Raf Simons Leaving Christian Dior; Maria Chiuri Rumored In

One designer can do the job. They don't need two designers. It would just add more confusion...Dior Homme and Dior are already separated. Imagine another split with Dior Couture and RTW: disaster. It didn't worked with Claude Montana at Lanvin and it will not work at Dior even if their Couture is profitable.

The main problem with Dior is the battle of egos. Nowadays, designers expect a total creative control from the beginning of their contracts.
Galliano only became in charge of everything Dior in 1999, when he renewed his contract.
The challenge for their next designer will be to put his ego aside for his first few seasons while creating good collections that will perform well in terms of press and sales.

Lacroix was good for Schiap'. He failed with his own house and Pucci so, it almost impossible to imagine that LVMH will work with him again.

No, I mean one famous, one unknown ... and yes I *am* serious ... the way they are doing it with one Creative Director for all is clearly NOT working.. too much pressure, too much work ...

I know, he was there among the greats ... I just miss his visions or escapism and color, above all ...

In an ideal and generous (fashion) world, I can envision Lacroix taking the reign of Dior's HC, while Theyskens helms the RTW for a new, but steeped in history era for the label. That balance of old-world craftsmanship, joy, beauty and fluidity, with the dark graphic sharpness of modernity would be glorious.

But the reality of money and ego, and the demand for hyped personalities kills that dream right away.

I'm unsure whether or not I'll miss Raf at Dior; I think I shall. That said, Dior's brand identity is a mess, has been for some time.

In an ideal and generous (fashion) world, I can envision Lacroix taking the reign of Dior's HC, while Theyskens helms the RTW for a new, but steeped in history era for the label. That balance of old-world craftsmanship, joy, beauty and fluidity, with the dark graphic sharpness of modernity would be glorious.

But the reality of money and ego, and the demand for hyped personalities kills that dream right away.

Theyskens is a GREAT bet! :woot:

And I am afraid you are correct ... #onecandreamtho

Will Dior erase all the RafSimons name from their archives like they did with Galliano?

Just saw all his Dior shows and now I'm sure he couldn't do what he wanted to do... It' impossible. It wasn't him designing but his bosses. He was just obeying. His legacy at Dior is beyond mediocre and irrelevant.

I think he was smart leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 35-40 days is a HC week, it seems that Dior will Show again Team work????

^ Definitely the team again... :ninja:
What about the Cruise collection. Was it just a rumour that Jonathan Saunders is designing a capsule collection or is it really happening. If so, when?

Just saw all his Dior shows and now I'm sure he couldn't do what he wanted to do... It' impossible. It wasn't him designing but his bosses. He was just obeying. His legacy at Dior is beyond mediocre and irrelevant.

I think he was smart leaving.

I guess you're right, but there were still many items I would love to wear/own in my personal/professional life :lol:
What was your favourite/least favourite collection?

Definitely the team again... :ninja:
What about the Cruise collection. Was it just a rumour that Jonathan Saunders is designing a capsule collection or is it really happening. If so, when?

No, no, finally no Jonathan Saunders. And yesterday I read in the NYT that they are doing it in mid June more or less, in Blenheim Palace (Oxfordshire). It's weird they are finally doing it. I don't think people are interested in a resort collection by the team and it's quite expensive to show outside Paris... Also, I thought they wanted a low profile till they find a new designer.

I guess you're right, but there were still many items I would love to wear/own in my personal/professional life :lol: What was your favourite/least favourite collection?
Yeah, that's undeniable. There were cute pieces. I personally think his fur was great (although I'm sorry for the little animals...).
My favourite Spring 2013 (I don't know, it has something) and my second fav HC Fall 2014, which was very pretty. His first one was nice too.

The worst for me was HC Fall 2015 and HC Fall 2013. Yours?

Have you seen how Dior dominated the RedCarpet during Cannes?
At this point, they just need to make people talk about the brand.

The designers who were in charge of the FW collection can take the chances and deliver something good. It's quite an opportunity to be in charge of 3 collections for Dior.

