The Perfect Workout...

Reaction score
Okay so I am completely sick of running, I run on the tredmill, I run outside in my neighborhood...which can be hard sometimes because of tourists walking around etc.

BUT, I was wondering how you guys work out and what has worked for you, like what machinery you use, because I am part of a fitness club and I go almost everyday if I'm not running outside or doing pilates/yoga.

I've heard that the stairmaster is no good because it's boring as hell and it also creates bulky muscle...hard to fit into my jeans perhaps? And then I've heard that some things just don't work.

So any suggestions because running is becoming work, it never was before, but I've been working out since forever and it's just time for a change.

Thanks!

Well, I joined a gym with my friends and its fanatastic.

You can get a personal workout plan by one of the people who work there and they basically tell you what to do, so you don't have to worry about if you're doing something wrong.

And when you're with friends, it just makes it more fun somehow :D

Becky_da_da_da said:
Well, I joined a gym with my friends and its fanatastic.

You can get a personal workout plan by one of the people who work there and they basically tell you what to do, so you don't have to worry about if you're doing something wrong.

And when you're with friends, it just makes it more fun somehow :D

haha yeah i run with friends most of the time...that personal workout does sound nice, i know that mine offers that to the max. level. i was thinking about a personal trainer, i had one when i was younger and it was wonderful.

I know what you mean, cos then you don't have to worry and let them do all the work, lol

There is no 'perfect' workout, but I must recommend the elliptical machine if your gym has one. Make sure you put it on a resistance level depending on your fitness level, or you could vary the resistance and speed for an interval workout. Very easy to use machine, easier on the joints than running, challenging and fun. :heart:

LMK if you'd like any other help/advice... this is my thing... :wink:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
There is no 'perfect' workout, but I must recommend the elliptical machine if your gym has one. Make sure you put it on a resistance level depending on your fitness level, or you could vary the resistance and speed for an interval workout. Very easy to use machine, easier on the joints than running, challenging and fun. :heart:

LMK if you'd like any other help/advice... this is my thing... :wink:

oooo i have heard about those!! i'll def. look into that.

I like dance classes ... find it less boring compared to gym where you have to repeat the same stuff over and over again. I also like yoga / pilates

dancey-dance classes (like tap) or aerobic dance classes? because I just love hi/lo, step, etc... :woot:

i quit working out because i was so sick of my workout (cardio and weights). i haven't found anything i like (i tried pilates, yoga, step class, tae bo, dance), so i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

Try circut training (it can be really hard if you really work at it) it burns a lot of calories, its not boring, and its quick. If you dont have a workout express or one of those places try to vary your cardio, i think somehow it burns more when you are always mixing it up and using different body parts. I like free weights too but its hard to do if you don't have a trainer there pushing you ,which is awesome.

do weights... sculpt body by doing hit... eg go as heavy as you can... or you could go surfing/ skating or something else

lunabella said:
i quit working out because i was so sick of my workout (cardio and weights). i haven't found anything i like (i tried pilates, yoga, step class, tae bo, dance), so i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

:doh:

TheSoCalledPrep said:

my thoughts exactly :lol:

I need to find a new gym cause I'm moving house (YAY :woot:!)

I've been quite lazy with my working out this week I've kinda of done it too a minimum which is not like me really, though I've done some which is better than nothing

I have had packing, clearing out and work to worry about, I think that's fair enough, hehe :wink:.

I love the elliptical trainer! It seems to work so many muscles. I have a gym in my building and try to go after work to work-out as much as I can. I really like working out in my own home though. Lots of squats and lifting small weights is what I like to do at home.

lunabella said:
i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

boy, that's the life - let me tell ya!

treadmill doesn't work for me. so i got myself a versa climber! it's a total body workout! plus i do some weight training after 20 mins. on the climber

Dance classes, Thai boxing and rock climbing. Do those and you will have an increadible body. And they are fun as hell.

I want to try indoor climbing, but there aren't any rock wall places or adventure centers around here....

TheSoCalledPrep said:
I want to try indoor climbing, but there aren't any rock wall places or adventure centers around here....

TSCP, take a look at this. Even if none of these are close, making a trip out of it is worth it and if you need lessons or pass your belay test, you'll be there all day anyway. You can go with a friend or alone as many of these places match up people with partners (call for details). Rock climbing is super fun.

pilates baby!

i've tried running, lifting, yoga... everything...
but nothing reshaped my body like pilates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rysjxgmvx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->