Gossip Girl (TV Series)

I loved the last episode! I feel a bit sad now that it's really over. What do I watch from now on?!

Well, gang, it's over... :( My favorite parts: Seeing Kristen Bell actually say "Gossip Girl here" (for some reason I thought that was cool), and this- not sure if little Henry is the best part or the fact that Chuck is wearing a wedding band!! :lol: xoxo

(Time for them to start on a prequel!!)

hwbpdu.jpg

Chuckandblairtheperfectpair

I am actually a little sad that GG is really over and i will miss it. I was happy with the finale and how everything turned out.

Despite everything I'll miss this show. I loved the entire finale. And Dan being GG- brilliant! My favourite scenes: Uncle Jack to the rescue (I just love Jack Bass :ninja:) and Dorota making Jack Bass get her a drink. :lol:
Jack & Georgina- epic couple. :lol:

^ Yup- Jack and Georgina is a sure hit for a spin off! I was sorry the young Lily idea never came about... I hope they can find a way to keep something of the story and characters going, even if it is a two hour TV movie down the road, which Dallas did successfully in three different years...And the young Blair and Serena wannabes at the end of the episode are easy to see in their own show, too! ^_^

People on tumblr were all pointing out issues with plot holes with Dan being GG, like looking really surprised at blasts when there wasn't even anyone around him, how GG posted Dan and Blair kissing right after they kissed, GG outing Dan on having an affair with a teacher, etc.

People on tumblr were all pointing out issues with plot holes with Dan being GG, like looking really surprised at blasts when there wasn't even anyone around him, how GG posted Dan and Blair kissing right after they kissed, GG outing Dan on having an affair with a teacher, etc.

It kinda freaks me out how some people try to found out all those plot holes to say "how could it be Dan?". I mean, the screenwriters have been super lazy since the 3rd season, and Dan being revealed as GG is obviously the last-minute decision, nothing like "we've planned it from the very beginning".

I don't know, the writers had one job but they couldn't even execute a over riding storyline arch? I'm just going to pretend that GG is Kristen Bell :D

so Dan is actually GG all these seasons???? :ninja:

I havent watch the ep yet.

Yes, Dan ist Gossip Girl and Jenny knew about it. And imho both of it doesn't make sense at all.

According to Stephanie Savage they planned it from season 1, which makes all the mistakes and plot holes even worse.

I don’t think we ever had another choice in our mind. It was always just a question of were we going to reveal it or not to reveal it. It was unclear if knowing Gossip Girl’s identity was something fans would want. Maybe it was more fun for everyone to not know who Gossip Girl was and be able to speculate and come up with your own ideas.

Interestingly, in the pilot episode, the test audience thought that Dan was Gossip Girl. We actually had to re-edit one of our sequences. It's when he's on the computer looking at Gossip Girl, the way it was edited that he was typing as the voice was coming up, people thought that they were being told that he was Gossip Girl. So we actually had to re-edit that sequence.

perezhilton.com

I would have liked author Cecily Von Ziegesar guesting as the 'gossip girl.'

i just laughed when they mentioned jennys virginity thing like wtf what kind of brother would do that even if she asked i just found it weird and also that they all just forgave him it was just stupid

I'm not watching it but I actally was more surprised when Georgina was blogging as GG, when someone mentioned that Dan was revealed as GG in the finale, I was like WTF??

Anyway it wasn't about GG anymore, since they have finished the school it was more about their lifes and finding out who GG is, wasn't the #1 matter.

P.S. What adequate guy would choose GG as his anonymous pen-name?

It's so stupid - why would a normal guy write chick/gossipy stuff like GG? Oh wait, Dan isn't normal. He's a freak. :ninja:

Despite everything I'll miss this show. I loved the entire finale. And Dan being GG- brilliant! My favourite scenes: Uncle Jack to the rescue (I just love Jack Bass :ninja:) and Dorota making Jack Bass get her a drink. :lol:
Jack & Georgina- epic couple. :lol:

Yas!! Jack and Georgina are perfect! Dorota was flawless ordering the drink.

Also Henry was just the cutest kid, it's scary how much he looks like Leighton and Ed. I loved Serena's dress.

^ I agree with the Henry part, he dresses exactly like Chuck. I think he will be very dashing when he grows up.

Hummm...:unsure:

Fans of Gossip Girl will be delighted to hear that, after ending on an explosive sixth season finale, plans for a movie are apparently being discussed. However Blake Lively, who shot to fame as the show's Serena van der Woodsen, is apparently "desperate" to avoid a big screen version...

The show ran for six seasons, ending on a high when it was revealed that Dan, the Brooklynite of the show, was the all-seeing, all-knowing and all-revealing Gossip Girl Boy. He marries Serena, who forgives him for his nasty poison pen exploits, and Chuck and Blair are also wedded. Cue the happy ever after...

Or not, as the case may be. A movie is apparently in the works - but it seems as if Serena may not be returning with the rest of the gang, as Blake Lively (now married to Ryan Reynolds) is not keen to get involved in the project.
And, according to sources at Star, her attitude towards the film is "infuriating" her castmates: "She’s being pressured on all sides to sign on... But she thinks it’s a terrible idea and is desperate to avoid the project.”
We imagine that will annoy on-screen BFF Leighton Meester who, when asked about a Sex and the City type of movie once Gossip Girl wrapped, said it would be “kind of hot” to reunite the cast for a movie.
It would be interesting to see how a movie would work, especially as, unlike Sex And The City (which left Carrie Bradshaw unmarried and only just finding her feet with on-and-off-again boyfriend Mr Big), all remaining loose ends in Gossip Girl were neatly tied up in the series finale.
Then again, there was that little hint that, despite Dan promising to end his Gossip Girl ways, someone else was waiting in the wings to take over...
"You may be rid of Dan Humphrey but you'll never be rid of me. There'll always be someone on the outside wanting to get in. Who am I now? That's one secret I'll never tell. XoXo. Gossip Girl."
We guess we'll just have to wait and see if they can persuade Blake Lively that a film is a good idea...

entertainmentwise.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->