Best Digital Camera

Does anyone know which is the best Panasonic Lumix to get? I'm thinking the FX55EB? I know they have Leica lenses & are all meant to good cameras, i just don't know if the FX55 is the best, for around £200. I'm getting it as a replacement to my Casio EX-V7, which has broken on me twice in the last 7months. Thankfully Amazon admit there's a fault with the models & are refunding me, as it cost £190!! So I defo don't recommend that 1!!

Does anyone know which is the best Panasonic Lumix to get? I'm thinking the FX55EB? I know they have Leica lenses & are all meant to good cameras, i just don't know if the FX55 is the best, for around £200. I'm getting it as a replacement to my Casio EX-V7, which has broken on me twice in the last 7months. Thankfully Amazon admit there's a fault with the models & are refunding me, as it cost £190!! So I defo don't recommend that 1!!

I have Panasonic Lumix L-10 with an outstanding leica lens...but it cost me $900

quite a bargain for a Digital SLR with a rotating screen

and i LOVE the thing to death

^the newest one Ashton Kitcher is promoting, perhaps?

i have the nikon ten megapixel in a gunmetal color, it's great.

i don't know any nikon just compact. just want real reviews from real people.
oh anyone ever tried leica cameras?

I want a new DSLR... maybe another Canon. I have had 2 in the past that I've been really pleased with. Part of me wants to try a Nikon but I think I'll probably stick with Canon.
A friend of mine has the Canon 40D which take fantastic photos.

I think a lot of the models recommended in this thread are no longer available? can anyone recommend a good Canon that isn't too expensive? :doh:

also, I didn't see any positive comments in here about Samsung, yet I always think my friend's portraits using one have an editorial quality!

i am totally clueless myself and ended up buying the
RICOH GR DIGITAL II

32826184-2-440-OVR-1.gif

reviews.cnet.com

2 blogger girls from japan came into the store the other day and one of them had this cam and i loved the look of it.
i had been looking for a long time and needed a cam inbetween the usual smaller models and the big zoom cams.. this one should be good?!

I think a lot of the models recommended in this thread are no longer available? can anyone recommend a good Canon that isn't too expensive? :doh:

I have more experience with Nikon cameras, but do know quite a bit about Canon models. Are you looking for a point and shoot or a DSLR? Also, what's your price range?

I'd like a DSLR but can't afford that, so a mid-range point and shoot. I'm open to Nikons too though...thanks :smile:

Well, Canon is releasing the PowerShot G11 soon, which is supposed to replace the G10 as the top-range point and shoot. It's $500 on Amazon, compared to $450 for the G10. I've used the G10 before and was impressed; the manual mode allows you to do much more than most point and shoot cameras I've seen. The G10 also allows you to shoot RAW, which is a big deal for many photographers.

If that's too expensive, you might try looking at the Canon ELPH series, which ranges from $200-400. The PowerShot SD780 IS has gotten great reviews from what I've seen and costs $215 on Amazon. I've also been able to test this model out and, while it doesn't have nearly as many options as the G10 or G11, it creates sharp, clear images and even takes HD video.

Nikon is a bit limited in the point and shoot department when compared to Canon. The Coolpix P90 and Coolpix L100 models are two of the closest to being a DSLR out of all the Nikon point and shoot cameras. The L100 is around $220 on Amazon and the P90 is $360. Since I haven't used either, I'd recommend you go to Flickr and find images taken with them and then decide. This is the link for the L100 and this one is for the P90.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. There are so many point and shoot models out there that it is difficult to pick just one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had several Canon PowerShot cameras over a period of years and was happy with all of them, FWIW.

The cost of the higher end PowerShots is not much less than a discontinued DSLR model on clearance, so you might want to consider that if you are tempted to go the DSLR route. Nikon D40s can be had from a variety of sellers for around US $500.

ricoh gx200 is my dream camera (i adore its retro look + the ability to take photos in 1:1 format -- holga addict here). but i have no idea what i would use it for.

i've recently had to downgrade from canon 40d to 450d. ouch. :(

I'm looking for a point-and-shoot cam that takes photos like an SLR. So far, I've been hearing recs such as the Canon G10, the Panasonic LX-3 or DMC-GF1, and the Olympus E-P1. What can you camera junkies suggest?

^ seanutbutter's recommendations on the previous page may be of use to you too. I think I'll spend a few weeks seeing what I can find here, while I reconsider my budget. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->