Alexander Wang Resort 2010

fierceboi

Reaction score
Rather than bulldoze forward with his edgy, aggressive stance of late, Alexander Wang channeled a new vibe for resort: classic American sportswear. But preppy, done the Wang way, is still wonderfully street chic and a little subversive. He took the twisted patterns from cable knits, for instance, and applied them as metal embellishments on a tank dress or in a burnout print on a slouchy T-shirt. “It’s the spirit of how we approach classics,” he explained

Source WWD.com

Attachments

• alexander_wang01.jpg
    alexander_wang01.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
  • alexander_wang03.jpg
    alexander_wang03.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 29
  • alexander_wang04.jpg
    alexander_wang04.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 28
  • alexander_wang05.jpg
    alexander_wang05.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 17
  • alexander_wang06.jpg
    alexander_wang06.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
  • alexander_wang07.jpg
    alexander_wang07.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
The entire collection is up on style.com!!

Alexander Wang's latest Resort collection isn't completely devoid of black party dresses, but they certainly play a more minor role than they have in seasons past. The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winner chalked up his newfound interest in all-American sportswear—think chinos, chambray, denim, and T-shirts—to his experience collaborating with the Gap. (That mini-collection hits the retail chain's stores on June 16, ladies.) Naturally, Wang put his own downtown-cool spin on his Resort classics, pairing an almost-preppy nautical stripe sweater with a wrap skirt in midnight blue sequins or tweaking a traditional fisherman's vest into a satin and mesh romper. As for those black dresses, the designer had quality if not quantity: The best of the bunch was a draped and wrapped number that exposes a lot of leg and nails the elusive dressed-up yet effortless vibe that Wang has so successfully made his signature.

1zv4z9c.jpg
15exphf.jpg

24y4l0m.jpg
65wf2q.jpg

style.com/

love many of the pieces, but hate a couple...

Im feeling the jumpsuit and the black and white dress (and the shoes!) but look #2 is just :shock:

I really enjoy this. It's a pretty strong and dynamic collection for a Resort collection, and there are lots of interesting facets about this ie. the croched-like jumpers and the evening wear.

there are so many looks :o i've never seen so many in a resort

Some looks are so Ghesquiere for Balenciaga (FW09, FW08). Meh. I prefer Nicholas' take on in, thank you very much.

^yea, i thought of balenciaga as well
i do like some of the draped dresses. the collection is a step up from previous collections, at least it is more interesting for what the fame of the name is worth

This is nice. I love the suede bag with studs underneath, it's gorgeous!

And look #15 is my favorite :crush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->