Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Well, what can I say about this not too nasty and also about Kering as a whole now… You may hire someone who worked for Margiela, but they won’t have the talent of Margiela. And if you hire those who were under Phoebe Philo or Jonathan Anderson, well, they aren’t Phoebe or Jonathan themselves… Let’s say that.

Well, what can I say about this not too nasty and also about Kering as a whole now… You may hire someone who worked for Margiela, but they won’t have the talent of Margiela. And if you hire those who were under Phoebe Philo or Jonathan Anderson, well, they aren’t Phoebe or Jonathan themselves… Let’s say that.
Ahah true, but, where do you find future creative directors? In the studios, for sure! Although considering the ruthlessness of the industry there’s less and less talents that aspire to the CD position and would rather stay in the background.
Also once you estabilish yourself leading a studio you’re too old for the crowd to get a CD position. Over 45 you’re not viable for a CD position anymore according to head hunters.

They won't fire him now, so he needs to get his shxt together and drop this gvasalia crap

Sarah is Alex’s YSL basically. She solidified the label in the eye of the public. McQueen is as weighty of a name as Balmain or Valentino in normies eyes. They think its like the peak of fashion.

Kering has tossed that all out the window. Sarah shouldve stayed at McQueen for like another decade. So she had time to develop a successor. They couldve brought Sean over as the CD in training or something.

Sarah is Alex’s YSL basically. She solidified the label in the eye of the public. McQueen is as weighty of a name as Balmain or Valentino in normies eyes. They think its like the peak of fashion.
McQueen as weighty as.......Balmain? There is so much wrong in that sentence, it's amazing.

miss her already. miss her gorgeous menswear, her beautiful tailoring. the delicious jackets and i'll treasure the pieces i have forever

So just a rewatch of the Menswear shows, then.

I hadn't actually finished the runway video, lol. Truly, the music mixing is horrible, and the segue from Enya into whatever comes next is hideously dissonant and drawn out into an interminable ugliness. The remaining songs are even worse than Masculinity IMHO.

I guess I'm avoiding talking about the clothes, which will surprise nobody, but it is worth saying on the record that the tragic awful footwear could go toe to deformed toe with any of the Gvasalia brothers' various monstrosities.

McQueen as weighty as.......Balmain? There is so much wrong in that sentence, it's amazing.

I mean youre not wrong. However to the people who are spending the bucks…. They think Balmain is some of the best money can buy. It is exquisite construction which they feel is worth the spend. It also fits well. SB McQ has earned that same reputation. I have come to like Balmain after seeing how much women like it to be frank.

Last edited:
At this point, you just gotta make peace with the clumsy way some people make their way into a new community and attempt to quickly stand out in both the real world and online ‘you guys disgust me! you’re full of hate, unfair criticism and are just entitled pigs who can’t afford anything and are just bitterly typing from your miserable little corner, I’d like to see all of you designing a fraction of this!!’ followed by spending the next 2 or 12 years on here, on a daily basis, with posts that somehow reveal more viciousness than that of the regular poster.

guilty as charged. And what about it?!

tumblr_myz2zzCLen1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Cathy isnt that wrong. These clothes arent that godawful. He needs a couple more seasons to really know how bad of a misstep this was. There are more than enough sellable pieces to keep the line afloat.

I hope she negotiated a nice vacation in courchevel from kering for that generous finessing of words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->