62nd Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations 2010

Label Basher

Reaction score

(middle of the night for Europe, middle of the day for Down Under)

Emmys.com

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Modern Family
The Office
30 Rock
Nurse Jackie
Glee

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Larry David, as Himself, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Tony Shalhoub, as Adrian Monk, Monk
Steve Carell, as Michael Scott, The Office
Matthew Morrison, as Will Schuester, Glee
Jim Parsons, as Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory
Alec Baldwin, as Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Amy Poehler, as Leslie Knope, Parks And Recreation
Edie Falco, as Jackie Peyton, Nurse Jackie
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, as Christine Campbell, The New Adventures Of Old Christine
Lea Michele, as Rachel Berry, Glee
Toni Collette, as Tara Gregson, United States Of Tara
Tina Fey, as Liz Lemon, 30 Rock

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, as Mitchell, Modern Family
Jon Cryer, as Alan Harper, Two And A Half Men
Eric Stonestreet, as Cameron Tucker, Modern Family
Ty Burrell, as Phil Dunphy, Modern Family
Neil Patrick Harris, as Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother
Chris Colfer, as Kurt Hummel, Glee

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Jane Lynch, as Sue Sylvester, Glee
Kristen Wiig, as Various Characters, Saturday Night Live
Julie Bowen, as Claire Dunphy, Modern Family
Jane Krakowski, as Jenna Maroney, 30 Rock
Sofia Vergara, as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, Modern Family
Holland Taylor, as Evelyn Harper, Two And A Half Men

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

True Blood
Dexter
Mad Men
The Good Wife
Breaking Bad
Lost

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Jon Hamm, as Don Draper, Mad Men
Kyle Chandler, as Eric Taylor, Friday Night Lights
Hugh Laurie, as Dr. Gregory House, House
Michael C. Hall, as Dexter Morgan, Dexter
Bryan Cranston, as Walter White, Breaking Bad
Matthew Fox, as Jack Shephard, Lost

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
January Jones, as Betty Draper, Mad Men
Kyra Sedgwick, as Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, The Closer
Mariska Hargitay, as Det. Olivia Benson, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Glenn Close, as Patty Hewes, Damages
Julianna Margulies, as Alicia Florrick, The Good Wife
Connie Britton, as Tami Taylor, Friday Night Lights

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Andre Braugher for "Men of a Certain Age"
Michael Emerson for "Lost"
Terry O'Quinn for "Lost"
Aaron Paul for "Breaking Bad"
Martin Short for "Damages"
John Slattery for "Mad Men"

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Christine Baranski for "The Good Wife"
Rose Byrne for "Damages"
Sharon Gless for "Burn Notice"
Christina Hendricks for "Mad Men"
Elisabeth Moss for "Mad Men"
Archie Panjabi for "The Good Wife"

OUTSTANDING MADE FOR TELEVISION MOVIE
Georgia O'Keeffe
Moonshot
The Special Relationship
Temple Grandin
You Don't Know Jack

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE
Jeff Bridges for A Dog Year
Ian McKellen for "The Prisoner"
Al Pacino for You Don't Know Jack
Dennis Quaid for The Special Relationship
Michael Sheen for The Special Relationship

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE
Joan Allen for Georgia O'Keeffe
Claire Danes for Temple Grandin
Hope Davis for The Special Relationship
Judi Dench for "Return to Cranford"
Maggie Smith for Capturing Mary

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE
Michael Gambon for "Emma"
John Goodman for You Don't Know Jack
Jonathan Pryce for "Return to Cranford"
Patrick Stewart for Hamlet
David Strathairn for Temple Grandin

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE
Kathy Bates for "Alice"
Catherine O'Hara for Temple Grandin
Julia Ormond for Temple Grandin
Susan Sarandon for You Don't Know Jack
Brenda Vaccaro for You Don't Know Jack

OUTSTANDING MINISERIES
"The Pacific"
"Return to Cranford"

