Amy Winehouse (November 2006 - February 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1karina1

Distract Me...
Reaction score
British Jazz Singer who is a breath of fresh air. Unsentimental, feisty, sexy, explicit. All of the complexities of this very modern woman is clear in her lyrics and distinctive voice. Share your love for Amy and her best lines.:heart:

source:amazon.co.uk

I really like her. She makes me laugh so much with the things she comes out with. Her quotes are brilliant.

Wish she'd tone down the eyeliner a bit though...

From what I have heard, I really like it, she has a very special voice.

kan-i-ta said:
From what I have heard, I really like it, she has a very special voice.
Amy does have a very unique voice. Very much emulates one of her main music influences...the great Dinah Washington. Watch this clip of Amy singing her Teach Me Tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rakv-LKhdow She does these little touches which are classic Dinah and yet Amy manages to make the song her own.:heart:

I love her since I heard stronger than me on the radio.:woot:
went to her concert on Tuesdays and she was amazing.
Best voice out now at the moment.

^ I'm so jealous of you. I have yet to see her concert!
What did she sing? And how was she? Did she have a good vibe going with the audience?

She was happy to play 'at home' (camden).Her family was there,she always apologised at her mum when she had sworn.:D
Blow kisses to the audience, talk about her songs.
Starting with 'know you now' she played alot of the old stuff,In my bed,Cherry,take the box,stronger than me and nearly the whole new album.
I loved it when she played 'he can only hold her(or was it unholy war??,can't remember)' and then turned into Lauren Hills 'doo woop'.

Last edited by a moderator:
pics from the gig:

11380204sadlikklegirl1117200672936A.jpg

11380184sadlikklegirl1117200673010A.jpg
11380181sadlikklegirl1117200673021A.jpg

source: wireimage

I think she's great...although she always seems to be drunk when she's on TV!

But yeah, her voice and music is pretty amazing

Diamond Star said:
I think she's great...although she always seems to be drunk when she's on TV!

But yeah, her voice and music is pretty amazing

I have been seeing quite often lately on BBC, she did seem a bit drunk on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, but I think she was lovely still. And the live performances (on other shows) were amazing!:woot:

kan-i-ta said:
I have been seeing quite often lately on BBC, she did seem a bit drunk on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, but I think she was lovely still. And the live performances (on other shows) were amazing!:woot:

She was hilarious on Buzzcocks, did you see her on the Charlotte Church show? They sang 'Beat It' and Amy was so wasted she didn't seem to know any words :rolleyes:

They had to cut her out of the whole show,because she was so drunked,just left the performance.
It's so hilarious,but even in her drunkeness she has more charisma than charlotte church.

Last edited by a moderator:
ana_cita said:
They had to cut her out of the whole show,because she was so drunked,just left the performance.
It's so hilarious,but even in her drunkeness she has more charisma than charlotte church.
Lol! Charlotte Church looked more of a prat than drunk Amy! And she was hilarious on Buzzcocks. God I love that show!:heart: She said on the show that she was hooking up with Pete Doherty afterwards to work on some stuff! Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall when they do get together?!:innocent:

I must say, I've been playing her new album on my ipod non-stop for the past few weeks. Absolute faves have to be Just Friends:wub: , You Know I'm No Good:wink: , Rehab (of course) and Some Unholy War:heart:

I was no big fan of just friends,but when she played it live I was blowing away.It's so fantastic live.
What a song.
My favourites at the moment are he can only hold her and me and mr.jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"