Anna Wintour

Anna Wintour — M2M

Love what's she's wearing, except that wretched necklace.
Her sunglasses really is her armour. Lol.

Anna is normally very tigh-lipped and discreet unless she's subtle dragging someone. I think once she's no longer at Vogue we'll hear loads more candid bits. And yes, I agree with her re the Rei exhibit.

^ That was a wonderful conversation. I love that Grace mentioned a few of the more controversial MET exhibitions and that Anna was candid about having concerns or downright not liking them.

Does Anna still wear Marni? I found this old candid by accident and this dress was very lovely! (from style.com 12 years ago)

Mario Testino's At Home Exhibition Opening at Yvon Lambert 拷贝.jpg

Does Anna still wear Marni? I found this old candid by accident and this dress was very lovely! (from style.com 12 years ago)

Very much. She is the one who helped Francesco Risso get appointed as creative director of Marni. She's also wearing custom Marni inspired by the Fall 2019 collection in the interview that Benn posted above!

Thanks! Well let's see if there's a feature in Vogue US about Plan C in the future..or already there's one? Sorry I don't read Vogue US very often...

Don't ask me why they've decided on the obnoxious intro music, but it's an insightful interview. There's very often a lot of fawning over Anna with her interviews, but I must say Tina Brown is her equal in more ways than one and she's definitely a very astute interviewer. And she acts it. It is actually Anna who comes across as tense and trying too hard to crack jokes in this interview. And she often dodged questions which she clearly found uncomfortable, which Tina clearly noticed it each time. Like the one about her mother. Whatever she answered was not what Tina asked her. She even ends the response with a comic piece about her father which didn't go over a hoot. I mean, she probably identifies more with her father than her mother and that's fine.

^ I always thought Tina was her better, in so many ways, and this is another proof of that. Brown is just in a league of her own, the things she did at VF.etc i mean...she always got "it" (her VF Diaries book is such a great read!!). Thanks for posting this video.

I'm super curious, about her relationship with her mother. There seems to be some trauma there.

^ I always thought Tina was her better, in so many ways, and this is another proof of that. Brown is just in a league of her own, the things she did at VF.etc i mean...she always got "it" (her VF Diaries book is such a great read!!). Thanks for posting this video.

FACT.

i mean...she always got "it" (her VF Diaries book is such a great read!!). Thanks for posting this video.

Certainly one of my favourite EIC memoirs!! I've posted my two cents here about Tina's book here by mistake:

Books About Fashion & Designers - Recommendations ?

What I've noticed about all Anna's interviews is that it follows a very precise trajectory. Her father, how odd it is that she works in fashion when her siblings do more 'serious' jobs, if you're really lucky she'll throw in something about her time at British Vogue, US Vogue and politics, MET gala. Even the interview with Grace a few posts back is vaguely tame.

I wonder if her never mentioning her mother has to do with her siblings doing more serious jobs. We know her father was supportive but never any mention of her mother being supportive...

Anna attending Alexander Wang’s Collection #1 show at Rockefeller Centre on May 31st in New York City:

Bee Shaffer Carrozzini and Anna Wintour attend the 73rd Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 09, 2019 in New York City.
kX1cdYb.jpg

zimbio​

What a garish Givenchy dress with a truly unflattering rugby shoulder, I can’t believe she went for it.

Bea seems to be wearing the dress I would've liked on her, with a shorter hem.
That dress is way too matronly for Bea, but then I don't think she's got good taste in clothes.

And the monstrosity that Anna is wearing belongs in the bin. One more reason not to like Clare's Givenchy.

BoF recently ran a piece around the value of Anna to Condé Nast.

Could someone please post in this thread?

Megan Thee Stallion, and Hot Girl Anna. (thecut.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->