Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2011 : Arizona Muse by Inez & Vinoodh

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
yslu.jpg

MOROCCAN PASSION: Yves Saint Laurent is going back to its founder’s Moroccan sanctuary. For the luxury brand’s spring 2011 campaign, Stefano Pilati had model Arizona Muse pose in the gardens of Bled Roknine, a Thirties-style villa in Marrakech, for photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Muse, who replaces Daria Werbowy as the face of the brand, poses in the dress she wore to close the YSL ready-to-wear show during Paris Fashion Week in October.

The campaign will run concurrently with an exhibition of Saint Laurent’s Moroccan-inspired designs at the Jardin Majorelle, due to end mid-March. The late designer bought the garden and adjoining villa, also located in Marrakech, with his partner, Pierre Bergé, in 1980. Bergé last month published “Yves Saint Laurent, une passion marocaine,” an illustrated book detailing his life with Saint Laurent in Morocco.
wwd.com

This is really gorgeous, the setting especially. I love how the dress just drapes over her arms.
My one quip about this is that her face looks too orange.

Finally AMAZING CAMPAIGN!!
I love it. my favorite campaign. Arizona muse looks amazing. :heart:

When I read the thread, I was like "Aww, No More Daria". I was hesitant to open it. But my God, this is gorgeous in every which way! I love it. Talk about striking.

I love how the drapping of the slits in the dress is cohesive to the plants background. Lovely! And Arizona is amazing!

I've never payed attention to this girl but I have to say she looks terrific & striking here.
She seems like to have amazing season, YSL & Prada campaigns same season is HUGE.

absolutely gorgeous. she doesnt strike me on the runway
very much but I knew she would disappoint editorially
this campaign is perfect. she looks so mature

Absolutely love this, i've recently had a liking towards her so i'm hoping she won't disappoint when more images from this campaign surface. :heart:

love it. like that it's not a studio shot also, and andi looks sooo natural in these clothes. can't wait for the rest.

what a beautiful shot. i can't see any possible point of dislike here unless it's model preference. and well done Arizona.

it looks truly beautiful.. I never really thought that Arizona would look so amazing as she does. I'm really impressed^_^

Arizona might've been my least favorite of the runway newcomers yet she's absolutely radiant here and this shot makes me completely fall in love with her. I love this seductive quality about this.

Love the colors! And Arizona doesn't disappoint me at all! She looks great!:woot::heart:

My only complaint is that you can see her stiffness / tension, but I like the overall composition, and everything seems to complement each other: the hair, the dress, skin-tone, the setting, the vibe, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly wasn't expecting this! When I first heard that Arizona was going to do the campaign, I didn't even know who she was. And when I looked at her thread, she didn't really impress me. But she certainly did that now. What an amazing picture and I'm looking forward to see the rest of the campaign.

This is really good, I haven't likes a YSL ad in ages, this one is so fresh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petitealiix91
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->