!!!!!Why Are They So Expensive????

husbandbeaters said:
i don't know if it's just me, but i tend to get sick of my purses after awhile. i barely use my gucci, and my coach purses are just tossed somewhere in my closet, my dooney is just sitting there. the only purses i use on a daily basis are my speedy and balenciaga wannabe besso bag. so WHY do you purchase $1000+ purses? i just don't understand. i mean, what does it DO? do you ever regret buying them?

i would assume that you bought your Gucci, Coach and Dooney ( :sick: is that even "designer"? ) simply because they're designer... if you sincerely love the bag, i wouldn't think you'd tire of them and maltreat them that easily. i have over a dozen LV bags - only 3 of which are in the standard Monogram Canvas - and a couple of Balenciagas and Guccis. and i love, respect and use each and every one of them whenever i can. i buy them because i like them. and simply because i can. B)

...if one deems them too expensive, maybe one should spend their money on something else. nobody's forced to buy anything they think is ridiculously priced. if so, obviously one's buying it for the status or the image of wealth they think it imparts.

angel said:
it begs the question-how much DOES it cost, exactly, to make a Balenciaga city classique? or an LV speedy 30? or even a birkin? i'm asking seriously, tho i doubt many ppl know...its something i've always wondered about. whats the markup?

I wouldn't be surprised if they double it, considering how much money is spent into marketing, branding, and anti-counterfeiting ...

Designer brands are expensive because people want to buy not just the bag, they want a part of the lifestyle the designer represents. It's all about marketing! Sure there are SOME quality differences but if you know what to look for you CAN get a $50 bag as well made as a $400 one. One of professors said that Primark jeans are manufactured at the same factory, by the same people, as Levi's. The only difference is the tag that goes on in the end.

I'm doing a degree in business/management/marketing and I swear I feel like I'm in "How to Rip People Off 101" half the time...

kkesh said:
.... because designer bags aren't for everybody

:wink:

That's exactly correct. If you have to put it on your credit card and can't pay the credit card bill in full when you get it, then designer bags just aren't for you. If you have to juggle your finances and put off paying bills because you can't comfortably afford to buy the bag, then these bags aren't for you.

It's a matter of living within your means. And yes, there are people who can spend well over $6,000 on a birkin bag without the blink of an eye as their income level supports their wants.

husbandbeaters said:
haha thanks, jun3machina! dude and GOOD JOB on saving up money for your speedy. i applaud you. :clap: you will not regret it, my friend. but if you do end up not liking it for some really ODD reason (impossible), i will give you a FULL refund! just kidding. trust me, you won't regret it. you'll end up marrying it. like me! lol.

but you know what sucks, though. everyone and their mom and their dog owns one. most of them are all disgusting replicas, i tell you! this girl i know owns a fake and always brags about it to me b/c she got hers for like $20. freaking criminal/terrorist supporter. hers look exactly the same as mine but once you feel it, the leather is stiff up the *** and just gross. and plus, the logos are a bit yellower. i mean, does she expect me to be jealous of her $20 bag or something? hahahahahaha she just cracks me up, you know? lol. gosh, i just can't wait till her "speedy" falls apart. it won't be so speedy then, will it? lol. fakes will fall apart with speed, indeed. 100% guaranteed. um WOW, speed, indeed, guaranteed? brilliant. damn i knew i was a poetic genius. i just knew it.

but anywayssss. dude i need to stop digressing. so basically i was trying to say... who really gives a flying f*ck if everyone and their mom and their dog carries it? if you like it, then that's all that matters. the end.

You are sooooooooo funny..:lol: I laughed so loud reading your post..
I'm getting a Speedy too..
I'd say i own great bags..not a Gucci of LV I was debating btw the 2..so no I'm def getting the Speedy. I want a bag that will fit l my Junk as well.

I think Designers should design so that it is really diff to copy.
Just my thoughts

MizBlue said:
I think Designers should design so that it is really diff to copy. Just my thoughts

Four months ago when I was at LV, a sales and I were discussing the multicolore and the issue of counterfeits. The sales said that one of the reason they decided to make the purses 33 colors as opposed your normal rainbow spectrum was precisely because of the counterfeiters. They did so many shades that it was difficult for the counterfeiters to get them right. So far I hadn't seen a replica that has gotten the colors right yet.

knock-offs, fakes and replica bags are the postmodern art of the luxury goods market! man, this postmodern class im taking at school is really getting into my brain....im writing my midterm on postmodern art and knock-off designer bags...using the prada marfa installation as a vague example of the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->