate what i meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stopright
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->