Ashlee’s Nose Job Is Last Straw for New Editor of Marie Claire (NYT)

How much more appealing does maggie look on that cover compared to ashlee? forget it there is no comparison.

The cover is very avant-garde and very atypical of a magazine like Marie Claire. I could seriously see the pose and makeup on a high fashion magazine with a model, but Maggie really suits it... Hopefully, the inside of this magazine is also promising. The titles appearing on the cover seem a little less superficial...

this thread reminds me of how flat my nose is... as a matter of fact, i'm pinching it right now :judge:

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully, i don't care that she got her nose done...what she does to her body is her business and it's getting a little annoying hearing people give her crap for doing that....it's been months since she did it and the media is still making a big deal about it...

that being said, she should know when to open her mouth and when to not....when you're gonna say something that you know will be printed in a magazine and that could potentialy come back to bite you in the a$$, you should be a bit more careful about the things that you preach :ermm:

I still like her though :ninja:

i've never really liked marie claire magazine that much anyways. maybe now i'll actually read it. that new issue with maggie looks interesting; i love the photo - so striking!

This is very interesting. Marie Claire is publically snubbing one of the celebs who can usually do no wrong and who are sooo special. It's not even the first time that she effectively manages to epitomize insincerity and pretention in an unpresedented way. Hopefully, this is her last magazine cover, and I'm glad Marie Claire is telling their readers they'll have nothing of this sort from a B-lister like her.

Also, the Maggie cover looks great. Eye catching to say the least. Very impressive move by this magazine.

I don't care much for how Marie Claire is handling the Ashlee situation. Reading the July article that is in question, I honestly believe that Ashlee was sincere when she said " I want girls to look in the mirror and feel confident". Unfortuantely while delivering that message of Girl Power, she herself was struggling with her view on what she obviously considered a shortcoming. Ehh...Just to say in the article how confident, bold, outspoken, quirky and real (don't even go there...lol) she is and now its like 'Ugh! Ashlee you wench how dare you change something about yourself that you didn't feel confident about.':blink:

I'm not saying err typing that Ashlee shouldn't be held responsible for the things she says because I can see how her actions seem contradictory to her comments. Perhaps Marie Claire is going the Vanity Fair route and trying to stir up controversy? I mean a mention or two from some angry readers is one thing but a writing riot is a bit much. As much as I would hate the controversy angle to be the case, I would prefer that over those who contribute to Marie Claire acting like jilted lovers who put their significant other on a pedestal only to see them fall in their eyes.

Moving On....Maggie looks great on the cover. I'm all for taking chances and giving others outside the "It Girl" realm some shine but I hope that under this new supervision Marie Claire doesn't stray too far from its contents which I felt have made the magazine a good read on an overall basis.

Where is that Joanna Coles, I have a great big batch of karma I need to deliver :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Horrible new cover, Maggie is ugly and they're probably just trying to get new publicity... but Marie Claire is a horrible magazine anyways...

kimair said:
it's great to see a magazine like marie claire stand up and state that what ashlee simpson said, then did was wrong...
i'll definitely pick this up too...
the cover photo and choice of maggie gyllenhaal is fantastic...
i'm interested in seeing how they've continued the design changes inside...

ditto for me!!...

:clap:...
yay!!!...
hip hip hooray for a 'smart girl' book too!!...

:D:P...
here's hoping for the best!!...

**even if maggie DOES look maniacal on the first cover...:innocent:...

:blink:...:huh:...

The new cover looks great! def going to pick it up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wigsforu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->