Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2024.25 Paris

Yohji’s always been one of those labels that is so admirable, so artisanal, so adorable— but from afar, since I’ve never had the slightest desire to wear this brand; that the menswear is akin to dressing like a homeless doesn’t help either— as confirmed byYohji sort of stumbling out like a drunk homeless onto the runway for his bow just cements why I would never wear this brand— but is sort of hilarious and endearing… But this is one of his strongest offering in a long long long time. When it’s become routine to expect the typical slashed/asymmetric/monastic and still gently romantic silhouette from him, it’s such rush of freshness to see all those expected characteristics taken to a heightened level. It’s good.

(Just wished the White models’ hair were slicked back like the sole Asian model’s…That would have been something new instead of the same old same old for his image.)

^^^ Thought so as well-- until I remembered he had already expereiemtned with a similar silhouette, with the bustles, in 1995:

nick-knight-red-bustle-for-yohji-yamamoto-1986.jpeg

Truly stunning.

Seriously can't stop looking at this collection. This is how you do real punk, kids, unlike any Hedi Slimane or Marc Jacobs take on it. I feel it like a contemporary, more sculptural Vivienne Westwood.

I can't imagine the Paris fashion week without Yohji and the lovely Hôtel De Ville. Hands down one of the best collections this season !!!

The opening parade of black coats brought back for me the sensation of encountering Yohji Yamamoto's fashions for the first time. Beautiful.

Reactions: Meh
^^^ Thought so as well-- until I remembered he had already expereiemtned
in another episode of out and about but no less committed to fashun.. 🤳

I feel like 1995 (both fall and spring) are more in the theatrical/romantic territory that he goes in and out of.. this looks like a technical exercise once you look at the different angles.. it reminded me of CDG S/S 2006 (esp the tartan looks that are like 3 different pieces rolled up tightly and built into one) and what's interesting is that that one was about cutting without a pattern and this seems to amplify their use.. or something along the lines.

8788023-65e23fb9bd918.jpg8788103-65e2406aca686.jpg8788100-65e240642c0d5.jpg8788022-65e23fb74c5f9.jpg8788055-65e24000a3ff6.jpg8788005-65e23f915508c.jpg8788089-65e2404b139b3.jpg8788051-65e23ff7a4ce3.jpg
[firstview]

Yohji Yamamoto rarely disappoints. I honestly can't think of any other designer who explores and understands construction/draping more than Y.Y. Rei Kawakubo comes close....but too many of her collections aren't practical and too conceptual (I know that's her intent)...but everything here by Yohji can actually be worn.

a visual feast; when i re-look at this collection there is something else i notice, something else to learn about. a studious and intentional collection.

still, with anything he does, you have to be confident and so self-assured to wear his clothes. i like how he isn't shy here - you have to have a high level of skill to create this.

Yohji Yamamoto is very much.. a fashion designers type of designer. People who have a discerning eye for construction admire Yohji. His pieces don't scream for attention. His pieces....whisper.

Truly gorgeous. The master can do mo wrong even if it’s just a little expansion of his usual vocabulary. In the sea of pretentious fashion, Yohji remains true to himself. A feast to be savoured!

Gorgeous and so him, nostalgic yet new. I love this, but I am not as head over heels. It has everything Yohji can offer and that is why it makes me soewhat sad, don’t know who can do this after he leaves us and it would become so different from everything else. Seeing this also make me appreciate both Japanese designer and European ones more. Give realisation Europeans would never manage something like this, but also vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobAllen4599
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->