Your Predictions: Style.com's Top 10 model list for Spring 2007

John Black said:
My darling Michaela is there!!!! I didnt believe she will be there but she deserved it for sure (or am I just biased:D ?)

I am surprised Coco dindnt make it I think she was replaced by Suvi. Besides that Supereme has 2 girls and elite none. I know she opened prada which is a big deal but anyway Coco was everywhere ...
Coco was there last season. They usually don't repeat girls.

7/10, not bad.

oxymoron said:
Coco was there last season. They usually don't repeat girls.

7/10, not bad.

Really? I didnt know that. My bad. Thanx for the info.

I'm surprised that Daiane didn' t make it on the list :o. Glad to see Alana, Chanel and Ekaterina though!.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a 6 out of 10... surprised to not see Cecilia Mendez... I would have traded her for Suvi. She might have gotten the Prada exclusives, but really... she's not all that IMO :ninja:

I got 5/10. I'm really surprised Daiane is not on the list. She even opened Alexander Mcqueen. I would have traded her for Lara Stone and I never even noticed Michaela Kocianova.

I got 8/10 with my longshot Lara Stone actually making it, thank god! I was off with Han and Daiane, which when I look back I figured could be due to their strong presence last season and the fact that they both gained notoriety between the two seasons.

8/10 isn't that bad right? Anyone get them all right?

^Nope! Only 7/10 still even after I added Ekaterina to my list :D You're the closest one so far, I think!

Frankly, I'm surprised - I hardly even noticed Ekat and Michaela; I for one wouldn't expect them to be on the list.

Do you guys think that at style.com they only consider show season itself or they might know much more like who is going to get a good campaign??? :innocent:

My bad! Photos from Style.com!

Also...

Love: Agyness, Bruna, Chanel, and Ekaterina.
Dislike: Iekeliene, Suvi, and Lara.
So-so: Michaela, Magdalena, Alana.

My Thoughts On The Top Ten

Agyness Deyen: :alien: B) This girl has such striking features and a great walk... she's so hard core, I just love her!

Alana Zimmer: :flower: A lot different than what we usually see; she's pretty in a very plain, down to earth way. She sort of reminds me of Alannis Morisette for some reason.

Bruna Tenorio: :important :wub: I have always liked this girl, since the moment I saw her. She is beautiful in a unique way, but still has a very classically pretty nature. I expect to see this one go far, and even pull a Gisele, going both high fashion and mainstream in the blink of an eye.

Chanel Iman: :sick: She is just a plain looking girl, there is nothing model about her at all. That said, it is nice to have another Yank on the runway.

Ekat Kiseleva: :important :wub: This is a stunner to Snejana standards, a real nordic beauty

Iekeliene Stange: :alien: :yuk: I can see the appeal, I just don't feel it myself. She is very spooky looking to me, but I guess this is what the designers are looking for now.

Lara Stone: :ermm: Unexpected choice, but I really don't have anything to say about her looks other than that I think she looks a whole lot like Bette Franke

Magdalena: :heart:Those Poles do it again! She reminds me of Malgosia Bela (quite a bit, actually). I think that in todays fashion industry, she'll go far, though if she came on the scene in the '80's, she'd have had no chance.

Michaela Kocianova: :sick: Another of the angry and depressed looking girls... will they never go away?!

Suvi Koponen: :important: Does it even matter what I think... the girl is a Prada exclusive!

I was also very surprised to see they left Daiane out. :mellow:
Most picks are quite predictable...bruna, ekaterina, alana, suvi, iekeliene..but i love them all. :heart:

the other girls, however...I'm so torn about them...chanel, michaela, magdalena..i cant even memorise them...i probably will within the next months. agyness looks, models and dresses like such a poseur..^_^ ..so i have sympathy for her..seeing her on top..knowing her look wont last too long.

...i feel mean now.:glare:
reason why i wont even elaborate on lara. -_-

KhaoticKharma, I agree with pretty much everything you said, esp. about Chanel. She's sooo plain. My favorite overall is Magdalena, Polish models are so fabulous. And Agyness is pretty badass too, one of the few models with a good, solid walk.

Hmm...I wonder if Chanel got extra attention for being half-Korean? I find her look both plain and exotic -- hopefully she'll grow into the latter look even more! :smile:

I think the list is fairly sufficient, I expected a lot of those girls to show up (Chanel, Agnyess, Iekiellene, Ekat, Bruna, Alana, Suvi).. but Michaela Kocianova? I didn't even notice her on the runway, I would have replaced her with Denisa Dvorakova.

I'm also surprised (as much as I dislike her look) that Daiane was left out.

MulletProof said:
agyness looks, models and dresses like such a poseur..^_^ ..so i have sympathy for her..seeing her on top..knowing her look wont last too long.

HA! That is exactly the reason I couldn't bring myself to put Agyness on my list. Everything about her seemed so contrived and forced. For me, if she didn't have the peroxide blonde, bobbed haircut, I doubt people would have noticed her. Anyhow I shouldn't be so mean, I hate talking poorly about models.

Still trying to figure out why Daiane wasn't on the list. I know I posted some half-***ed hypothesis above (being that its not really her first season), but does anyone else have any ideas as to why she was excluded?

I really really wonder why Suvi is there... I mean.. so she did Prada and Miu Miu exclusively. So did a bunch of other girls before and alongside of her as well... I don't see them on the list (Daiane). I don't think Suvi is special enough to be put on such a list after only two shows. Perhaps she'll grow on me, but right now I'm not happy to see her face on this list.. as you might have noticed :P

^Suvi probably is there because she did Prada, and Prada makes a model.

^I think Mr-Dale means that a couple of other models had Prada/Miu Miu exclusives as well this season (And previous seasons) but never made it to the list ^_^

But since Suvi opened Prada, she must be the one Miuccia's trying to promote...so I guess Style.com took a second glance at that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->