Work It Out - Activewear & Workout Gear

^ Thank you! :flower:

Unfortunately my asthma and my lungs in general won't allow me to run... I've done pilates for a long time and I want to get back, plus some gym classes and maybe weight lifting too at some point! I shall check Reebok I think :smile:

I so feel your pain - I have a problem with my hip ( hello grandma :rolleyes: ), so I cannot do much ATM - I am sticking to yoga and pilates mostly.

I think the Reebok shoes will be perfect for that :flower: mine are the pink ones, I don't think the yellow one has the twist function.

I went for Nike instead! They are some Nike Revolutions... very comfortable and they exist in all sorts of price ranges it seems!

I also bought some training gloves... three times going to the gym, and my hands have blisters already :ermm:

And for pics...

33tp8uo.jpg

my pic :wink:

The zip on my favourite workout hoodie broke. :(

On the rare occasion that I still work out, I wear bad replica NBs. They were a present from my uncle when he got back from a holiday in a country rife with bad replicas. I do not care. :mrgreen:

I just cant support Lululemon anymore which was my go to line.

During the warmer days its shorts (with compression liners) and tees, both made of light weight, airy fabrics that are moisture wicking.

Now that its getting colder Im wearing 3/4 and full length compression tights (Under Armour, Reebok) under shorts and long sleeve tees.

does anyone here run regularly and have experience with non-Nike shoes?

I'm back to working out and do 70% running, 30% some weights.. at least for now, I'm that kind of female client trainers hate (and eventually abandon :lol:) because I'm "very concerned" about bulking up. Anyway! so I can't stand Nike, they don't give me that floaty feeling like Adidas does and everyone, absolutely everyone, wears them (childish, I know). I figured I should try Puma and looked them up online and they looked so nice but when I went to the store.. my god, don't they feel and look so.. disposable!. Is there anything better design-wise and for running? Reebok?, and also with really good support? (long history of back problems here and don't want to add knee to the list!)

The only running shoes I own right now are all Adidas, first ones were always too big, second ones are so pretty but still (after 2 years) so stiff around the ankle and hurt so much after an hour, and third pair is Y-3, and they have red glitter.. I'd feel so bad abusing them on the treadmill!

I've always been happy with Asics but I'm not exactly an expert in fitness wear.

^ I love Asics! I have a pair somewhere and still love them. It's so tricky with fitness wear, I guess I need more experience because I only notice when shoes definitely don't work long after the purchase, when I'm already running and wondering why does it feel my feet bones are in direct contact with the sole lol..

I have Nikes so I can't help :(

026924deed433d706cf1a4c8749afdb5.jpg

figleaves

got a new bra... I need some new bottoms however :ermm: what do y'all like?

^ Nike! (haha) shoes aside, nothing beats their tights!. I just bought a pair yesterday and I was actually shopping for bras too (that one looks nice btw), but ughh couldn't decide! I'm actually right now on my way to finish that mission. :lol:

^ Will look into them :smile:

For bras I really recommend Panache! They have a lot of colours and options but the structure is amazing!

thank you! I'll look into that, really need more! just came back almost empty-handed (got another pair of nike legggings! I'm the worst!)

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone here run regularly and have experience with non-Nike shoes?

I'm back to working out and do 70% running, 30% some weights.. at least for now, I'm that kind of female client trainers hate (and eventually abandon :lol:) because I'm "very concerned" about bulking up. Anyway! so I can't stand Nike, they don't give me that floaty feeling like Adidas does and everyone, absolutely everyone, wears them (childish, I know). I figured I should try Puma and looked them up online and they looked so nice but when I went to the store.. my god, don't they feel and look so.. disposable!. Is there anything better design-wise and for running? Reebok?, and also with really good support? (long history of back problems here and don't want to add knee to the list!)

The only running shoes I own right now are all Adidas, first ones were always too big, second ones are so pretty but still (after 2 years) so stiff around the ankle and hurt so much after an hour, and third pair is Y-3, and they have red glitter.. I'd feel so bad abusing them on the treadmill!

If you need them for running, you should go to a store specializing in running shoes and have a running test made, before you buy - the comfort is really crucial with that sort of shoes if you do not want to risk ruining your knees, so you should always get shoes that are good for YOU - what is good for me is not neccesarily right for others :smile:

I just cant support Lululemon anymore which was my go to line.

During the warmer days its shorts (with compression liners) and tees, both made of light weight, airy fabrics that are moisture wicking.

Now that its getting colder Im wearing 3/4 and full length compression tights (Under Armour, Reebok) under shorts and long sleeve tees.

I'm curious why?

They've been in some local controversy here about snarky comments posted at one of the stores on their sandwich board--and they totally deserved to be in hot water over that. I don't like the SAs' attitude at my local store, but the company as a whole seems to care about sustainability & be doing some good things ...

If you need them for running, you should go to a store specializing in running shoes and have a running test made, before you buy - the comfort is really crucial with that sort of shoes if you do not want to risk ruining your knees, so you should always get shoes that are good for YOU - what is good for me is not neccesarily right for others :smile:
Thank you for the good advice, I read your post earlier and got me thinking, mostly on whether such stores even exist around here! so I searched a bit and turns out the best one in the city is only a few blocks from where I work!, apparently they put you in some machine and study arch, weight, gravity center, knee alignment.. :mellow:.. I'll stop by next week, I got a spasm on my right foot two nights ago after running in those Y3s from hell and knowing all of my foot wasn't fully landing, I still kept going like a fool and when I got home, I got that cramp and really wondered if I was going to end up paralized for life (dramatic but it was awful-- I cried :lol:).

I only hope they don't put me in Hokas because that's as good as telling me not to run ever again (so ugly!).

^ My marathoner friends always wear Brooks running shoes. You may want to try them if you haven't already.

I prefer Adidas. Yeah, I know, not much help. :lol::flower:

Does anyone know where I can find some cute swimwear? I feel like swimwear intended for sports is usually either extremely boring in black or kind of wacky with crazy looking prints. I have a long torso and have trouble finding one-piece suits that fit me, so I currently just wear a black racer-back sports bra and regular black bikini briefs when I go to the pool a few times a week. Would love to find something nicer looking that is also sports appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->