Work It Out - Activewear & Workout Gear

no one seemed to mention adidas...
are they any good....?
:unsure:

what about stuff from places like old navy or the gap or some other less expensive options...?
are there any good online sites that sell discounted activewear?
it seems like if you work out several times a week you would need a collection of these clothes and it really starts to add up...$$$...
i'm looking for some more affordable options so i can save my pennies for my street wear!...
:P

any and all recommendations/feedback much appreciated...
thanks in advance
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
are they any good....?

what about stuff from places like old navy or the gap or some other less expensive options...?
it seems like if you work out several times a week you would need a collection of these clothes and it really starts to add up...$$$...
i'm looking for some more affordable options so i can save my pennies for my street wear!...

thanks in advance

Hi Softie!! How's everything?

I usually wear Adidas, I love their streamlined styles and their shoes seem to fit my feet the best. I wish I could afford Stella's line, but for me it doesn't seem worth spending so much on something I'll be sweating on. I wear Adidas track pants for running.

However, you are right it starts to add up when you work out more. For tops, the UNIQLO dry line (forget the exact name) is very good and inexpensive (got mine for 6 dollars or so). Your perspiration stays cool and dry, and doesn't show. Wouldn't win awards for style, but just basic and good enough for my jogs. :wink:

once upon a time ...hahah when i did some sports...i always let my father choose my stuff like more than brands and look trendy i wanted to run faster, sweat less and get quality not such a fashion nightmare to do sports... cause if you want quality and a brand u have to spend a lot if you can find it at regular shops, and even though is not as good as brands that are so specialized that btw it doesn't mean they are cheap but they are worth it... like socks with silver...its a whole world of special stuff really...and people who tried them repeat so... they got be something cool on them

Attachments

• 25005_DT8.jpg
    25005_DT8.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • 25005_DT9.jpg
    25005_DT9.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
yes uniqlo also has its "sportswear" sort of line.
unfortunately its page in the link is dead right now somehow. maybe they are replacing it with F/W ?
http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/sportswear

naoki takizawa is going to sell this stuff called naoki next month. the prices will not be so good, but the fabrics are by toray, from which I'd expect the highest-tech as of now.

afpbb

Attachments

• nt5.JPG
    nt5.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 2
  • nt3.JPG
    nt3.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 3
  • nny2.JPG
    nny2.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
  • nt.JPG
    nt.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 3
  • naoki_02-thumb-600x478-12068.jpg
    naoki_02-thumb-600x478-12068.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
^ Patagonia is also an ethical company ... they use organic cotton, some polyester from recycled soft drink bottles (those items are marked), and donate 1% of their gross, I believe. I have a bunch of t-shirts, etc. from them. Wearing one right now, in fact :wink:

muji's new sportswear line which will come out in two weeks over here called
"active"

fashionsnap.com

Attachments

• muji_active_01-thumb-600x400-13983.jpg
    muji_active_01-thumb-600x400-13983.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • muji_active_03-thumb-450x600-13985.jpg
    muji_active_03-thumb-450x600-13985.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1
  • muji_active_02-thumb-450x600-13984.jpg
    muji_active_02-thumb-450x600-13984.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
  • muji_active_04-thumb-300x225-13986.jpg
    muji_active_04-thumb-300x225-13986.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 188
Thanks runner, I just love the Stella designs and looking forward to the Uniqlo.
Nice new take on the "run-ska!", will have to try it out.

I also like Patagonia (esp. for their company ethics) but they're a little more expensive and design-wise, more boxy/traditional.

ADIDAS OUTLETS- perfect for shorts, bras, tanks, anything really. i get my biker shorts, running shorts, and other activewear there for $4-10 max each... great investment!

LULULEMON.. the perfect booty-sculpting pants. lovelovelove it.

I prefer Adidas for my workout gear. I love their Climacool range.They have styles that look nice and function great.
Plus they wash and wear really well so they keep looking brand new for agessss.

For me, having a personal style includes having a "personal workout-style", I won't show up at the gym in old, washed-out sweatpants and a stained t-shirt- I've spent a lot of time and money on my "gym warderobe" as well as my regular wardrobe. My gym-style is a lot more simple and clean than my regular style, and it's actually practical- there's nothing practical about my regular wardrobe. :lol:

I tend to go for simple, sleek tops with built-in bra (less fuss:(

logo-hvit.jpg

nelly.com

I love the Maja Loose Pants from Rönisch, they've been a staple in my workout-wardrobe for years, as they're so insanely flattering- my bum has never looked better than they do in a pair of those:

18940huge.jpg

xxl.no

I also love my Casall 3/4 pants:

878198-0054_11.jpg

xxl.no

If my top and pants are toned-down and simple, like those above, I need something to add a bit of me, a bit of quirkiness and fun- my new workout shoes do that job perfectly:

878198-0054_1.jpg

Nelly.com

What's your "gym style" like? Do you have one?

help...!!
i know we have this thread...
can anyone please help me find it or remember the name so i can merge with this one...?

TIA...

ETA-
nevermind...found it!....
^_^

are they any good....?

thanks in advance

I'm the same way...I hate spending a lot on workout wear...the most cost-effective option that I have found is the champion line at Target...they do not skimp on quality, either. The only issue is that non of the cute items are available online...you have to go the store to find the cute stuff :wink:

Total black (you don't see sweat wet stains eh eh) in super-tech materials:
all my T-shirts are very light, large and in cotton mixes that makes it easier for your skin to breath (Nike and Adidas do many of them)
I use cropped black stretch pants (Nike Dry Fit are the best!!)

Also, I love if the T-shirts have a wide neck that can slide on the shoulder and you can see the sport bra/top underneath (I love Nike's).

Also, I always avoid any kind of jewellery and I keep my hair up in a bun, so that they don't look horribly wet when I sweat ;-)

My aim is to reproduce a look like this, I think it's perfect!! http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-chic-american-women-wear-to-work.html
Very technical and practical but very simple chic (and easy to copy!) ;-)

my workout gear is from stella mccartney for adidas and regular adidas.

i refuse to pay retail price for them.
i buy all my NWT stella for adidas items on ebay and i can find normal adidas workout wear at discount stores like TJ maxx or marshalls.

if i lived near uniqlo i would buy their workout clothes also.

I'm really interested in the new line of Spanx activewear. All breathable fabrics, all supportive which is nice when you're moving around and bouncing up and down. I go to a more high-end health club so I am trying to upgrade my workout-wear so I don't look like a slob next to people in fancy workout outfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->