Birkenstocks

i have the red patent gizehs. sure they aren't the daintiest shoes, but i wanted a padded shoe that was easy to throw on and off when i went shopping. thin sandals just don't cut it for walking around a lot. also, i like the think the patent gives the 'geeky' shoe a lil oomph.

Just joined the Birkenstocks wearers club last week :smile: They are just SO comfy, once you get your feet and them together, you don't want to take them off. Sensational. Best of all is for you gals you have some nice colours and patents to do some matching with too. Personally I only like the guys toe post type (as posted by sissyneck above), but the secret is in the sole. You foot feels so wonderfully supported in all the right places.

Every man (and woman) should have a pair of Birkenstocks for summer.

I just bought these for the summer: Madrid Red patent:heart:, they're very comfy..

shoes_iaec1145745.jpg

I also have the black patent gizeh, I can walk for hours on those..

Credit: shoes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a little bit embarassing to post here since the last post on 2009:smile:

I've bought the madrid sandals and now I want to get piazza but should I order narrow one or normal? I have a narrow feet but I dont have any problems with my madrids. what should I do?

birkenstockusa.com

I would go with narrow! My foot is not narrow but I ordered a narrow in the Madrid style. I love mine! I have them in black leather. I think I'm a total convert and I've never been into Birks before... I've always worn Rainbow or Havaiana flip-flops. Birks feel SO good on the feet!

I want those that you posted bad_seed

I must say that I've been wearing Birkenstocks for years now (the Ramses model), and nothing comes even close to the comfort they offer.
They don't look as heavy/clunky on men as on women in my opinion. But still, it's a case of comfort above style. A price I'm willing to pay in this case. :lol:

The Arizona model is extremely popular with bloggers right now. I think we have Phoebe Philo and her furckenstocks from a few seasons ago to thank for that.

I've never worn Birks but I do like the Gizehs in gold or patent red, they'd be good for running errands in the summer...

i just see all of the girls walking around in them through brooklyn and I just eyeroll. I remember when people would make fun of the kids who had them because they were such an ugly shoe. I like them in black but I can't say i'd ever pay for them.

^you can thank the hipster "common core" craze for this i think. in a year those same people will likely go back to thinking they're ugly again.

i have to admit i love wearing my felt basel clogs in the colder months. the sandals were never my cuppa.

I want the white Arizonas but still thinking about it -- I read some reviews that they eventually smell?

These may be incredibly comfortable, but they are terribly not stylish. I don't see any sort of style to these. A simple pair of thong sandals (either flip-flops or some gladiator thong sandals) are even better looking than almost any Birkenstock sandals. I'm sorry... I just don't see the style in these sandals and why these are even loved, besides maybe their comfort.

I can't wait until these go out of style so that they'll be affordable again (although I did see some for around $60-$70, but that's still insane for Birks).

yeah-
i can't bring myself to pay that price for the studded ones...
even if i like them...

i'm actually starting to like the madrid....
they remind me of dr scholls and that reminds me of my mum in the 70's...

i have the gizeh in blk patent and the arizona in lite tan suede...
but i don't wear them now that everyone else does...
i'm into other stuff at the mo...

a pair of all black arizona's seem like a good thing to have on hand though...

i can't imagine paying that much for sandals period. like i would love to have a pair of camper or camperXbernhard's but then i thought about how dirty and gross sandals get when walking around cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->