Your Predictions: Style.com's Top 10 model list for Spring 2007

I despise Iekeliene. Love Bruna, Chanel, Ekaterina, Agyness. Couldn't care less about Magdalena, Michaela, Suvi, Lara...and I'm warming up to Alana.

Faith Akiyama said:
^I think Mr-Dale means that a couple of other models had Prada/Miu Miu exclusives as well this season (And previous seasons) but never made it to the list ^_^

But since Suvi opened Prada, she must be the one Miuccia's trying to promote...so I guess Style.com took a second glance at that fact.

And don't forget that Style.com LOVES Prada.

Mr-Dale said:
I don't think Suvi is special enough to be put on such a list after only two shows. Perhaps she'll grow on me, but right now I'm not happy to see her face on this list.. as you might have noticed :P
but she's gorgeeeeous, dale, admit it!. :doh:

:heart:
abra26ty9.jpg

[highheels]

I agree with Mullet again, I've got to say that I actually see a lot of potential in Suvi. From her recent photos, she's striking me as someone with a long career ahead of her. I can't defend her much more because with models its all subjective, so what can I really say...she opened Prada, it left an impression on me. On the other hand I personally cannot remember what shows Michaela was in, or why she struck a cord with Style.com, again...all subjective I guess...

I still think the general disbelieve amongst many of us is, "where is Daiaine?"

This list is a really good precursor as to who we'll see in the Vouges [if we see any of them- it all depends on if Gemma and Daria feel like doing any editorials :innocent:] The fact that Daiane and Cecelia are absent basically means that Anna doesn't like them.

They both hit the runways, and hard, so there really are no other explinations.

As to the list- Ekat's face screams Vouge Italia to me, and as annoying and plain as I find her, I could sadly and easily see Chanel Iman making the US Vouge and Harper's Bazzar editorial circut, thanks to the absence of Liya and the need for the token black girl. Suvi is perfect for Paris Vouge (and perhaps an editorial in W), as is Alana, and I think i-D will put Agyness on it's pages in some cool Kate Moss inspired punk editorial, possibly with Irina. Iekeliene was made for a Marc Jacobs campaign, but apart from that, I can't see her being a big favorite among the American magazines/campaigns- her look is not nearly strong enough. Bruna, however, is gonna be big. She's just perfect for modeling, and her look is strong yet soft and refined, and not polarizing. Magdalena will have a few strong high fashion seasons, but I expect to see her go the VS route after a bit.

khaotic kharma there are tons of black models out there trying to get a break-- trhe reason why i tink chanel is rising is cuz she looks pretty asian--in terms of her bone structure/ eye shape, and asiatic features are "hot" so to speak vs other "ethnic" looks. there were times when middle-easterners were in, hispanics were in in, west africans were in--- now is the time for asian girls. (that and she is a decent poser/ walker with a good body for modeling).
my complaint about many of the girls is how plain they are. bruna and suvi are lovely---but dreadfully plain. matchstick girls are in. (but seriously---i have never seen a black girl that looked like chanel who wasn't part asian--- she looks just like my mum(for better or worst) who is part chinese.

i would say the biggest issue---is that non-western beauties come in waves/trends--that is dumn

Well ok, I'll admit.. she is quite beautiful :P... but she doesn't pop out to me atm. There were girls that did pop out to me and I would have preferred them on that list anytime. That's basically my point :wink:

i am not really feeling suvi--- she needs a lil more color somewere--- eyes/hair/skin--- then i would be feeling it more

don't they love 'biracial' contestants? not to mention she has that whole amerian teen influenced by urban street culture vibe---i am thining back to contestnts liek noemi, brandy-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->