YSL Besace Flap

PrincessImp.

Of too many minds
Reaction score
Ok, I can't get this bag in grey anthracite out of my head ever since I saw a picture of Lily Allen toting it. :heart:
It's so chic and and androgynous, and I can see it working with a lot of things.
Supposedly it's based on a 1969 YSL original design, but I don't have further information on that.
It comes in a messenger flap version ($1895) and the shoulder version, which costs $1995 for the embossed croc version and $1895 for the black version

The Besace Flap - I love it in sky anthracite, it's on my wish-list for this year :heart:

Black leather version:

*handbag.com*

Sky Anthracite in nubuck:

*handbag.com*

And this picture is really cute:

*fashion.elle.com*

This is the picture that started the love for me :heart:

*purseforum.com*

Exactly! The more I look at it, the deeper I can feel myself falling for it.
My daily obession nowadays is to surf the internet looking for photos of it.

I am tempted to just call my YSL SA and .... :innocent::brows:

i love that pic of gisele and julianne moore...

i saw the grey faux croc bag at ysl in sf when i went to preorder my musetwo and it's gorgeous in person...
i love the slouchiness and easiness of it...

I'm crazy, crazy about this bag. but to be honest the fact that it's been so paraded by celebs sort of turns me off.

does it have a black/dark brown satin lining like other ysl's? that's the only thing I'm not a big fan of with my two ysl bags, dark colored linings create too much of a black hole for me.

just noticed the pic with the camel-colored one and the light lining... anyone know if the grey ones are like that too? if so, I might have to get this...

Last edited by a moderator:
It cuts both ways when it comes to designer houses giving celebs free bags to parade around in.
Believe it or not, I have actually elected to go on a self-imposed bag ban and am supposed to get one bag this year :wink:
As you can see, I am failing miserably..thanks to the fact that all these celebs are out toting this bag and I cannot go so far as to deprive myself of the internet....
I have already ordered a musetwo, so I'll have to try to admire this bag from afar... :(

I prefer this bag to the MuseII/Forever by miles. It's GORG. ah if only I had the money. bah bah bah why do they insist on raising their prices so much? This isn't bigger than the XL muse and yet it's more expensive. Anyway I :heart: it

I really love the messanger flap version. I think I will get it if I can find it in Hong Kong.

Thus far, I have only seen the messenger flap version in tan.
Does anyone know if it comes in other colours?

I :heart: my besace. :flower:

The gold one in the ad looks yummy too but it isn't in store yet.

Attachments

• BESACE.jpg
    BESACE.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 65
  • besace1.jpg
    besace1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 40
yours is gorgeous! I still feel though that it's a bit overpriced.

I'm crazy, crazy about this bag. but to be honest the fact that it's been so paraded by celebs sort of turns me off.

does it have a black/dark brown satin lining like other ysl's? that's the only thing I'm not a big fan of with my two ysl bags, dark colored linings create too much of a black hole for me.

just noticed the pic with the camel-colored one and the light lining... anyone know if the grey ones are like that too? if so, I might have to get this...

The gray one has BLACK lining. Still want it? :P

The gold one is beautiful! I love the grey one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->