OUTSTANDING VARIETY, MUSIC OR COMEDY SERIES

"The Colbert Report"
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
"Real Time with Bill Maher"
"Saturday Night Live"
"The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien"

I'm pissed they included Glee but not Community. It's a crime! :furious:

^ Well Glee is popular and the critics love it. Community or Big Bang Theory should of replaced Curb Your Enthusiasm. I thought Crub Your Enthusiasm finished years ago. Same with Monk. You never hear about these shows. If Larry David and Tony Shalhoub weren't nomination then others like Joel McHale and Johnny Galecki from Big Bang Theory would have a shot.

I'm just glad Matthew Fox got nominated and FNL is finally getting some recognition.
I wonder which episodes Glee submitted because TBH second part of the season was not as strong as the first part of the season.

Thanks for posting this. :flower:

^ Well Glee is popular and the critics love it. Community or Big Bang Theory should of replaced Curb Your Enthusiasm. I thought Crub Your Enthusiasm finished years ago. Same with Monk. You never hear about these shows. If Larry David and Tony Shalhoub weren't nomination then others like Joel McHale and Johnny Galecki from Big Bang Theory would have a shot.
Yes, totally! I felt like I've been watching those shows since forever! Glad Monk is already on their final season. Critics loves Glee? What in the world...:shock:. Ah I guess there's always next year then... Joel should getting his deserving nom or... :angry:

And Lea Michele as one of the leading role nom :rolleyes:. We have Toni, Tina, Amy, Julia, Edie then BAM! :mellow:

I'm just glad Matthew Fox got nominated and FNL is finally getting some recognition.
I wonder which episodes Glee submitted because TBH second part of the season was not as strong as the first part of the season.

I really really want Matthew to win and Terry for supporting (who should be the lock). It's hard cause Matt's up against Hugh and Michael and those two are brillant.

"Apparently" Glee's pilot was submitted. I really happy for Chris aka Kurt cause he is so surprised on E! News.

I want everyone from Glee to win everything they're nominated for! Lol

I hope Jeremy Podeswa wins for 'Outstanding Direction For a Miniseries', for The Pacific.

He filmed at my house and was very cool.

And, of course, I hope The Pacific wins for the miniseries category!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really really want Matthew to win and Terry for supporting (who should be the lock). It's hard cause Matt's up against Hugh and Michael and those two are brillant.

"Apparently" Glee's pilot was submitted. I really happy for Chris aka Kurt cause he is so surprised on E! News.

Oh IA with you. Terry's win for supporting is IMO a done deal, he owned the last two season of Lost. I want Matthew to win too but I think it might go to Michael or Bryan. I'm assuming Hugh has been nominated loads of times but hasn't won by some of the comments on EW and E!.

"If" the Pilot was submitted I don't see how Chris got nominated from that episode personally, he wasn't really the breakout star in that episode. But I'm happy for Chris too.

would be nice to see kyra sedgwick finally get one of these. but i suspect it'll probably go to margulies again or glenn close.

I'm glad to see some noms for my fave series: Dexter, Damages, Nurse Jackie and True Blood.
And I'm really glad to see Claire Danes recognized for Temple Grandin: her performance was absolutely amazing and she deserves it 100%.
But why no love for Sons of Anarchy? Katey Segal was robbed of a nod for that IMO

would be nice to see kyra sedgwick finally get one of these. but i suspect it'll probably go to margulies again or glenn close.

I don't watch it that much anymore but Krya is still fantastic in that role. I hope she gets it too.

I also hope "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" wins. A big FU to NBC lol.

