Wide pants and jeans

Melisande

Reaction score
I've always loved the look of wide trousers and jeans...

I've been glimpsing maybe one or two per season and getting hopeful, but the world seems to have gone straight from bootcut flares to skinnies.:(

Anyone with me? Seen any good ones around? I don't mean baggy pants which look too big for you; ones which fit but whose legs stay hip-width or wider. Sailor pants would be one example.

:flower:

These Yohjis from FW06/07 are the closest I could find, though they're slightly baggier than what I'm talking about...(style.com)

Attachments

• 00180m.jpg
    00180m.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a picture from catwalk, and it's not very recent, but I just thought I should contribute...I love this casual look on Carolyn Bessette Kennedy (simplycarolyn.com). I really like the wide jeans trend.

they are looking great with a very tight shirt or t-shirt on itB)

I agree. Otherwise it looks like you're a hip hopper or trying to hide.

wide jeans? this is not new right?

i can certainly see the rising wave of wide trousers during the fw 0607 catwalks, its always like this, when skinny shapes come up, the industry always puts out wide lines to even things up and give the consumers more choices :wink:

Nice look, Whitelinen! No Lena, this is not new, but then again the problem is we never see them anymore...

This DVF sailor pant is a good example of what I was talking about...wide as opposed to baggy...(from her website but not recent either...:( :(

Attachments

• dvf.comsailorpants.jpg
    dvf.comsailorpants.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 9
And I really like these jeans from Karen Walker...

(scanned from Spur Dec.05)

Attachments

• karenwalkerjeans.jpg
    karenwalkerjeans.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 39
high waisted wide trousers look nice on women although it's that whole 70s boho chic thing that's kind of on it's way out. they've been shown a lot for men for a/w 06 but i think it's a bit premature. i don't think most guys (myself included) are ready to step away from skinny.

Melisande said:
And I really like these jeans from Karen Walker...

(scanned from Spur Dec.05)

:crush: i want it now :o

La Redoute narmally does a few wide trousers.
These are some of this seasons ones.
RR231B11M.JPG
TC056A11M.JPG
RR259A11M.JPG

From www.laredoute.co.uk

^_^
Just a pity they don't have a shop. I'm always too scared to order trousers online in case they don't fit.

nordstrom.com

I'm wearing these right now in black ... (Jag Jean)

I unfolded the fold and they're exactly the right length on me :rolleyes: I really love the way these fit.

illusions, don't take my word for it, but I've heard that la redoute is good with returns...:wink:

I love both of those fashionista-ta and zomerjurke! This style works with both a higher and lower waist I think.

well...actually

in the UK and europe skinny jeans have been big since 2003 , but now its on its way out , though i like em with boots , now the wide leg boyfriend jeans a la mooch or high waisted jeans a la karen walker are poised to make a comeback as low waisted jeans skinny or boot cut are fast becoming passe as they have gone mainstream and when that happens fashion moves in a different direction. Here is an article from time UK, also shows how people in UK are at least a year ahead in terms of fashion.
Shopping

Skinny jeans R.I.P

Girls with curves, rejoice — the drainpipe is dead, long live baggy ‘boyfriend’ jeans. Claudia Croft explains how to wear this spring’s more forgiving denim

trans.gif
I am now going to say something that will make the curvaceous members of Britain’s female population extremely happy. Skinny jeans are over. The oh-so-everywhere drainpipe fad, made popular by Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Victoria Beckham and just about anyone who fancied themselves a size 8 (whether they were or not), is receding faster than Jude Law’s hairline. After seasons of the spray-on look, fashion is going baggy in a big way.
white.gif
Earlier this month in New York, the forward-thinking designer Marc Jacobs declared that wide-legged strides were the way forward. His catwalk was full of loose jeans and trousers under layers of dresses, skirts and coats, a look that is the polar opposite of body-conscious. And Jacobs is not alone in touting the baggy look.
The London-based label Superfine, creator of the spray-on Liberty drainpipe, the skinniest of all skinny jeans, is also doing a super-loose pair called Beau, which puddle around the feet or can be rolled up and secured with a leather strap. Whichever way you wear them, the result is the same: sexy and louche, but not in a try-hard “look at my camel’s hoof” kind of way.
Suddenly, the skinny jeans that many young women have starved themselves into are no longer the hippest, most must-have thing in denim-dom. The hot shape of the moment is the slouchy “boyfriend” jean, so called because its loose, baggy structure makes it look like you borrowed them from the man in your life. As well as Superfine’s, you will find boyfriend jeans by Levi’s, Paper Denim & Cloth and Gap. The death of skinny denim is good news for women with thighs. The boyfriend is much less demanding than the drainpipe and can be very flattering. Wear a long, wide-legged pair with heels, for instance, and you will create a flattering, elongated silhouette, but getting the baggy look right still requires thought. Choose a pair that looks good on your bum. For instance, Superfine’s might be loose, but they also make the posterior look perky. “Don’t wear them with a long cardie like you did with skinny jeans. Balance out the volume of the legs with something shorter and more fitted on top,” says the Superfine designer, Flora Evans.
article credited to Times.uk

I don't like too wide kind of wide..but I do love the sort of more classic trouser..
I used to wear them a lot a year or so ago..might start wearing them again now. Thanks for the thread. :heart: !

welcome to tFS disco, will you please post source of the article you have reposted here? or else i'm afraid we will need to edit..

yeah not super wide but wide enough so it covers your legs also , I think they are not boho, you can channel a 40s hollywood vibe or you can wear em grungy or 70s school girls with nautical tops and college sweaters. Its a new look which hasnt been done in jeans too wide leg and high waisted but fashion is fickle and remember people were saying they would never wear skinny ...so a year from now people will be wearing wide leg and high waisted , just has to catch fire by one big celeb wearing it and the rest is history .. hehe...

oh sorry...my article is from TIMES UK....february 26, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->