Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2024.25 Paris

strictly speaking, things in that nick knight image are from FW 1986.
and probably that was a play on dior details.

british vogue april 1948, clifford coffin
si-439481.jpg_ihcm-50.00_iwcm-48.21_fls-880229L.tif_fts-880229T.tif_mc-ffffff_fw5.00_lmwcm-5.0...jpg

Nick Knight  Red Bustle,Yohji Yamamoto 1986.jpg

kingandmcgaw
showstudio

just seeing those three together, that generation of greatness, getting older and older... 🥺😭❤️

Also does anyone know what he said when he was like I was tired of the regular sexy form so I told my pattern maker, it's called "x" ? did he say kibbe??

^ cubism, perhaps?

btw all patterns are hand-drawn at his atelier in shinagawa.

Last edited:
checked it again. I'm now sure he said "cubism" there.

when he says my pattern maker, he refers to keiko nishimoto, his wife, the chief pattern maker at the atelier.

from notebook on cities and clothes, 1989
the person with glasses next to him
(the other one with glasses, his mother)

notebook1.jpg

notebook.jpg

videoscreenshots

checked it again. I'm now sure he said "cubism" there.

when he says my pattern maker, he refers to keiko nishimoto, his wife, the chief pattern maker at the atelier.

from notebook on cities and clothes, 1989
the person with glasses next to him
(the other one with glasses, his mother)

View attachment 1253812

View attachment 1253813

videoscreenshots
Thank you! Do you know if the film is available to watch anywhere online? I watched it more than 20 years ago - it was such a beautiful film.

yohji skips sentences. english or japanese. his style from a long time ago.
this sometimes makes our grasp less easy.
although one would usually make the story short in order to make it easier to understand.

YY: I'm bored with womens body like sexy........
Nishimoto-san (since he calls her that way during work) I know I know. you say things like that. usually if not always. so what do you want to do this time?
YY: yes you are right. so, the theme is what is called cubism.

I believe this could be the unedited version of what was in his head there.

Thank you! Do you know if the film is available to watch anywhere online? I watched it more than 20 years ago - it was such a beautiful film.
I'm visiting my family home in a few weeks and the dvd is there.. I'll figure out how to extract it and upload it somewhere.. I know I bought one of these convertor things around 2019.

@runner I don't recall ever seeing his mom! thanks for that bit! also slowly processing that his wife is next to him in that doc from that year and I forgot what I did with my timeline (lol) but something's off in my favorite soap opera of the fashion industry: Yohji and Rei's separation.

I'm visiting my family home in a few weeks and the dvd is there.. I'll figure out how to extract it and upload it somewhere.. I know I bought one of these convertor things around 2019.

@runner I don't recall ever seeing his mom! thanks for that bit! also slowly processing that his wife is next to him in that doc from that year and I forgot what I did with my timeline (lol) but something's off in my favorite soap opera of the fashion industry: Yohji and Rei's separation.
Thank you so much! Runner pointed me to the 3-part link on dailymotion and I've downloaded them. I scrolled through quickly and noticed that there are no English subtitles. That's fine for me, but I'm sure everyone would find a subtitled version much more useful.

it's confusing. but she is not limi's mother as you know. and probably not his wife at that point. the unsung hero of unsung heroes. kuroko for YY, she had to stand by him all the time.

about01.jpg
bunraku.org.jp

Yohji Yamamoto Dressmaker

seems like it's not available over here. I haven't watched it all. but his mother is talking about yohji there if you are interested.

btw he said "my wife" in the asahi article, january 2013. that was the first time I saw him use the word.
so I believe he and keiko nishimoto were already married below (his mom in the back).

from Yohji Yamamoto Dressmaker, amazon
5a0a25a2870364e3d8f41bbf840308910851bc8301c72654eb4dfd998287c11c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->