Poor Courteney Cox. :( She constantly got overlooked for Friends and now she can't even get a nomination for Cougar Town. Real shame. I hate how some actors constantly get nominated don't matter what they do (I'm looking at you Julia LD) and others constantly fly under the radar no matter how good their work is. I guess that's the politics of awards though. Hopefully Cougar Town keeps the momentum going in the second season and Courteney can finally get a nomination next year.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE EMMYS FINALLY WISED UP AND NOMINATED FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ACTORS. The best show on TV (along with Mad Men) and while one rakes in nominations and wins the other has been completely shut out. I was so happy hearing Kyle Chandler's name because I just was not expecting it. And then of course Connie Britton. Well done, they deserve it. AND THE SON FOR WRITING!!! Of course the show should've gotten like 20 nominations including Best Drama, but can't be greedy.

I'm also really glad January Jones finally made it. She was amazing the last couple of seasons and I was really disappointed she didn't make it last year, but glad for her this time around. She's brilliant on the show (along with everyone else really) and I was afraid she would never make it because of the "too pretty" curse.

For the rest.. I don't watch that much TV so I can't really comment.
The Office makes me cringe these days so maybe it's time for it to stop getting nominated. 30 Rock, although better than last season is still kinda struggling, but there's no way they'd keep that one out. I watched Modern Family pilot when it first aired and I hated it. Haven't bothered with it since and don't see why everyone is hyping it up for. Glee... Well if Glee was an hour of music and Sue Sylvester, Glee would be the best comedy on TV. But it's not. And thus it doesn't deserve to get nominated because everything else about that show is cringe-worthy.

I'm thrilled to see all the Mad Men ladies nommed this year...especially January Jones and I totally agree MyNameIs she should have nommed last year....she was actually better.
Great news for Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad too. Rose Byrne should win this year also for Damages, but she is essentially the lead actress:huh: Nice recognition for Archie Panjabi for The Good Wife, who is easily the most interesting and fascinating characters on the show, as we know nothing about her.
Jane Lynch has to win her category for Glee.......Sue Sylvester is a comic masterpiece.
Nice to see recognition too for Matthew Fox and Michael C. Hall.
I can't believe Jenifer Carpenter hasn't been nommed for Dexter too.
I also thought Eva Longorio Parker was hilarious in Desperate Housewives this season.....but clearly that show has had it's day as far as Emmy's are concerned.

The only person who should win from Glee is Jane Lynch. I have never understood why critics love that show (or it's "lead actress) so much, it's just cheesy teen show like Gossip Girl. They must be musical fans and I agree with MyNameIs about it :innocent:
I'm also really confused about Community but so happy for Modern Family though :clap:

Poor Courteney Cox. :( She constantly got overlooked for Friends and now she can't even get a nomination for Cougar Town. Real shame. I hate how some actors constantly get nominated don't matter what they do (I'm looking at you Julia LD) and others constantly fly under the radar no matter how good their work is. I guess that's the politics of awards though. Hopefully Cougar Town keeps the momentum going in the second season and Courteney can finally get a nomination next year.

a lot like kyra sedgwick too. she's been nominated every year since 2006 and has one of the strongest dramatic roles on one of the most critically acclaimed series on television and still she doesn't own a trophy yet. and last season,i actually feel like kyra had perhaps her strongest season compared to hargitay(strangely lacking last season,imo),close and margulies.

a lot like kyra sedgwick too. she's been nominated every year since 2006 and has one of the strongest dramatic roles on one of the most critically acclaimed series on television and still she doesn't own a trophy yet. and last season,i actually feel like kyra had perhaps her strongest season compared to hargitay(strangely lacking last season,imo),close and margulies.

At least Kyra gets nominated. Courteney has never been nominated. Not for Friends, not this year for Cougar Town.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE EMMYS FINALLY WISED UP AND NOMINATED FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ACTORS. The best show on TV (along with Mad Men) and while one rakes in nominations and wins the other has been completely shut out. I was so happy hearing Kyle Chandler's name because I just was not expecting it. And then of course Connie Britton. Well done, they deserve it. AND THE SON FOR WRITING!!! Of course the show should've gotten like 20 nominations including Best Drama, but can't be greedy.

Couldn't agree more!! At last that show got some well deserved attention!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->