Bag of the year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
the most successful were the chloe paddington, chanel reissue and the fendi spy. the stam didn't receive nearly as much attention as those other three

The stam came out pretty late in the year.... hardly anyone knows what it is, outside of tfs, that is. :wink:

I think the bag of the year is one that got so much exposure that it is recognizable by someone who knows nothing about fashion... which is why I went for the paddington, spy and balenciaga.

But I thought the Balenciaga was already huge the year before? I would vote for the Paddington as well as the Spy.

i think these are definitely the bags of 2005:
Balenciaga
Chloe Paddington
Fendi Spy
Chanel reissue 2.55

as far as most popular..
chloe paddington, balenciaga (wow, there was MANIA for a while ala the Olsen Twins...), fendi spy...

although fendi vanity (ew) was popular for a while..
fendi_vanity.jpg

as far as popularity goes:
1. fendi spy
2. chloe paddington
3. marc jacobs stam....

but in my list of favorites, it would be:

1. marc jacobs stam
2. chloe paddington
3.fendi spy

:wink:

Luna said:
The stam came out pretty late in the year.... hardly anyone knows what it is, outside of tfs, that is. :wink:

I think the bag of the year is one that got so much exposure that it is recognizable by someone who knows nothing about fashion... which is why I went for the paddington, spy and balenciaga.

as far as the stam goes, i think it did really well considering it came out so late in the year, and almost every celeb pictured in the magazines has one....i think that helps spread it to the masses (whether or not thats a good thing or not is another story...) it has gotten A LOT of exposure since it sold out, and the fact no one can get it now is making people want it even more..

My three "it" bag choices I bought in 2005 - 1.Chloe paddington 2. Fendi spybag, 3. Mizi vienna collection Louis Vuitton

I think the bag of the year would go to Fendi Spy bag, then the overyly popular bag Paddington and lastly the always popular bag Balenciaga...

I am liking the Mizi vienna collection Louis Vuitton it looks a bit like the Marc Jacobs Stam Bag...

YSL BOW
i LIKE IT MORE IN BEIGE:
E0413625942943_v1_m56577569831140626.jpg

YSL MUSE

chocolate 'guccissima' leather bag with the key

E0442123706573_v1_m56577569831116377.jpg

pics from saks & jezworld

citychic90 said:
I'd say
1. Chloe Paddington
2. Chanel 2.55 reissue
3. Fendi Spy :smile:

I second this:smile:

Stam and Paddington being my personal favourites though...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the replies, i think we can soon add a poll.. so we can vote for tFS bag of 2005

i'm still a bit confused when you guys do not post pics..(much more regarding the Balenciaga bag you all talk about.. which B. bag really?)
please we need pics to go with the Poll

Lena said:
thanks for all the replies, i think we can soon add a poll.. so we can vote for tFS bag of 2005

i'm still a bit confused when you guys do not post pics..(much more regarding the Balenciaga bag you all talk about.. which B. bag really?)
please we need pics to go with the Poll

With balenciaga I think the whole "motorcycle" line counts, it's kind of like the paddington where there are countless styles. If you looking for one specific bag though, that would most likley be the "city" size :flower:

ok, thanks guessgirl.. just post replies with visuals please.. :flower:

Just wanted to mention, I think tFS "bag of the year" is different from, say, Time Magazine bag of the year if they did such a thing :D In my mind it's a bag that was new this year, exciting, beautiful, directional, and something that hasn't been done before. Something that points to what's to come rather than purely classic, or part of trends that are "over" (boho).

yes, of course fashionista-ta.. we are not talking 'classics' and we are certainly not talking last year bags, i believe that was clear from start and all posts are already in this mood

i was thinking more of the bag that tFSpotters loved more during 2005..
we will just add up 'nominations' and then make a Poll and get the absolute winner :heart:

Lena, I have a few pics of some of the bags mentioned in this thread. A spy, stam, balenciaga, and a chanel 2.55 reissue :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->