The Perfect Workout...

lunabella said:
i quit working out because i was so sick of my workout...so i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

Bahaha!!! I laughed out loud at that one. :lol: :flower:

The perfect workout would be a mix of running outside, gym, aerobics/yoga and swimming. It is very easy to get bored, so once you are fed up with one set, move on to another.

All I really do is Pilates mixed with Yoga...I know I should get some cardio or something and maybe something to improve my backside.

What about spinning? Looks interesting...

I use to have a trainer and that was GREAT!!! too much $$ though to maintain in the long run. But if you have the funds...I totally recommed it.

Ever see the informercial for Windsor Pilates? I do that every once in a while...its sooo easy. Nothing better than sitting on your a$$ and flailling your legs around a bit. Very easy and effective:wink:

Well I start my spinning class (AGAIN) in the morning. I know my legs will be mad at me later on...but oh well, I can't be flabby for the spring/summer. :smile:

It's maybe a strange question but how can I lose muscles? Especially my thighs, to many muscles there:cry: I play tennis everyday at least two hours a day and I do phisycal training 5 times a week, fitness, running etc.. I am skinny only my thighs are over-musceled (sp??) Any tips? Thx:flower:

i enjoy my work out. its only been a month or so,and I havent noticed anything significant, but its an A+ workout.

I used to do strength training three times a week, cardio twice, and sports here and there. I came to a good weight for me, but I completely lost my breasts! Now that I've gained back a bit of weight, lost all my muscle, and basically ready to start my body over again, what exercise program is good to come down about 5-10 lbs, tone up, but not lose all the breast meat? I like my Cs. Do I just have to keep the fat, but tone up underneath to make it look better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the bodydoctor programme. www.bodydoctor.com. It's a weights and cardio programme with yoga influences in which the order of the weights you perform lengthens and stretches out the muscles you just worked. It really does work - I got great results from it and its what Sophie Dahl used initially in order to go from a UK size 16 to a UK size 10-12. The nutritional programme that goes along with it makes a HUGE differance aswell- food combining and organic, real food. No protein shakes or glorified candy bars aka protein bars that taste like rubber. Just healthy and pure food.

Garuda said:
It's maybe a strange question but how can I lose muscles? Especially my thighs, to many muscles there:cry: I play tennis everyday at least two hours a day and I do phisycal training 5 times a week, fitness, running etc.. I am skinny only my thighs are over-musceled (sp??) Any tips? Thx:flower:

I know EXACTLY what thats like - Im a tennis player too and I remember even when I was 15 I had such strong looking legs - they dont look that great in jeans! I thought running would lean them out so I did a couple of half marathons- nope. Running actually can make legs more muscly if you have that kind of mesomorph bodytype (think Britney Spears rather than Renee Zellwegger). I think Pilates and Yoga are best for creating a lean look. And for your c.v the xtrainer or elliptical is best. My brother once joked that an elliptical trainer is a 'fat persons machine'. I guess because its easier than running on a treadmill. It doesnt have to be easy though- level it on about 12 (1-20) and go hard for about 45 minutes - youll burn about 600 calories.
This should help you lean out a bit. Good luck.xxx

ShoeLady said:
Try www.equinoxnyc.com. There are dozens of different classes to choose from, and the spa is wonderful. Less crowded than the NYSC and Crunch gyms.

THANK YOU! I've been gym shopping as I am moving to NY in June, this sounds amazing! I've been looking to do some kickboxing classes.

Garuda said:

I'm like greenfairy--I've got the muscle thing going on as well. And being short and chesty as well, I've got Jessica Simpson's problem with looking bigger than I actually am. (I suppose that's a proportion challenge.) Anyway, you can't really get rid of muscle (it's body type), but I agree with the talk about pilates. I think I'll try doing that next winter, in my off season.

If you're experimenting with exercises, let me know what works for you!

If you are going to do weights at the gym never do any machine weights on your legs. Do loads of lunges- thats what Naomi Campbell does and she has amazing muscle definition in her legs.

Gyms and workouts are for jessies. I go running outside and I enjoy the burn. Okay, maybe I don't really enjoy the burn...

Losing muscle is easy. Just don't eat any protein for a while and your muscles will begin to waste. Muscular atrophy.

I'm like you Amara, I only really do yoga and Pilates. but I've found that comparing doing a year of three times a week cardio-weights (1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour weights each sesson) vs. a year now of 3 times a week pilates and yoga classes (2 pilates, 1 yoga, each an hour) the drastically noticable difference in my body is huge.

With the yoga and pilates I've lost almost 10 lbs (over a 6 months period going from 118-108 with no diet change), I'm nicely tone and overall look better. And my arms and legs have more muscle to them than the year I was doing cardio-weights... plus i feel stronger when I lift things. I still do cardio sometimes and bike everywhere too.

If you're slim but want to tone up I really suggest a pilates/yoga combo.

For me, there is just nothing like going to the gym after work and turning my mind off while I watch pointless TV on the elliptical. I :heart: the elliptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->