Any Fashion Designers Here, on theFashionSpot Forums?

saad

Reaction score
hi,
i just joined the forum and i dont know where ive been all this time!
well...im saad, 18 and a designer! although ive not put any of my dresses to life yet, im planning to do so in teh near future...maybe before i turn 20?!
i was wondering if there were any other designers here?
actually i need some help. i've done my gowns on paper in my own figure-format. ive not used color yet
i wanted to show them to someone who has some experience in fashion designing and would help me in that area cuz ive not taken any classes. its more a passion!
well...i could scan them and post if anyone was interested...

Those questions are also ones I wanted to ask. I have experieced several of those things too.

We have alot of designers here at tFS who can answer those questions such as Lena, Space and Acid. :flower:

:woot: hello saad and a very warm welcome to FashionSpot :flower:

experienced fashion designer here :lol:
i'm currently in year old -and counting- :ninja: hibernation,
happily slaving big companies in order to finance my
...world famous ambitious new project :wacko:

i'd be glad to see your work, answer any questions
and help you out in any possible way.
feel at home :wink: :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 6th, 2003 - 6:42 am
Wow, Lena! :woot: You've been offered by the likes of LVMH?

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Oct 6th, 2003 - 6:42 am
Wow, Lena! :woot: You've been offered by the likes of LVMH? [/b][/quote]
:rofl: not really, just consulting a big international fabric printing & finishing factory, not a lvmh slave -yet :lol:

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 6th, 2003 - 7:15 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 7:15 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 6th, 2003 - 2:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Lena
@Oct 6th, 2003 - 6:42 am

Wow, Lena! :woot: You've been offered by the likes of LVMH?
:rofl: not really, just consulting a big international fabric printing & finishing factory, not a lvmh slave -yet :lol: [/b][/quote]
me too. even though i'd be offered a position at Dior I'd happily decline. :wink:

even though i'd be offered a position at Dior I'd happily decline.

:clap: clever clever miss igni
i admit i could give it some thought
but i'd probably decline as well :lol:

hey ignitioned and hey lina!
thanks fr being helpful...
so both of you tell me more about yourself....lena, youre a pro, can i see some of your work online? i know id love to..
i'll post a sketch ive done (a VERY rough one at that!!) ....its an evening gown with an antique indian look...i was wondering if i should keep it plain or go for some some classic indian self designs. also what fabric should i consider? i want it to be very very light, perfect fall and very elegant.
plus youcan also tell me if you have other suggestions...
i Also wanna know if this is the right way of presenting designs? im telling you, i have "NO" experience in the field... i dont know anynoe who'd tell me...
if you know how elle saab's teenage was, thats me! i face teh same problems!
can anyone show me a pro fashion drawing tempelate?? teh figure?

:smile: not bad at all saad, i think a heavy silk will be a very nice fabric choice.
best way to do this is by draping on a couture doll if possible.
not sure about your question regarding "indian look"
its up to you really, I would prefer a simple version myself.
:ermm: your drawing/fashion illustration needs some work,
but i think you are in a good direction, just practice, thats all.

i dont work with templates, but you can easily get some through
those simple 'how to' fashion illustration books, maybe you can
find localy. Templates are not the ideal way to work though.
You can also create your very own templates by copying down
an illustration of your preferance and then eliminate from there,
down to basic form.

there is no way to see my work online, yet.
i'll let you know when my showroom site will be ready :wink:
keep going with your designs
:mohawk:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 6th, 2003 - 4:42 am

experienced fashion designer here :lol:
i'm currently in year old -and counting- :ninja: hibernation,
...world famous ambitious new project :wacko:

Lena you are not old, ok may eb youa re, but youa re super young at heart :woot: ! :P :heart:

Saad in terms of your deisgn yous eem to be in the right direction, The biegst thinsg i can say is lously deffine your style and try to stick to it unelss your taste change dramaticly, in terms of drawing i would say that your figure needs work, typically fashion figure is very long. Also I think takeing a fashionc orse could help you alot, if a fashion corse is not avalibal take some art classes.

yeah? you think so....
well....i'll post otehr designs soon enough....
i'd really appreciate it if someone could show me some pro fashion drawings...maybe some from big designers?
that would show me how to do them properly:smile:
and youre right, we should all have a particular style...and i do! you'll see that in all my designs!
other people...why dont you post your desings here too? that'd be fun!

Originally posted by saad@Oct 7th, 2003 - 11:44 am

other people...why dont you post your desings here too? that'd be fun!
we have a "lookbook" thread wich has many deisgns from tfs mebers

Well, send them here or ask for an e-mail. I draw some clothing, and I sew...Blah blah. B) I can really help you. And if you want more help, Buy Steven Stipelman's From Concept to Creation. He is "the man" in American slang and I was taught by him at Fashion Institute. He is so good. Buy the book because , as a matter of fact, it is necessary.

some designers cannot draw for sh**. such as armani. and ellen tracy? A lot. Well, you should look at fashion illustrators, then.

I don't think your dress is possible in real life. I think you should think about how it's going to be sewn before you draw it. Your dress is all right, though.

thanks for ur advise....i'll probably buy a book sometime or the other...
if you have illustrations by some of these designers, could you please post em here?? i'd like to see em.
and i have thought up of how its gonna be sewn...its difficult but it'll work none the less:smile:

Im a fashion designer in the process, and a multimillionaire empire producer :wink:

:lol: :lol:

why dont u post your designs here here Alejandro?
im sure we'd all love to see em:smile:
and dont u have any suggestions for my design?? :blush:

I'm a shoe designer but don't mind us we're nobody 'real' in fashion :lol: (cheeky thats me).

My best friend is attending Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, currently to take me out of the horrible bowels of shoe design, so I can grow-up and be just like her...but better

notice how she's going but not me, :P I'm a :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->