I'm sure those shows will be packed with celebrities and socialites. Even more than usual.

And my contribution to the Best and Worst from Raf.
Best : Resort 2015 + the finale of Spring 2014 (the silver dresses).
Worst: HAUTE COUTURE FALL 2013, The worst collection of the 2010's. It tops Jeremy Scott and Olivier Rousteing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excerpted from: Dior’s Lucie Meier and Serge Ruffieux Are Thinking Eccentric—And Big—For Their Blenheim Palace Resort Show

Lucie Meier: ...It was important that we make the clothes more effortless . . .

Serge Ruffieux: Free . . .

Lucie Meier: Liberated, not so uptight, free of any stiffness.
vogue.com

Oh, the shade!!!!! Shadier than a palm tree on a sunny day :lol:

Oh, the shade!!!!! Shadier than a palm tree on a sunny day :lol:

Haha they were not Raf fans apparently :wink:. Has it become a new Dior tradition to bash the creative director that came before you?

I think they should focus on producing a good collection and desirable pieces before starting to throw shades at Raf.

You can tell by all the big communications efforts pulled by Dior at the moment that they're trying to create some buzz around the house to distract from the absence of creative direction and lackluster clothes. It's like those birthday presents in a big box, with a stunning gift wrap and tons of silk paper inside to cover up for a lame present.

The dominance on the Cannes red carpet, yet there was absolutely no coherence between all the looks, so it just made the abscence of aesthetic direction even more apparent. The nomination of Bella Hadid as the new face of their makeup line is also another pathetic atempt at trying to be hip and create some buzz and it's so tranparent it's beyond ridiculous. Now the cruise presentation is turning into a big PR circus with Scott's restaurant turned into a "Lady Dior Pub" yesterday , a "Dior Blenheim Express" train to take the guests to the palace and I'm sure they'll have tons of random celebrities on the frow... But will collection be any good ?! I honestly doubt it. Even Karl never made that much fuss for the Chanel pre-collections. I command their PR effort though. Mathilde Favier Meyer is doing a fantastic job but I still see it all as just smoke and mirrors...

I think they should focus on producing a good collection and desirable pieces before starting to throw shades at Raf.

You can tell by all the big communications efforts pulled by Dior at the moment that they're trying to create some buzz around the house to distract from the absence of creative direction and lackluster clothes. It's like those birthday presents in a big box, with a stunning gift wrap and tons of silk paper inside to cover up for a lame present.

The dominance on the Cannes red carpet, yet there was absolutely no coherence between all the looks, so it just made the abscence of aesthetic direction even more apparent. The nomination of Bella Hadid as the new face of their makeup line is also another pathetic atempt at trying to be hip and create some buzz and it's so tranparent it's beyond ridiculous. Now the cruise presentation is turning into a big PR circus with Scott's restaurant turned into a "Lady Dior Pub" yesterday , a "Dior Blenheim Express" train to take the guests to the palace and I'm sure they'll have tons of random celebrities on the frow... But will collection be any good ?! I honestly doubt it. Even Karl never made that much fuss for the Chanel pre-collections. I command their PR effort though. Mathilde Favier Meyer is doing a fantastic job but I still see it all as just smoke and mirrors...

gone are the days where exquisite designed clothes speak for themselves..
Marketing and PR should really only be second fiddle as fashion are concerned, they amplify the collection and made it be known to a wider audience...
But the current dior, post Raf is really just desperate and nothing else.

ps. the two swiss designers" shades better be taken out of context, else it"s just so unprofessional, me liking Raf"s designs notwithstanding :(

Anyone else noticed how at the resort show only Alexa Chung wore something from the latest collection while everyone else wore old stuff by Raf? Usually I find that people wear stuff from the last show, kinda interesting how some went back several collections

Please design a few great collections and start talking after them, so done with designers talking too much and designing sh*t.

I've never heard of either of them so...maybe they should deliver a decent collection before talking sh*t?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->