Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2013

dior01.jpg

wwd

While I do kinda like this collection, I'll admit everything he's done is very one note so far. That last gown or whatever the hel that was is just gross.. People always criticised John Galliano's way of producing a Ready to Wear collection that was similar to his Couture collections. But really, Raf is producing the same things. This new identity he's got for the house of Dior is just not something that's very Dior. Nothing is truly shocking. I must admit though, I'm glad he didn't do another bar pantsuit. If he did another one I was just going to go to Paris and slap him. Honestly, if this were my alarm clock, I would hit the "snooze" button. And I have to agree, the people in the background are more interesting than the collection.

I really love this, I think this really captures the current moment with minimalism, getting much more bang for your buck and really focusing on true wearability but I think he's really defining aspects of the Christian Dior archive, I feel like he could really compare to Ghesquiere with how he revolutionized Balenciaga with his take on the archive there, I don't know why I'm saying that but I really have faith in Raf at Dior, more so than Galliano who really did get repetitive when he dumbed down his vision in favor of pleasing his bosses, whereas this is Raf through and through and I absolutely love it, because I don't feel Raf has dumbed himself down at all, in fact his genius is shining through.

I think Raf will really divide opinions during his reign at Dior.

the cutting is absolutely sublime. and i actually quite like the continuity between the collections myself. there's a marriage of identity there that i find appealing.....nothing is separated......it's connected to one another.

I think he is followinging the footstep of Alber in his approach to Lanvin and I really like that. Establishing the DNA slowly but surely.

yeah, background of pic's more interesting than collection... lol.

Love it, I agree that we've seen some pieces/concepts before in his previous collections, but this looks refined, more creative and so chic and wearable, but it makes me worried about the Couture collection, I hope it's something new!

It looks more resolved than the debut RTW, which makes sense. Still feels a bit boring. And it's not so much that the petite mains in the background are more interesting but they make me think "damn, all that work and this is all they have to show for it?!"

Definitely one of the less noteworthy collections of the season. Raf needs to step up his game, perhaps he's saving it for March.

and those bags are really just lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
They draped the whole collection? For pre-fall? Are you freakin kidding me?
He's pushing the couture element.. even into pre-fall, but that's about all he's pushing, getting bored of the big satin couture skirt matched with a skin-tight top.. which he's done since Jil Sander.
I do quite like the grey jacket with the self-covered buttons.. but I liked it in the last two collections too.

I think he actually did a nice job, I get what you guys are saying about the repetitive items, but I think he is just trying to establish his own signature look for the brand.

I think it's definitely an improvement from before, but I would like a little more from a brand like Dior.

I love it...but Raf should work on the shoes. It looks boring and it doesn't feel comfortable

This is actually very pretty. Very clean and lovely.

I am, however, getting sick of seeing those huge silk skirts. I've seen that same silhouette in all of his collections in one form or another.

It's pretty but I find it a bit boring, and I can help but feel that some of the garments look a bit not-so-well-done. However, I like it way more than his couture collection.

They draped the whole collection? For pre-fall? Are you freakin kidding me?
He's pushing the couture element.. even into pre-fall, but that's about all he's pushing, getting bored of the big satin couture skirt matched with a skin-tight top.. which he's done since Jil Sander.

That was the thing that caught my eye. He's waxing and waning about masculinity in the looks, and yet I see in the background a very feminine piece. I actually don't think the background has any connection to the collection at all. And I agree, the Dior woman looks like the Jil Sander woman. I'm not sure why he's getting such a free pass from the community. These clothes, while nice, do not show Dior...they're Jil Sander.

Hm.. I think it's nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose he's doing a great job of combining his aesthetic with Dior's archives but it's still too obvious. He really needs to attempt something new.

attachment.php

00020fullscreen.jpg
+
00580m.jpg

Style.com, wwd via fierceboi

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back