Berlin shopping

Glad to hear that. KaDeWe is definitely worth paying a visit, one of my fave stores too.

The rest of the Kurfurstendamm is also great, there a nice boutique of Lagerfeld, verry friendly and kind staff!

When you go in Januari, first or second week there is all great sale!!

Hi!
Im in a Berling in next 5 days.
I have not been lucky with finding some good clothes i like ... also many shopps have strange working hours, at least to me :smile:

I am having a really tight budget for shopping, and I would like to go to some good shopps and outlets, with urban clothes (from some mad colorfull nu-rave stuff to Dries Van Noten :innocent:). I am young, I have 25. I am first time in city and alone ...

So, if u know any shoppes that are quite cheap and good (^_^), and are not far away from metro stations, U ban or S ban, please write here.

Thanks in advance! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
The store working hours are pretty common for Europe though, as for the rest Ill have to give it a thought, cant say right now but if you google youll find some stuff too.

If anyone is looking for a good hostel in Berlin, I really recommend East Seven. We stayed there for two weeks in a private room with two beds and it was 20 euro each per night. It was super eclectic, immaculately clean, and had great energy. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful and we met other guests from all over the world. Only downside is no elevators, but those stairs will help you burn off all those pommes and beer! I am definitely staying there when I go back. here's the link
http://www.eastseven.de/

As for shopping, I didn't shop in many stores because the exchange rate was so bad when I was there, but we popped in to Garbage and popped out real quick because it was so overpriced. I mean, 20 euro for a t shirt with rips and stains is not a deal for me.

And of course there's hackesche hoefe with lots of pretty shops. We only went into a bead shop and then the Ampelmanchen store but we saw some pretty things in other store windows.

I posted this on the Germany thread too before I figured out there was a Berlin thread, forgive me please:

I lived in Germany last year and when we traveled to Berlin I dragged my host sister to the flea market in the Mauerpark for almost half a day! We loved it. They truly have everything, from independent artists and designers to vintage jewelry and leather. We found so much lovely stuff and you can haggle (of course it helps to speak German, I would recommend to at least know the numbers so you can hear what other people are paying and not get ripped off). I bought my favorite ring - an avant-garde heavy sterling silver one - for 2 euro- it was a really funny story. I asked the Turkish guy selling it how much it was and he said 5 euro, I said 1 because it was bent, and then he said 4 and I said 2 and he gave up He had his Turkish accent and I had my American one and then we talked about soccer for a bit. It's one of my best memories and one of the reasons I just adore Berlin. I swear I'm homesick for it; I only spent two weeks in that city but I'm missing a place that is not actually my home. It's just a magical place, especially the creative energy.

Sterling Gold is a high-class second hand shop

Kommode Berlin has cool and funny T-Shirts

And I can recommend the Wühlischstraße in Friedrichshain. Not high end, but affordable fashion from smaller labels

Will check those out, thanks Lotti !

Hi, does anyone know where you can buy international fashionmagazines in Berlin? I can only find german ones...

It's been asked quite a few times but: can anyone recommend any vintage/second hand shops in Berlin? That aren't Garage.

Also, I'm going in July/August. Do shops close in Berlin like they do in say...Paris over the summer?

Hey, my parents are going to Berlin in the next few days and I was wondering are stores close on Good Friday or Easter (I'm not familiar with those holidays)?
Also can you recommend any stores that are in the price range of h&m, zara etc but are less familiar?
Oh and one last question – do you have "Intimissimi" over there? I usually buy their stuff when I'm in Europe and I couldn't find any information on their website regarding store locations.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

shops are closed on Karfreitag (Easter Friday?) and Ostermontag (Easter Monday?)

During the summer, shops aren`t closed like in Paris, don`t worry!

Hi,

shops are closed on Karfreitag (Easter Friday?) and Ostermontag (Easter Monday?)

During the summer, shops aren`t closed like in Paris, don`t worry!

This is so depressing because I heard that shopping is great in Berlin…L
On which dates do these holidays occur?

Just got back from Berlin & had a great time from the tips found on this thread!

Thought I'd add some of my own though...

If you head over to the West (which I would recommend for contrast alone) in Charlottenburg there's one street: Suarezstrasse, which is full of antique shops & is having a festival or something at the beginning of September (I think) where they close the street & have like an antique fair.

The best shop was Tony Durante's. Not only was his stock meticulously vetted & perfect (every piece I wanted to take home) but he was absolutely lovely too. He told us stories about every piece, gave me tips on starting my own shop, told us about serving Kate Moss in his London store & showed us garments he never even put out to sell because they were so special too him. It is more pricey than most vintage shops in Berlin, but they're completely justified because they are properly quality pieces.

Also I would say that if you go to Mauerpark market, to go to Arkonaplatz market first, it's much smaller but most of the stock is better quality (I got a 40s silk dress for €30) & it's less touristy too.

Also, whilst I would recommend Garage, I would stay away from Made In Berlin & Colours, they're by the same people, but they're overpriced, bad quality & practically on every corner. I prefer to work a bit harder for my clothes, but I was really unimpressed! Plus the Bauhaus Archiv is really near Garage, which was properly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->