Belgian Street Style

rmcottrell

Reaction score
Brussels/Paris Street Style

HELP! My husband and I are heading to Paris and Brussels in 2 weeks and need to know the trends that are in for winter for both men and women. We have both been to Paris in the summer but now that it's chilly I'm not sure what to bring.

I don't want to stand out like a typical American, especially since we are staying with friends who are Parisian.

Let me know, all help is welcomed!!!

Did you look through the other threads like Paris Streetstyle or European Streetstyle? They might give you some ideas! Sorry, wish I could help more but I've never been to Paris! :flower:

I don't think you will stand out as 'typical American'. Unless you go for that tourist look of safari shorts, white tee, stand-out hat and socks with sandals... :innocent:
Just wear your own style.

Melanie Jane said:
I don't think you will stand out as 'typical American'. Unless you go for that tourist look of safari shorts, white tee, stand-out hat and socks with sandals... :innocent:
Just wear your own style.
exactly
I don't understand why people want to fit in when they go somewhere as tourists... who cares? not to sound rude but yeah..
anyway, I live near Brussels, and been several times to Paris.
what I can say from paris is that it's very chic. Think navy blue tailored blazers, a simple white tee, skinny jeans and pointy leather flats/heels or even converses. Big,chunky wooly scarves, and designer handbags.
For men... I don't know, sorry
Hope I Helped!

Belgium!

some pics from Belgium ! (espec. Ghent !:(flower:

Attachments

• gent 9.JPG
    gent 9.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 27
  • gent5.jpg
    gent5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 28
  • gent.jpg
    gent.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19
more frm Belgium!

.............:flower:

Attachments

• gent6.jpg
    gent6.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 15
  • gent4.jpg
    gent4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 19
  • gent3.jpg
    gent3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
more ...

still Belgium ...

Attachments

• gent 7.jpg
    gent 7.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
  • gentt.jpg
    gentt.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 7
  • genttt.jpg
    genttt.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 8
  • gent8.jpg
    gent8.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 6
and more

Attachments

• 60.JPG
    60.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 59.JPG
    59.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 28
more ....

Attachments

• 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 18
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 8
and moooore

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 7
  • gent!.jpg
    gent!.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 49.JPG
    49.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 12
pff belgium is a small country , it's not easy to find pics of their streetstyle . Tomorrow I'll take pics with my cam in the city I think . Maby then you 'll get an actual street pic :lol:

in brussels , lacoste ralph lauren louis vuitton and burberry are really hotwith the youth and most of the latter two are counterfelt :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Fugfashion, did you take those pics yourself, because otherwise they are uncredited and I will have to delete them!

^please dont, kim!!!! *drops on knees* :lol:

the belgians! :heart: :brows:

I live in Belgium too, and while I try to keep fashion as alive as possible, none of my friends look half as cool as the people in the pictures posted! That's maybe cause I live in Brussels, where a bright scarf, tailored jacket and stylish bag will go a long way (pointy heels are good too). No one really dresses up except for the older blonde women in high boots with LV bags... and they always look ridiculous. Everyone wears sneakers and jeans, so you can over- or underdress as much as you want. Vintage and more quirky looks are starting to become more accepted now, so you can basically dress any way you want! There isn't really much of a Belgian street style, unless you decide to go somewhere where you can find the Dutch designers (like Rue Antoine Dansaert); everyone always makes more of an effort there :P

pics of the party scene in Belgium :flower:

cc30ok.png

cc43ts.png

cultureclub19tt.png

128qf.png

cultureclub.be

^ Great pictures thank you! Are those people some sort of local/scene personalities? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->