Animal Friendly / Non-leather Shoes

Nowadays there are a LOT of synthetic shoes, just look for the materials in the description of the shoes (while browsing trough shoe sites) and you will be surprised on how many are not animal.

I don´t think that today you have to look that much for non leather shoes. :wink:

Sad that there's not a lot of choices of shoes for vegans.

I've heard Stella shoes suck ***

I wanted to suggest Zappo's vegetarian section, but Seanutbutter beat me to it! :wink:

There are more and more vegan shopping sites online. One of my favorites is http://alternativeoutfitters.com.

Venuss_12Blk_det.jpg

alternativeoutfitters.com

Also, if you search for 'vegan' on shopping.com, you will come up with lots and lots of cruelty free, vegan products.

I have posted this link before www.charmoneshoes.com , but here it is again. They have some decent styles although I am not that fond of the current collection. The fall 2006 was nice though.

Attachments

• cinnamon.jpg
    cinnamon.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • saffron.jpg
    saffron.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
i think you should be able to find some good rope sandals this time of the year...

if you live in europe you may find it more difficult to find "vegetarian" shoes as a lot of them are made from PVC and the government wants to phase out this substance due to it being bad for the environment.

i dont think stella's shoes are all that bad, and you may be able to find some amazing deals on ebay.

if you don't try to look for leather substitutes there are tons of cute shoes to choose from made of satin, silk, velvet, corduroy, cotton, wool..... there will most likely be something to choose from in every designer's collection.

vegan shoes

i think these days it is certainly getting more easy to find nice vegan shoes and bags... i've known alternative outfitters since a couple of years and they are great!
but i recently found this cute website with all vegan shoes and with european design:
check www.georgette.be! enjoy! :heart:

Also on the lower end, a lot of shoes from Payless are free of that annoying leather. I tried to shop in a DSW and it was infuriating because maybe 1 out of 10 pairs is animal product-free. I did find a really good pair, but most of the time Payless will have vegetarian-friendly shoes.

You couldn't get me to wear leather again...:innocent:

Vegan shoes and boots

Is anyone here vegan and have tips on finding fashionable shoes of a great variety that aren't leather/animal skin?

Because it is impossible for me to do so. Especially to find boots. And it makes me sad.:(

Natalie Portman’s Vegan Shoe Line

natalie-portman-vegan-shoes.jpg

Natalie Portman designed a vegan collection of shoes in collaboration with Te Casan. (Vegans do not use or consume animal products of any kind.)

The Natalie Portman Collection arrives February 2008 online and at the NYC boutique located at 382 West Broadway. The shoes are available for pre-order on January 15. 5% of all vegan shoe profits will be going to charity.

Nat’s shoes will run you about $200, far cheaper than the Stella McCartney vegan heels.

JustJared

Sadly the vegan mens shoes are all so ugly. I have been looking at a lot of sites lately for a good pair.

I also am having a hard time finding good vintage shoes. I can find treasures on ebay, but it seems like all the vintage boots/flats are made of leather...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->