Work It Out - Activewear & Workout Gear

AmeliaRaitte

Reaction score
Work It Out - Activewear and work out gear

I know I know, it's a sign of my vanity to want to look good at the gym instead of just sweaty and bewildered. I know it's not helped by the fact that my sweatpants are about an inch and a half too short.

So, what do you wear when you go for the burn?

Originally posted by AmeliaRaitte@Nov 17 2004, 06:13 AM
I know I know, it's a sign of my vanity to want to look good at the gym instead of just sweaty and bewildered. I know it's not helped by the fact that my sweatpants are about an inch and a half too short.

So, what do you wear when you go for the burn?
[snapback]434660[/snapback]​

I wear 3/4 length navy or black gym tights that are hipser.... oh sooo sexy with a coloured sports top and a singlet to match my pants.. i do sometimes match my gym shoes with my outfit... :D wear a g-string when wearing tight pants is strongly advised ^_^

When I used to go to the gym, I had three pair of Juicy black, navy and brown track suits... they're the best :lol:

Now I quit gym, and I quit Juicy :rofl:

yeah....in my world it is not chic to go and sweat in a room full of strangers...
don't do it...:ninja: :glare:

i don't work out... but i considered my dance classes my 'workout' and to those i wore yoga-ish pants and a plain tank top or tshirt (i don't do the only sports bra thing) and to my ballroom dance classes i wore the same kind of top but with capris or stretchy jeans rolled up with my dance shoes (which i :heart: to pieces... i think theyre just as lovely as designer shoes and wish i could wear them straight out from lessons)

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 10:41 PM
yeah....in my world it is not chic to go and sweat in a room full of strangers...
[snapback]434809[/snapback]​

You're so right. Who could be elegant in a class called 'total body pump'.

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 16 2004, 10:46 PM
i don't work out... but i considered my dance classes my 'workout' and to those i wore yoga-ish pants and a plain tank top or tshirt (i don't do the only sports bra thing) and to my ballroom dance classes i wore the same kind of top but with capris or stretchy jeans rolled up with my dance shoes (which i :heart: to pieces... i think theyre just as lovely as designer shoes and wish i could wear them straight out from lessons)
[snapback]434818[/snapback]​

ooh ballroom dance classes... I liiiiiike

Originally posted by lovespell@Nov 16 2004, 09:37 PM
I workout at home, so I can look like a slob and it's okay. :smile:
[snapback]434805[/snapback]​

same here :muscles: long live the home gym

but when i go running i wear my pro stuff

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 04:41 PM

I don't try for chic when I am going to get all sweaty and grody. I mean, hello? Spend good money on clothes that are going to get pitched in the washing machine every day? And get all deodorant-stained, and possibly grass-stained, depending on what I am up to? Not bloody likely.

Heck, I mostly wear old jean-shorts and tee-shirts or tank-tops. I've also got a couple of pairs of guys' swimming trunks that make good workout shorts.

When I am at an actual dance class, I wear a traditional leotard and tights. I have a long-sleeved one for cool weather and a short sleeved one for warm weather. The long-sleeved one is black and the short-sleeved one is forest-green. The tights are white.

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 16 2004, 04:41 PM
don't do it...:ninja:  :glare:
:lol: Same here, I was so embarassed the last time I actually went to a gym. It just felt really odd... Like everyone's staring at you when you're looking horrible. I'm liking my yoga class though, it's dark, and we spend like half the time with our eyes closed.
I normally just wear sweat pants like as you like it, although my mum was lovely and bought me some proper yoga pants the other day. Lavender-coloured, and with a ribbon for the waist. I honestly can't stand feeling too ugly.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 16 2004, 08:31 PM
Same here, I was so embarassed the last time I actually went to a gym. It just felt really odd... Like everyone's staring at you when you're looking horrible. I'm liking my yoga class though, it's dark, and we spend like half the time with our eyes closed.
:innocent:
[snapback]435027[/snapback]​

i actually did work out for awhile when i was doing cheerleading... just to keep up with training because our coach sucked. it was so embarrassing... i also felt like everyone was staring at me. like everyone who actually knew how to work out and use the machines. i had to ask someone how to work the treadmill and the elliptical machines...and then there were the weights. all i knew was that you're supposed to lift them. eventually i got a trainer for awhile but i still felt really awkward there...

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 16 2004, 07:34 PM
i actually did work out for awhile when i was doing cheerleading... just to keep up with training because our coach sucked. it was so embarrassing... i also felt like everyone was staring at me. like everyone who actually knew how to work out and use the machines.
[snapback]435032[/snapback]​
Exactly! I went in for a spinning class once, just to see how it was. And I kept banging my knees and not knowing how to change the controls, or anything. A truly horrible experience too, when you're supposed to be moving quickly. Never went back. :huh:

That was just bad classes and lousy instructors. Most gyms offer introductory classes, so if you do want to try a new workout, be it weightlifting or "spinning" or whatever, inquire at your local gym or rec center as to when the next session of introductory or beginner classes will be held.

The health benefits of exercise greatly outweigh the short-term embarrasment of not knowing how to do an exercise, and if you learn how to do it properly, it is something you can carry with you and do on your own terms later on. Or take classes elsewhere and be able to move into it seamlessly.

Everyone is a beginner at some point. Bear this truth in mind!

I only use my gym to swim and I'll spare you what I wear in the pool. To and fro, it's pants and hoodie like LL Cool J in his "Mama Said Knock You Out" video.

I don't see the point in trying to look good when working out. :wacko: But hey that's just me. :wink:

If you really want to look half decent when working out, I suggest you pick up Nike outfits. Some of their stuff is formulated so that your sweat is less apparent (it has something to do with the tissue being absorbant and then letting go the sweat.).

Unless it has special "powers" (like the Nike outfits) I suggest you go for something cute and comfy. :flower: Don't spend too much on some ridiculously priced stuff because you'll be washing it really often.

I usually wear sweatpants with an oversized, baggy tee or sweatpants with a close-fitting tank top at the gym. When I go jogging/running outside (in the park or something) it depends on the weather: sweatpants & sweater when it's cold, sweatpants & tank top when it's warm. And I always wear my black and white Puma sneakers, they're comfy and cute! I don't really care that much about looking good at the gym, but I don't want to look like a total slob or wearing things that look bad on me/don't fit/whatever. That makes me feel uncomfortable. :flower:

Originally posted by NYC_Dreams@Nov 17 2004, 12:49 PM
I don't really care that much about looking good at the gym, but I don't want to look like a total slob or wearing things that look bad on me/don't fit/whatever. That makes me feel uncomfortable. :flower:
[snapback]435557[/snapback]​

yah this is me too. I was really just curious what people wear. I'm really not the type to wear matching ensembles of anything (ie head to toe one designer) but I do want to look OK. Especially in a class full of people all facing full-length mirrors - it's difficult for it not to cross one's mind.

And hey I'd never say I wasn't shallow

I wear high heels of course! (Work those calves!)

I'm joking!

I usually try to look decent at the gym because if I don't feel I look good, I won't be motivated enough to "continue" wanting to look good. Does that make sense?

If I worked out in baggy pants and an oversized t-shirt I feel frumpy and sloppy, so then I slack on my workouts.

I wear black dance pants with cargo pockets, sometimes a halter with a little bit of color or I will wear a little girl's tee layered over a bright tank top. I usually put my hair up and tie back with bright barettes and wear my cool striped trainers.

It might seem over the top, but at my gym, all the girls are like this. Velvet suits, silk yoga bags, 300 dollar trainers... *sigh* so I don't really stand out. HAHA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->