Work It Out - Activewear & Workout Gear

I'm all Lululemon all the time. I haven't found anything that wicks better or is more flattering. I'm partial to Astro Crops, Cool Racerback tank, and Energy bra. :heart:

I have no fitness clothes. At least there's nothing that could rip without causing a grieve, so I always have a hard time when I have to wear somehting. This is because when I played sports I always had a uniform, but now I am struggling to find anything to wear!

Total black (you don't see sweat wet stains eh eh) in super-tech materials:
all my T-shirts are very light, large and in cotton mixes that makes it easier for your skin to breath (Nike and Adidas do many of them)
I use cropped black stretch pants (Nike Dry Fit are the best!!)

Also, I love if the T-shirts have a wide neck that can slide on the shoulder and you can see the sport bra/top underneath (I love Nike's).

Also, I always avoid any kind of jewellery and I keep my hair up in a bun, so that they don't look horribly wet when I sweat ;-)

My aim is to reproduce a look like this, I think it's perfect!! http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-chic-american-women-wear-to-work.html
Very technical and practical but very simple chic (and easy to copy!) ;-)

Oh, those nike dry fit are the best
:heart::heart:

I also like to wear all black
and loose t-shirts.
I could not even image to wear tight shirt.
It is allways slim fit pants and loose shirt.
Asics shoes are best shoes!!!!!
I usually buy just regular shirts,
Nike etc shirts are just way too expensive.
:doh::angry:

I also LOVE sweatpants.
Not one of those grey, stained, ripped sweatpants
but Nike sweatpants (I can spend money on these HAHA)
from men section.
I hate the way woman sweatpants are done
and when I buy small size from men section
it works well.
I wear these at work (at kids day care center),
then after work-out when I just wanna
put something comfortable on.
I could not live without sweatpants.

Oh, and good sport bras are must.
I know one woman who work-out in regular bra...
It just looks uncomfortable and like it hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that sounds a lot like me, Jenna. All black + loose tee.

And I'm going to third the dri-fit Nike capris :heart:.. I live for those, same for Nike tees, socks and sport bras. I like investing on their capris, bras and accesories but I get their tshirts from the Nike outlet, last time I got 2 x 12 dlls I think, total bargain considering they're usually around 25 dlls each.

For tees and oversized tanks, because don't last that long when you run a lot anyway, I go to Kmart (they're around 2.99 :lol:) and sometimes I'll find some with decent graphics at F21.

I buy all of my yoga and workout gear from REI off the website. I just got a new workout shirt by Mountain Hardware in their blue color, on sale, and I have a few of their capri pants, all of the materials are moisture wicking, and stretchy and comfortable. In their fitness section on the website there are a lot of cute options available for women who want to look feminine while doing active things.

I just bought new running tights from Casall and I LOVE them. I got them at an outlet so they weren't too expensive and they make my butt look great, haha. I need a new sports bra though, which brand is the best? I'm considering Nike or Adidas - is Reebok any good?

I'm trying to update some of my workout gear for running and having become a fan of Nikes' Training app I've been following them on FB and they posted this video. What are people's experience on Nike pants ?

My exercise clothes are from the C9 by Champion line at Target. They are affordable, comfortable and get the job done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Hipkitten, I do love Lululemon's wonder unders and the dance pants..I don't feel as icky when I sweat in them. My only black sweatshirt has been worn to death but it I love it still lol.. I should retire it!

Major gym-wear inspiration. I won't be taking a 40000 dollar bag to gym anytime soon, but the rest can be executed.. maybe a different top?

justjared.com

I'm looking to start running. I have my bottom half sorted but I have no idea what to wear on my top half. What do people do with their mobile phones etc? Should I be looking for a top with zipped pockets?

Can any one reccomend a sports bra for larger cup sizes that will actually suport me but not be so structured I almost feel like I am wearing a corset :( having a total nightmare trying to find one

Try Freya or Panache :smile: They are both said to be very supportive and comfortable. Since you're in London you can probably check them at a Bravissimo store.

Can any one reccomend a sports bra for larger cup sizes that will actually suport me but not be so structured I almost feel like I am wearing a corset :( having a total nightmare trying to find one

I highly recommend Shock Absorber. They have a bra specifically for running, but all of the high impact range are good for running etc. They also do bras for lower impact sport which I haven't used, but I would think they would be worth investigating.
They don't have underwire if that is what you mean by structured?
I'm a 30DD and they are the only bras I really like for sport.

Work Out wear

I'm always on the look out for multi-functional clothing including work out clothing:

I recently stumbled on this Vancouver WA based clothing line which is known for it's Sweet Spot sport skirt. I've worn this skirt everyday for two weeks straight, over leggings.

I'm completely hooked on this snap on, adjustable, reversible, multi-sport, multi-occasion skirt!

This is the pattern I've been wearing only the reverse side which has a solid black skirt and pattern only at the waist. I took colored Sharpies to mine just to jazz it up!
Here's a link to the cringe-worthy how to type video:

maxresdefault.jpg

youtube

I, of all people, am planning to start going to a gym :ninja:

What sneakers would be best, in you all's experience?

I, of all people, am planning to start going to a gym :ninja:

What sneakers would be best, in you all's experience?

I would say that it totally depends on what kind of work out you are planning on doing. For running you need shoes that are slightly elevated at the heel, for weight lifting you need shoes that gives you a good connection with the floor (and therefore not running shoes), and for gym classes where you do a lot of sideways-steps and twists (like stepfit) you need something that will make you turn. And if you are doing yoga, pilates etc., you don't need shoes at all. Also it depends on your feet, running style etc. I would definetely recommend you going to a sports store and asking them and maybe do if a running test, if you are planning on running.

I ended up buying a pair of Reebok cardio ultra because they are good for sideways movement and twists, and that was my main need at the time. I use them for running too though, but I rarely do anything more than 10 minutes at the time on the threadmill though :smile:

^ Thank you! :flower:

Unfortunately my asthma and my lungs in general won't allow me to run... I've done pilates for a long time and I want to get back, plus some gym classes and maybe weight lifting too at some point! I shall check Reebok I think :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->