Work It Out - Activewear & Workout Gear

^ I love that first pair! :heart:.. I've been trying to be less.. conservative (ha!) and experiment more with color. Forever21 also had a nice pair of similar ones in blue, didn't get them but they looked great.. by the way F21 has surprisingly nice bras and decent quality, and of course so cheap!

I ended up getting another pair of Adidas (lol), just for running.. and I hated Y-3 so much but I've been switching to them when I jump rope and oh my.. that's where these babies belong! I mean.. they're not called "boxing shoes" for no reason (note to my stupid self). :lol: :glare:

Have any of you tried the stuff designed for cold weather?

Right now I'm looking at Adidas =) tights
And Nike...

I wore a lot of climawarm and climaheat stuff by Adidas, it worked wonders.. I think it depends on what kind of exercise you're doing, weather conditions (humidity, wind) and just how good or bad you're with rough weather... I'm pretty bad! I get very very cold (and proportionally whiny) under 10 degrees celcius and I'd run in leggings or sweatpants and long-sleeve tees/hoodies from this line just fine in -5 weather (I think that's the coldest I did). Their outwear with thermolite is pretty amazing too, it has some kind of fabric that's of course thermal but unlike most thermal stuff, this is placed only in specific areas so it's never overwhelming or heavy and you're still protected.

I tend to run 2 miles per session, so I don't know if it will work for people that just walk or people that are training for a marathon or just running a lot but I'd say it's definitely worth a shot.

That said, I hate running outdoors.. my performance is always poor. These days I just put on regular workout clothes, a windbreaker or puffy jacket and head to the gym. My biggest problem with any type of cold weather is always feet... minimal cold + toe movement= excruciating feet cramp for sure. I have to put on double socks no matter how warm a single pair is. :doh:

Anyway, unrelated but I was looking at some of the activewear at F21, some stuff is ridiculous, there are leggings with holes on your knees and then stuff like J-LO's Versace dress like adapted as a "gym top". or things with strings on your boobs. I mean.. never stop looking "hot"! but can you be upside down? can you jump nonstop for 5 minutes on that? seems totally limiting, like going to the gym in heels or a speedo. Bad message too. :rolleyes:

Thanks! =) Very helpful review. I was very curious about Climaheat. I first saw it for Stella McCartney in a department store flyer. (Now I see she actually worked with Adidas)

I am convinced it is good to try it, especially when it gets colder here. I move through a lot of temperatures and then there's mine too. It will help me if it can allow me to not have to bring too many clothes. Sometimes I don't do errands after work or chill out because my bag has a lot to carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS I maybe never believed in windbreakers til recently. It was warm and the wind was pretty cold; and I really noticed that the cold wind was shielded off because I was warm inside the jacket. :Pink:
Something I don't think I'd normally experience if I lived in the west coast.

Too late to edit but I hope this is not the same as your comment to me in the winter thread. Technically I would not be working out but I do heat up even in normal walking / shopping. My jobs are also more on the physical side.

Also...I love padded feet. I like putting a fine sock inside a thick one. Have to find the right thick one... the one I have is a bit coarse on the inside.
Sometimes does feel too tight or air-restricting having two.

^ There are socks made with padding in them for walking ... have you seen those? I've only seen them in white ...

Haven't :-) They look very good.. I have seen medical type socks in person

It depends on my workout. When I do "graceful" exercises, as my friend likes to call them, I put in a little more effort with my outfit - stylish crop tops and yoga pants. But when I'm boxing or doing MMA, I just put on whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->