Birkenstocks

where can i get a pair like these, with only one strap, for under 50 bucks? (they don't have to be brand-name or anything)

attachment.php

Now the Gizeh comes in all of these pastel colors! summery/breezy/pretty colors are NOT ME, but they're very cute, and someone will love them...

0043681.JPG
0343591.JPG

0343611.JPG
0343571.JPG

0343601.JPG

I have white madrids and one pair of plaited betula thongs..
They're quite comfy to walk in for about 3-4 hours then my feet starts to hurt! Their shape is good for my wide feet though. I find the thongs more comfy than the madrids.

should i go for the black glossy or the black patent? i've been trying to decide for ages... i'd like to have the silver ones, but they're a little too trendy... i want to be able to wear these longer than 3 months...

143761.JPG

043661.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the patent ones are a bit 'different'...I like them both though.

They were selling birkenstocks on qvc the other day....I watched the whole hour :ninja: :rofl:

I'd go for the black patent. There's something about the glossy that I don't like.

jaydotcee said:
I'd go for the black patent. There's something about the glossy that I don't like.

that's what i had thought, but i still can't put my finger on it... thanks for the second opinion.. :heart: :heart:

oh birks are so sweet...i dont wear them to be hippyish, though lately i have been boho anyway.

where i first got them, in southern germany, they are more of a culture thing than a trend. i dont know how to explain it. they are used as walking shoes and everything shoes. everybody has them there.

and they are quite comfortable.

^^ i get what you're trying to say. i don't think birkenstocks have ever really been a trend anyway. they're just super cute, at least the new ones are. i really wanted one of the older, original birkenstocks, but i never got around to getting one. and now that i don't use leather or suede or whaveters... it seems highly unlikely that i'll ever get one. darn it.

<3 me.

Actually the Boston clogs have somewhat been a trend, but I wear them for comfort for sure, and the boston clogs do look quite good with certain things. I heard that in Germany you can get them for super cheap, is that right?

i have no idea.. i live in hawai'i. way far from germany. hah.

kthnx.
<3 me.

Wow, this is an old thread! I just wanted to know whether you still like Birkenstocks or not. Here in Germany they still aren't popular, but nevertheless I just bought my first pair since childhood.

If you still wear them: How do you combine your Birkis? I think they are quite versatile, but I'll mainly wear them with jeans. I'd love to see pictures of your outfits!

I wear Birkenstocks at home, they are babyblue with a butterfly-print on them :lol:
Don't like them on the street, though, but if I had to wear them I'd wear them in a casual way: boyfriend jeans and a nice, loose t-shirt.
Which ones did you buy?

I bought these on Ebay:

birke153665_84489_lg.jpg

[shoebuy.com]

Actually I wanted them in silver, but they didn't have them in my size.

^ hi brini, I didn't notice it was you up until now (although I should've known earlier, your avatar looked familiar to me) :P
the ones you bought are fine imo, not the "typical" Birkenstocks.
They suit your style :flower:

:woot: I recognized your nickname, but I wasn't sure if it was really you. I think kathl is here, too!

On topic: I've seen some StyleDiary users with Birkenstocks who mainly mixed them with slim pants or jeans and a fun top or blouse. That's a laid back style that I like. ^_^

If you still wear them: How do you combine your Birkis? I think they are quite versatile, but I'll mainly wear them with jeans. I'd love to see pictures of your outfits!

i wear myn with baggy linen trousers and short flowery dresses and long dresses as well i never really wear them with anything fited .. i guess i wear them in a kind of hippyish way :flower: i sitll wear myn every now and then cos they are so comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->