Dracula (TV series)

LittleMsSunshine

Reaction score
Dracula is a forthcoming British-American limited series, television drama that is expected to air on Sky Living and NBC produced by London-based shingle Carnival Films. Dracula will premiere on October 25, 2013, and will air on Fridays 10/9c after new episodes of Grimm.

The series was created by Cole Haddon, and is a reimagining of the classic Dracula novel by Bram Stoker. Daniel Knauf, creator of the HBO series Carnivàle, will serve as showrunner/head writer, working with Haddon. Steve Shill directed the pilot.

The network announced the series in January 2012 with a straight-to-series commitment, and the series was later green-lit for 10 episodes in July 2012. Production of the series started in February 2013 in Budapest.

Premise
Dracula comes to London, posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to the Victorian society. In reality, Dracula seeks revenge on those who betrayed him centuries earlier. As Dracula's plans move toward fruition, he falls hopelessly in love with a woman who may be a reincarnation of his deceased wife

Cast[edit source
Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Dracula / Alexander Grayson / Vlad Tepes

Jessica De Gouw as Mina Murray

Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Jonathan Harker, a gauche journalist who's desperate to climb the ranks of aristocracy.

Katie McGrath as Lucy Westenra

Nonso Anozie as R.M. Renfield, Dracula's loyal confidante and keeper of secrets.Victoria Smurfit as Lady Jane, a fashionable woman who is immediately enticed by the King of Vampires.

Thomas Kretschmann as Abraham Van Helsing
Kretschmann previously played Dracula in the 2012 Italian horror film, Dracula 3D.

Michael Nardone as Hermann Kruger

nbc.com

Thank you for making a thread! I'm really excited to watch this, especially to see JRM and Katie McGrath work together.

Interesting...maybe worth catching. The show is riding out the whole fairy tale/ vampire drama trend. With Daniel Knauf as the head write it should be good, I was a fan of Carnivale. Jonathan Rhys Meyers always does a fanstastic job so he should make a good Dracula. Those promo posters are a little cheesy, :lol:

same here, i LOVED CARNIVALE lolllllllllllllll, so wickedly good, lolllllllllllllllllllllll but we shall all see how it goes.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Dracula is the sort of thing my dreams would have been made of... about ten years ago. So this better not turn into a modern-day nightmare, where he's not on form.

This Fall NBC is airing a new 'Dracula' series with Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the title role! Here are the character posters in advance of the show as well as the most recent trailer! Depicted besides Mr. Rhys Meyers are Jessica DeGouw, Katie McGrath,Nonso Anozie, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Thomas-Kretschmann, and Victoria Smurfit. (Source: Yahoo TV)

kennowen.blogspot.com

Here are a few episode stills from the Pilot. They are a bunch more, but I didn't want to post them because of spoilers.

Season 1 - Episode 1 (HQ)

farfarawaysite.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks for sharing those! I'm very excited for this show. There seems to be a huge wave of vampire/witch shows coming this fall. But hopefully this one is a stand out, others look very cheesy. I have been watching the Tudors & have finally grown an appreciation for Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

^ thanks for sharing those! I'm very excited for this show. There seems to be a huge wave of vampire/witch shows coming this fall. But hopefully this one is a stand out, others look very cheesy. I have been watching the Tudors & have finally grown an appreciation for Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on The Tudors?

(It's my absolute #1 favourite TV series and when I heard JRM was going to be Dracula it was a natural conclusion for me that I would watch it. Also, I love Katie McGrath as I followed the first few seasons of Merlin.)

I hope this will live up to my expectations....yeah...still have them.

I def. Will watch this! Thanks for making the thread. Nice to see JRM on screen again.

Dracula (NBC:( Nonso Anozie "R.M. Renfield" Official TV Interview

Dracula (NBC:( Jessica De Gouw "Mina Murray" Official TV Interview

Dracula (NBC:( Katie McGrath "Lucy Westenra" Official TV Interview

Dracula (NBC:( Jonathan Rhys Meyers "Alexander Grayson/Vlad Tepes" Official TV Interview

Dracula (NBC:( Oliver Jackson-Cohen "Jonathan Harker" Official TV Interview

Dracula (NBC:( Director Steve Shill Official TV Interview

Behind the Scenes: The Making of Dracula

Dracula (NBC:( Behind the Scenes (Broll)

Dracula Premieres Friday, October 25th at 10/9c - Dracula

Dracula "True Love Never Dies" Promo (HD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->