Best Digital Camera

i'm not really a digital camera expert.. usually i just want something i can point and click while i'm drunk at a party or something :P but the leica is quite good. i believe its the clux2. i love the size... its compact and lightweight and the screen is really really clear and the shutter speed is quite good. i'm pleased so far :smile: although i am still abit sad about the sony t100 cos i'd only had it for less than a year... oh well. such is the history of all the cameras i've had.

seanutbutter - a bit late, but MY GOD!!! Those are some awesome photos and great quality! Are all your photos on your flickr account taken with the R967? Ack! Now I can't choose between the HP Photosmart R967 and Canon PowerShot SD870!

Thanks for the comment! Yes, all of my Flickr photos were taken with the R967. Given that I've had it for nearly a year now with few problems, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. Very user friendly and incorporated with features normally found in DSLR cameras.

Now I sound like a walking billboard. But seriously, it's a good camera. That explains why I'm asking for a Nikon D40x for Christmas, I guess. :doh:

I have the Leica D-Lux 3 in black. It's pretty awesome, not mention the excellent design. Some features I really like are: image stabilization, flash output control, raw format, aperture/shutter priority, histogram, exp. control, and obviously the LENS! I love it, not at all disappointed that I opted for the Leica instead of a DSLR.

^ i would love to have that camera too. Your just so lucky! But it don't come cheap... :( and like you said... u can easily buy a DSLR with that camera...

Back to topic, i think Canon cameras r quite reasonable good digital cameras considering the price n etc. But if money isn't a worry for u, buy the Leica :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I have got this cam: Sony Cybershot T2 in pink , and I love it!!

sony-cybershot-t2.jpg

Touch screen, very easy to use and some cool functions like the Smile Shutter!

for FLUTTERBUGFLY get the canon for sure. i really dont like the quality of HP cameras. and i've found that Canons tend to last longer than most cameras. I've used the SD1000 for almost two years now and it still feels brand new. you should also look to the A-series that canon has for more creative options. Cheap, good quality, and easy to use! but i've been a loyal Canon fan for years so yea. Canon for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will recommend Canon until I die.

flutterbugfly
Ack! Now I can't choose between the HP Photosmart R967 and Canon PowerShot SD870!
Go with Canon, all the way. :flower: For durability and quality.

^ Not to argue or anything, but HP is known for quality - not to mention, I used that particular camera for a year and had no problems. :smile: It's got all the features a DSLR might have, you just need to work with it a bit.

My Canon Powershot. :P The Maria Sharapova one. Nevermind that it's a couple years old and replaced by another Maria Sharapova Canon Powershot.:lol:

how do you guys feel about Fuji cameras? a hybrid DSLR of theirs is onsale at Circuit City and i think i may get it...opinions? I already have the S5IS from canon but i was thinking of getting the Fuji for my sister

I have had an HP camera for about two years and honestly, I'm not thrilled with it (the picture quality doesn't seem to match the price and that thing goes through batteries like nothing else). I'm thinking of getting a Canon or a Nikon - they seem to get consistently good reviews (for instance - http://www.3luxe.com/category/Cameras/Digital_SLR), and even the tough Engadget and Gizmodo crowds don't hate on them too much.

I actually do use my camera for work, so I'm willing to spend more; based on this thread, though, Canon is the way to go :smile:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's best to stick with a company that specializes in cameras, like Nikon, Canon, Leica, etc. You'll probably have better luck when you need accessories or maintenance done.

As a heads up, don't get Samsung! It is RUBBISH! I should have just waited longer to scrape up $50 and get something better, but I had a trip soon.

Every time I end up with Samsung anything it ends up all glitchy.

I have had an HP camera for about two years and honestly, I'm not thrilled with it (the picture quality doesn't seem to match the price and that thing goes through batteries like nothing else).

What model did you have? I used the HP Photosmart R967 and never had any of the problems most people are listing. I thought the picture quality was great, too. Then again, you probably have a different model than I do, so the features aren't the same.

What model did you have? I used the HP Photosmart R967 and never had any of the problems most people are listing. I thought the picture quality was great, too. Then again, you probably have a different model than I do, so the features aren't the same.

I have a Photosmart M407, it's about 3 years old now.

Canon ftw :smile:

I picked up my 3rd canon this morning...the SD 950 IS. It's incredible!

I ordered an Olympus Stylus 830 in green that should be arriving tomorrow. If it's anything like the other Olympus I've had, it can shoot photos underwater and in rainy/snowy conditions. This model also has the image stabilizing feature (to take still photos even if your hand might be unsteady), and 15x zoom.

I think I am going to buy the Leica D-Lux 3. I have been reading reviews for it, and it appears to be a really solid camera. Well, I better get saving.

how do you guys feel about Fuji cameras? a hybrid DSLR of theirs is onsale at Circuit City and i think i may get it...opinions? I already have the S5IS from canon but i was thinking of getting the Fuji for my sister

I had a Fuji finepix once, which worked fine, only problem is that there is a bit of a delay from when you click and till it takes the photo, although mine wa a bit old, so maybe they fixed that.:flower:

Does anyone know how the Sony smileshutter-system works? What if you're taking pictures at a funeral? It's not going to take any pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtlana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->