Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2012 : Mariacarla Boscono by David Sims

After mixed feelings at the beginning, I really appreciate it when the whole set is out. The make-up brings some sort of drama and well, MCB can't not own it in the end.

The rococo style wig and mole add some spices to this collection, and gotta to say, it's fresh to depict a fierce and independent woman in the 21 century. Still thrilled to see the accessory shots, at least the waist line attracts my attention successfully and I'm tremendously intrigued by the stilettos.

I love this campaign,MCB is unique!!!

MCB is surely unique, but she only sell me the eyewear. Those i love.
I don't like the other images, imo she doesn't look that good. I've seen her more impressive in other campaigns.

Those images are quite neat and classy but I don't think the Piaf style works here.

Love this campaign! Huge departure for YSL, but well executed. MCB as always looks amazing. I love the contrast between the beautiful clothes and hair/makeup.

Turned out better than expected, I'm surprised at how much I admire this. David Sims' photography doesn't often fascinate me, especially when taken over from Inez & Vinoodh. Mariacarla is perfect for this, and I frequently feel she's overrated, but I appreciate her here.

I'm not too sure if I like this or not. I think it's one of those campaigns that will grow on me over time. However, the one thing I can't get over is how old MCB looks! It doesn't even look like her.

MCB is a real chameleon we all know that, and the picture are intriguing in the best way possible. But I'm not really impressed by the campaign overall.

I wonder if Mariacarla's look was inspired by Loulou de la Falaise, who died in early November. The thin eyebrows and hair style recall a young Loulou.

Menswear - Baptiste Radufe by David Sims

YOU’VE GOT MALE: Yves Saint Laurent is putting some advertising muscle behind its men’s collection. Creative director Stefano Pilati has tapped David Sims — who also shot YSL’s women’s images for spring — to shoot the men’s campaign, which pictures model Baptiste Radufe in a simple studio setting. Spring marks the first time YSL has released a men’s campaign since the fall 2007 season, when Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin shot designer Marc Newson for the ads. According to the house, the move reflects the continuing global growth of its men’s wear business. The campaign will break in March issues.
wwd

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->