White Shoes-Debate

...i just realized i have 4 pairs of white shoes (all heels), 1 pair of black shoes (heels too), 3 pairs of turquoise sneakers and everything else in my shoe collections are every other color...

thought that was kinda funny...

i don't mind white sandals, if there isn't much leather to them, - thin straps- but a white closed toe shoe is just wrong

I honestly don´t like fashion clichés like "white shoes are wrong" etc
I think that white shoes, like everything else, allways depend on the rest of the outfit. :smile: And also depend on the shape they have, also like every other shoes...
Black shoes can be wrong too- either if they are ugly or worn with the wrong clothes. :D

These are my Chie Mihara flats (well about 2 inch heels)...as you can see they're looking a little loved:lol: .

First pair of white shoes I've owned since 1985.

My photography angle is off....

Attachments

• whiteshoessmall.jpg
    whiteshoessmall.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
white is hot.. the thing is that it gets dirty (and, in the case of shoes, chipped) very easily... i mean for people like me who arent chaffeured around, that is an issue...

Personally, I think that off-white shades work best with many outfits and with various tan levels (everything from egg white to ecru or cream). They look almost white when wearing them, it's just a little difference, but it makes it easier to wear them - somehow more classier.

I don't like bright whites - sometimes it can look really cheap. I wore the last bright white shoes at the age of 15 (horrible Eighties) and since then thought that white shoes are the last thing to wear. But now I own three pairs of off-white shoes (flats, slingbacks and heeled sandals) and I wouldn't know what to do without them during summer. Very easy styling - I'd call it the "french riviera feeling".

I love white shoes:heart: :heart: :heart:

I have 2 sandals and puma sportshoes and they are perfect! I love white sandals because they can contrast my skin great, I look more taned and I like it.:heart:

I adore white shoes. I guess I have "forbidden fruit syndrome". For me, everything ppl say is wrong and tacky I try to take and make decent. I just believe that everything can work as long as it's done correctly.

I want these

(castillo, louboutin, hardy, kristen lee)
whiteshoes5xj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a better look @ those wedges I love so much. I of course like the white better.

krl_alice_wedge.jpg

ooo! ooo! i :heart: those white shoes too! ^^
rock on, TheSweetest! :woot:

White shoes are dangerous for me -- I am anywhere from a 9.5 to 11, depending on the maker. But I have to wear them for certain functions that my sorority requires, so I got a pair of Ferragamo white slingbacks.

I do like white sandals, though. I have some J. Crew jeweled ones and some Michael Kors flat white sandals.

I am not a big fan fo white shoes, but white sandals are alright
And I love my boyfriend wearing soft leather white lace up shoes~

For years, the rule dictated that white shoes are unsophisticated or make you look like you're wearing a uniform —

Who's rule?

Reporters are fools.

white shoes can rock!yet as said in the article i do think they should be worn as part of the outfit rather than a shocking statement.

Also, anybody know anything about the white dior homme jazz shoes? apparently there are only like 4 pairs in existence?i wanna see them!!!

i love white for accessories, white shoes are great if worn with muted colors and neutrals, i have white flat pixie toe mod boots ( maybe like someone mentioned earlier ) and have had them for three years just fix em up frequently and i love them, good to wear fall, winter, spring with the right outfit, i would like more white shoes, but never liked white snekers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->