Animal Friendly / Non-leather Shoes

I once blogged about eco-friendly fashion. Especially with shoes made of hemp, I'm very much interested in how lovely some environmentally-friendly shoes can be. I don't have an all-time favorite environmentally-friendly/guilt-free shoes. However, I'm just interested at how lovely some eco-friendly shoes can be.

I'm always on the lookout for heels that I can actually walk in, are cute, affordable and animal friendly. Add the fact I don't like in a city with a ton of options, it's so hard for me to find shoes I really love.

I'm always on the lookout for heels that I can actually walk in, are cute, affordable and animal friendly. Add the fact I don't like in a city with a ton of options, it's so hard for me to find shoes I really love.

I hear you, I wish that custom shoe site, 'Shoes of Prey', had eco and animal friendly options to choose from, like recycled plastic, cork leather, hemp/organic cotton velvet and even eco friendly dyed textiles to choose from when designing your own shoes for them to make. It wouldn't be that difficult for them to pull this off either because there are fabric dyes in some really great colors that are eco-friendly. This would be great, I've been thinking about sending that place an email about it because for now the eco-shoes they've got on the market aren't to everyone's taste even if you are dedicated to the environment.

Nicora Johns are having a huge sale, starting today!

Stephanie Nicora won PETA's award for Most talented new designer in 2014.

The shoes are handcrafted in the US so those of you who live there and want to shop locally and eco-friendly should check this out.

I really like this line (mens and womens). Everything makes sense and is cohesive and sleek. I'm going to try to get hold of their sandals that they sadly do not sell at this moment. The "Sinclair" boots look really nice too though.

All of the NJ-shoes look very good in photos (check out instagram, tumblr, google etc if you are interested), hope they look as good in real life!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of polyurethane "leather" Doc Martens-style boots on Amazon. They're cheap, and far nicer and more durable than the prices would suggest. I've had a pair for three years and they've never shown any wear, apart from needing new laces once.

plastic is way worse for the planet and the people on it...
wear the leather shoes if you care about the planet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->