Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2011 : Arizona Muse by Inez & Vinoodh

(dirty and sexy side of YSL everyone loves ...
in a chic way.

who art directed this ? styled this ? etc.
i would love to get all credits !

styled by joe mckenna and art direction by pilati and probably petronio too

Simply gorgeous.

I'm so happy that they don't use supermodels again.

I like the campaign, but I think I am in the minority wishing it was a supermodel or at least an established girl rather than a new face.

I was very close to opposing to all the acclaim the campaign is receiving because of the first image that looked as if Inez and Vinoodh just plopped her in the garden without any aforethought, but I really do think the second and third images are sensational. Something about the garden, along with the very yellow, warm tones does make it feel a little Salvatore Ferragamo for me. But it does refrain from that image of lifestyle and instead projects complete luxuriousness and it works.

like the black outfit shot, but not sure about the 2 white outfit pictures. ysl - i&v seem to be struggling, last season, daria had one or 2 nice images, natalia, christy were awful. just not amazed. but not appalled either.

The new shots are abo-f***ing-lutely gorgeous. It`s chic, sophisticated, lively and gorgeous! YSL S/S 2011 is succumbing to one of the best so far.

so much more sophisticated than some ads back. seems almost vintage, and yes slightly catalogue-esque but i think thats why it seems fresh and hence gorgeous.

beautiful photo. it´s intersting change after Daria´s black and white campaign. love the atmosphere of this... Pilati´s collection for spring with this visual guideness makes a sense for me finally

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think she looks good here. She looks jank btw, and the pictures are just good. Not even amazing.

this campaign totally work it! arizona faces and pose are truly delivering the elegance and chic of the YSL outfits!

the first shot didn't impress me at all but the second ones look great, i love the lighting.

The first shot is very good. The dress looks great, as does Arizona and I like how they have styled her too. The next 2 pics while still visually pleasing are way too reminiscent of Claudia Shiffer's Ferragamo ads from a few seasons back......as someone else mentioned.
I realise lots of campaign pics nowadays hark back to some earlier season, but these are way too similar in lighting, setting etc.
On the whole though a good model choice and I'm sure the pics will look great in print.

The way I see it is that it's the dress (and the styling) which makes the campaign beautiful. Arizona is a good model, but I don't like the way she fits into the YSL campaign. I think it might have worked better with a different model.

I'm pretty happy with this. Exciting new model and look. I was not very into the Daria ones of last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeress
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->