Taylor Tomasi Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Nina Garcia's fashion department now boasts two newly-created positions. Today, Marie Claire editor in chief Joanna Coles announced two key appointments. Taylor Tomasi, formerly accessories director at Teen Vogue, has been named style and accessories director, while Amanda Hearst has been named associate market director. Most recently an intern at Cosmopolitan Spain, Hearst has also worked at Town & Country, Harper's Bazaar, Gotham, Quest, and Hamptons. Both Hearst and Tomasi will begin working at Hearst on August 24. "We're thrilled to have both Taylor and Amanda join the Marie Claire fashion department," said Coles. "Their great sense of style, as well as their knowledge and experience in the fashion industry, will be an asset to the magazine."

fashionweekdaily

US Marie Claire June 2010
The Shining

Model: Anastasia Khodkina
Photographer: David Byun
Hair: Tuan Anh Tran
Makeup: Chico Mitsui
Manicure: Candice Manacchio
Stylist: Taylor Tomasi Hill

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Glad she used the Hermès blazer in her work :smile:

Thanks for posting some of her work flyme2themoon: am not a huge Marie Claire magazine fan, but that's a lovely editorial piece.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any new candids of Taylor around, nor do I have access to a scanner at the moment, but for those interested in her work and not just her style, the August edition of Marie Claire (U.S.A, with Dakota Fanning on the cover) is LOADED with editorials styled by Taylor. if fact, I am amazed by how much of the issue is dedicated to accessories - shoes, bags, jewelry, belts, etc. - all arranged around various fall 2010 trends. If I can get to a scanner, I'll try to post some images.

Last edited by a moderator:
NPJ, if you could get your hands on a scanner I would love to see some of her work :flower:.

"Marie Claire", U.S.A., August 2010 edition
Fashion editor: Taylor Tomasi Hill

Scanned by: Not Plain Jane :flower:

Attachments

• scaled.taylor1.jpg
    scaled.taylor1.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 18
  • scaled.taylor2.jpg
    scaled.taylor2.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 16
  • scaled.taylor3.jpg
    scaled.taylor3.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 13
  • scaled.taylor4.jpg
    scaled.taylor4.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 10
  • scaled.taylor8.jpg
    scaled.taylor8.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 6
  • scaled.taylor7.jpg
    scaled.taylor7.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 6
  • scaled.taylor6.jpg
    scaled.taylor6.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 14
  • scaled.taylor5.jpg
    scaled.taylor5.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 10
More images from "Marie Claire", U.S.A., August 2010
Fashion Editor: Taylor Tomasi Hill

Scanned by: Not Plain Jane :flower: ENJOY!

Attachments

• scaled.taylor12.jpg
    scaled.taylor12.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 11
  • scaled.taylor11.jpg
    scaled.taylor11.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 17
  • scaled.taylor10.jpg
    scaled.taylor10.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 9
  • scaled.taylor9.jpg
    scaled.taylor9.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 11
  • scaled.taylor13.jpg
    scaled.taylor13.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 4
  • scaled.taylor14.jpg
    scaled.taylor14.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 11
  • scaled.taylor15.jpg
    scaled.taylor15.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 5
  • scaled.taylor16.jpg
    scaled.taylor16.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 3
Can someone help? I scanned 16 images; posted 8 each in two separate posts. Initially, the images showed up and everything looked great, and now the images have disappeared? I scanned them; saved them as jpegs; re-sized them. But they're gone.

I am not the most technologically inclined so forgive me for asking ... but.

they're still there. i can still see them. nice job:flower:

thank you so much for the pics not plain jane...
her eds are my favorite part of marie claire...she has a great eye for picking accessories that don't seem like they should be together...

Oh, thanks. I am relieved that they're showing up. Seems they show up for me only when I am signed in as a member.

Anyhow, hope people like them.

"Body of Work"
editorial styled by Taylor Tomasi Hill
"Marie Claire" December, 2010. USA
source of images: LILIANK.

Attachments

• US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B3.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B2.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 25
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B1.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 25
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 25
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B6.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B6.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 20
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B4.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B4.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 22
  • US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B5.jpg
    US%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BDecember%2B2010%2B5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 21
A Barneys spokesperson contacted us yesterday to give the following statement: “As announced by Barneys New York on November 29th, the search for a new fashion director was launched by Daniella Vitale, chief merchant and executive vice president, who joined the company on December 1st. Contrary to recent speculative reports, no employment offer has been made as of this date to any person for the fashion director position." Which means, contrary to rumors, that they never outright asked Virginia Smith, Sarah Rutson, or Hill to take the job.

nymag.com/daily/fashion

i think it's for the best that taylor stay at marie claire...
she's been doing a great job there and it's a great step up for her...

Sigerson Morrison and its contemporary counterpart, Belle by Sigerson and Morrison, are gearing up to unveil their first collections since founders Kari Sigerson and Miranda Morrison parted ways with the company last March.

“We’re calling this a refreshing of both brands, because what we’re doing is taking the heritage of each, taking all the things that have always been fabulous — and looking to make Sigerson Morrison and Belle even more relevant,” said Susan Itzkowitz, president of Marc Fisher Footwear, the parent company that acquired the 20-year-old footwear brand in 2006.

In addition to enlisting a design team in Italy, both labels will add an assortment of silhouettes and styles, heel heights, materials (including ethically sourced fabrics) and color palettes for the spring 2012 collections, which will both bow at the FFANY show next month.

She also revealed that Marie Claire’s style and accessories director Taylor Tomasi Hill has been brought on board as creative consultant to work with the labels in terms of trend direction, developing new ideas and merchandising the lines. Tomasi Hill will also have a hand in future advertising campaigns, marketing initiatives, events and social media projects.

“Taylor is our style guru. We have such a respect for her and her taste level and trend knowledge and her vision in terms of fashion. She’s always been a tremendous supporter of the brand and we’re very excited to start this collaboration with her and see where it will evolve to,” Itzkowitz said of the new position.

Tomasi Hill added, “I’m looking forward to working together with Sigerson Morrison and contributing my ideas on the design aesthetic, while still keeping true to the brand heritage. With plenty of rich influences to draw from the archives, I’m confident this will be an exciting collaboration.”

wwd / july 25, 2011

^^this is interesting... can't wait to see what they come up with

i'm sure we'll see taylor sporting sigerson morrison shoes in the near future :P

So will she continue to work for Marie Claire?

I'm excited about this new project for her. I think she will do a great job of cultivating a new image for Sigerson. And yes I'm sure we'll see her wearing their shoes during fashion week now :P.

i'm curious too...
consultant means freelance, usually...or it could be some sort of contract for a set period of time...

it would seem to conflict with her job as accessories editor though...
which should be neutral and unbiased...

hmmm....
anyone know the scoop?

Well, she has great taste in shoes, so I look forward to what she comes up with. I wonder about the Marie Claire conflict too, as most of her editorials feature shoes front and center. Mind you, she has styled Fallon jewelry ads before, seemingly on the side, so who knows? Maybe it's not a big deal. Just got a pair of SM sandals, actually. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->