Wide pants and jeans

Kar991 said:
I feel like they would just make me look big?

That's why the fit is so important--proper & flattering fit at the waist, hips, backside, etc., which the jeans I posted have for me. Btw, they're right at my natural waistline--which I like :wink: If done right, the flare can actually make you look smaller.

Louis Vuitton
00090m.jpg
00280m.jpg

style.com

Yay for wide pants! JR1 I adore the look on the right. :heart:

How could I have forgotten, these Ann Dems from this season...^_^ :heart: (style.com)

Attachments

• 00030m.jpg
    00030m.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
So glad someone posted about this. I've been on a quest to find wide leg pants/jeans for the last two years. The best I got was one pair off ebay and three in Europe. Be it sailor, bellbottom, or even raver style I just love the silhouette it creates when paired with fitted tops. I found this website with lots of stuff on wide leg.

http://www.bigflares.com/index.htm

i've really been liking the wide-legged pants for the past couple years now...
they are a nice way to mix things up in your wardrobe and not too many people have jumped on the bandwagon yet..
and if you get the right pair they can definitely be flattering :flower:

I'm not a fan, never have been. . .

Karen Walker f/w 06, not as extreme as some of the other posted tough.
pic nr.1 is from London & nr. 2-3 are from Aukland
00007.L.JPG

00054.L.JPG

00078.L.JPG

[firstview.com]

^ Obviously it would have been toned down for the shops...the runway for Dior is always usually over the top thanks to Galliano

Which reminds me...Ralph Lauren S/S 06...I won't mention the styling, but the pants are quite nice...(style.com)

and...last but not least...:o

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this look (well the Dior... ) and always have. There is NO way I can carry the skinny jean look (even a skinny trouser won't work) So this style, fitted at the waist and well tailored is one of my favs as it just suits my bodyshape (and my style). Shall be making some in the very near future.... YEY!! Thanks for the inspiration.

JR1 said:
^ Obviously it would have been toned down for the shops...the runway for Dior is always usually over the top thanks to Galliano

I totally understand, JR1! :wink: I'm definitely not one of those people who think the Paris shows are crazy and unwearable, I adore that. I just didn't expect that to pop up suddenly, and I certainly never imagined wide pants could take on such an incarnation! :P Thanks for posting that. :flower:

^ Its ok ^_^ I'm not totally sure If I like wide pants though...:ermm::unsure: On one hand I do but on the other I dont...

Wide leg trousers are so flattering, I think, as long as they're not too sloppy and are the right fabric. Fashionista-ta, those jeans are great!:flower:

i think they are quit flattering they create a very sophisticated look , i feel and lots of girls who are body concious but want to feel sexy can wear these pants , they hide your flaws and still make you look good ...its a win win situation, if you see designers have consistently included them in the collections over the past 15 years , because it looks very classy and high fashion. Also its very appropriate for work ,school and going out. ** also im talking about decently wide not like super duper wide. In north america im starting to see people wear a lot of palazzo pants esp in clubs, i guess with temps going up its roomy and its perfect for lounging in. its hard to sit in my skinnies !!!

^ Ralph Lauren proves my point about distressed jeans on older folks :lol: Just say no ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->