Birkenstocks

I am close to drafting a flyer to post around my university informing all that Birkenstocks, Doc Martins, sandals worn with socks, and anything chunky are officially out, have been out, and in many cases were never in so to please never wear them again.

hahaha...i guess you missed the flyer that says that docs and birks are officially cool again... check the runways and the feet of the coolest people around town...

but no white socks please... :D :lol:

Originally posted by PradaP@Sep 26 2004, 01:19 AM
ugliest. shoes. ever. IMO

but yeah they're comfy and I have a pair of light grey Gizehs and some taupe Bostons :blush:
[snapback]375992[/snapback]​

:lol:

love my white gizehs. so fresh to have white on my feet and comfy as hell. but UBER hard to find when I first bought them in the uk but i'm sure they are around

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 26 2004, 03:08 AM
hahaha...i guess you missed the flyer that says that docs and birks are officially cool again... check the runways and the feet of the coolest people around town...

but no white socks please... :D :lol:
[snapback]376034[/snapback]​

NOOOOOO! Say it isn't soooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if the local hippie/punk shoe store is open right now since I threw away mine.....oops, just kidding, that's one trend I won't be following.

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 26 2004, 02:05 AM
I am close to drafting a flyer to post around my university informing all that Birkenstocks, Doc Martins, sandals worn with socks, and anything chunky are officially out, have been out, and in many cases were never in so to please never wear them again.
[snapback]376033[/snapback]​

Ohhh, waaaaah. :rolleyes: I think I hear the waah-mbulance coming.

Some of us wear things not because we think it is trendy, but because we like it. What a shocking and revolutionary concept.

Birks are totally a basic and classic shoe type. I don't wear them, myself because my feet are abhorrent, but what's the biggie? They're way comfortable and will last nigh on forever.

And Docs? Ditto. Good luck trying to talk me out of my lumberjack boots. You'd have a better time talking a dog off a meat-wagon!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Sep 27 2004, 06:35 AM
Ohhh, waaaaah. :rolleyes: I think I hear the waah-mbulance coming.

Some of us wear things not because we think it is trendy, but because we like it. What a shocking and revolutionary concept.

[snapback]376947[/snapback]​

:rofl: :rofl:

What do you guys think about the Heidi Klum for Birkenstock shoes? Personally, I didn't figure they'd be nice at all... and it's ******** that they chose her... but the shoes are amazing!!!!!

851753.JPG

Pink/Silver Leather Exquisit $360, also available in Blue/Green and Silver/Gold

I love birkenstocks, the ones in the first post and madrid style!

343711.JPG

343721.JPG

$300

the Gizeh... only metallic all over! I love love love love love these, but the hearts just ruin them.

i wore my ones out that i got last year i think they need to head for the bin! they where white ones but now look mud coloured:lol: i treat my shoes with so much respect!

^thats the same of mine, they look so mucky inside, even though your feet are clean!

neko.neko said:
lovvvvvvvvvve them ^^! at first i didn't know what the hype was about... people were wearing them EVERYWHERE in hongkong... so i bought a pair and found out why they were so good ^^... thankfully back at home are way less common

the thing about the "Birkenstocks" that are on the feet of so many Hong Kong kids these days is...they're not real birkenstocks! LOL I was surprised when I went back last summer at how they caught on like wildfire...before realizing that a lot of local brands have been making variations. The flip-flop model seems to be the most popular.

I bought a pair of Birkenstocks a few years ago, spent a whole summer trying to break them in after I followed the instructions the guy at the birkenstock store gave me, and they still hurt like hell, I think they don't fit the structure of my foot, so I ditched 'em. Nowadays I wouldn't be caught dead wearing these, they're a bit hippie/librarian for my tastes. Actually nowadays you would never catch me wearing a pair of sandals, period.

They are quite unattractive, but last summer everyone had a pair, so I wanted some. I went in a store, tried them on, AND OOOOOOWWWWW, they hurt like an SOB. I know most ppl say they are the most comfortable shoe ever right, b/c they have raised areas that fill in the crevasses and arches in your feet, well for flat footed ppl like myself that raise in the shoe pierces the bone in your foot where instead of an arch its just flat, so it feels like someone is taking a knife and stabbing it into the soul of each foot. So i ditched the trend and bought a pair of Converse next store, HA HA So WARNING, anyone with flat feet don't buy Birks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bszzl
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->