Basic Wardrobe Staples

I guess Dior Homme jeans/pants/cords are the only real staple in my wardrobe. I could change around other parts of my wardrobe, but it'd fall to sh*t if I didn't have my DH jeans. I seriously can't imagine what I'd do without them now. Yuk. *shudders at the thought*

Jeans (lately I'm loving skinny leg styles)
Black Longsleeved Top
Black/White Singlet/Tanks
My cropped Sgt Pepper Style Jacket (faded black)
Converse Chuck Taylor Hightops (in black, white or pink)
Black Flats
Silver/Diamond Studs

I'm very basic, :lol:

AlexN said:
I guess Dior Homme jeans/pants/cords are the only real staple in my wardrobe. I could change around other parts of my wardrobe, but it'd fall to sh*t if I didn't have my DH jeans. I seriously can't imagine what I'd do without them now. Yuk. *shudders at the thought*

:lol: Well said, Alex, well said!

That said, I think I need to buy even more DH pants now!!! The beaded grey v-neck sweater and indigo whiskered jeans are definitely on the purchase list! Hopefully I can afford more stuff by the time Christmas rolls around!

I think ultra skinny jeans is the essential for me now, i can't live without them.

Oh, and a beautiful bag.

With them i can adjust, but these are the essentials.

My black jacket I got from JC Penny. LOL
White old lady bead neckalce I got from a yard sale
Rings
Polka dot halter
White shrug
Flip Flops for the summer Boots for the winer I suppose
My LV Mini Looping purse
or my Chanel Cambon tote

Yeah I suck. Well my style sucks.

i don't know. :unsure: i know some people here from personal style would definetely say shorts and headbands :innocent: i suppose they are. and i always wear dusty green army-style-esque :doh: jackets.

right now...

-i have a long black camisole that i wear as a shirt on it's on or under paired w/ different belts or as a dress, or over other skirts. i wear it virtually four days out of the week because it's so flexible.

-sheer black and white polka dotted blouse that is good for any occasion. that too i wear all the time...about three days out of the week at least.

My YSL leather jacket....that shall remain with me forever.

Right now?

For Summer...
01. Black short-sleeve seamless tees.
02. Black MMM knee-length double-layered skirt.
03. Black cigarette pants.
04. Black lightweight blazer with 3/4-sleeves.
05. Black suede ballet flats.
06. White mini-pleated skirt.

For Autumn|Winter...
01. Black flat-front trousers (HL, MMM, YY and AD).
02. Black turtlenecks in various textures and lengths.
03. Black structured wool coat with Nehru collar (J.Crew, almost four years old).
04. Black opaque tights.
05. Black scarves in various textures, mainly cashmere.
06. Black HL booties that desperately need to be replaced.

Right now it's an unmatched pair of ivory sweaters I layer ... sleeveless & 3/4 sleeve cardigan. They work with everything from skirts to jeans, day and evening.

Like almost every guy that posted in this thread Dior Homme jeans are my main thing also a slim blazer (i need a new one i've lost so much weight i have a dior one from s/s 05 in a 48 and now a 44 seems too big) hmmmm converse, a white shirt (fitted) and a skinny black tie

slinny scarf, green with black and simple flowers. goes with everything.

Mettchen said:
i don't know. :unsure: i know some people here from personal style would definetely say shorts and headbands :innocent: i suppose they are. and i always wear dusty green army-style-esque :doh: jackets.
And flats, Mett!! ^_^ Especially Sam & Libby's :P

My list seems long in comparison, but these are the items that have always been in my closet for the past 10 years in some form:

- dk wash jeans
- skirts in blk/grey/denim
- cashmere turtlenecks in blk/crm
- silk knit tops in blk/wht/crm
- cotton knit tops in blk/wht/crm
- oxford button down, at least in white
- trousers in grey/chocolate/blk
- denim jacket
- blk blazer
- velvet blazer
- sexy date dress
- sheath dress
- blk boots, heeled & flat
- blk flats (as in sandal or skimmer)
- sexy heeled sandal (to go with the dress :woot:)
- blk 3/4 length coat for the winter
- winter scarves in blk/red/grey/brn
- handbags in blk/brn/red

I think that covers the basics :D These are also the items that I stress over when I have to replace them. I LOATHE replacing the perfect wardrobe staple!

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious said:
These are also the items that I stress over when I have to replace them. I LOATHE replacing the perfect wardrobe staple!

:lol: Me too! So much so that I often don't do it! :lol:

Sometimes it can be easier to change the direction of your wardrobe a bit than replace that perfect pair of black pants, or perfect black overshirt or cardigan ... Most of my perfect wardrobe staples fall under the heading RIP :innocent: I remember them fondly.

I have bumped this thread because I am facing such a quandry right now. My partner and I have decided we are going to buy and live on a Narrowboat next year. This means I have to reduce my wardrobe by about 80% - I'm looking at cutting down by having just a few basic jeans, t shirts etc and having better accessories, costume jewellery - any hints and tips? Should I just spend more on better quality and buy less?

Hi!
This is my first post here.

My capsule;

fitted black trousers suit
skinny black trousers
skinny dark denim jeans
black skirt
black fitted leather jacket
b/w fitted pin-stripe velvet jacket
turtles in blk., b/w, grey and red
v-neck sweaters in blk., grey, red (and this f/w season purple)
some matched tees or other tops
white fitted shirt
LBD

-Jutta-

Hi Lady Muck :flower:

I've merged this with a couple of other similar threads so you can see more of what others consider staples. I definitely think you're on the right track thinking better quality and accessories. Since they take up less space, focusing on accessories just makes sense. Don't forget scarves and such too. And definitely leave yourself with something stunning for an evening out :wink:

Congrats on marine living! Sounds exciting :woot:

PS - you may want to focus on separates too so you can mix & match. Good luck!

Added to my 'capsule wardrobe' list:

Black cashmere knitwear (1 cardigan, 1 very fitted crewneck)
White button down shirts (I prefer ones less structured, goes well with my rumpled look)
White sneakers

Basic tees or lightweight sweaters, esp. in white, black, or neutrals

Basic dark or neutral pants or pencil/aline skirts (depends on whether you prefer skirts or pants and what cut you prefer)

Jeans

Raincoat (if you live in a rainy place) and umbrella

Coat (if you live where it gets cold in winter)

Sunglasses

Comfortable shoes

watch

Black handbag

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back