Birkenstocks

i have the gizeh (sp?) in white patent
its cute and super comfy
definitely get those!!!!!

MZ Bloom said:
They are quite unattractive, but last summer everyone had a pair, so I wanted some. I went in a store, tried them on, AND OOOOOOWWWWW, they hurt like an SOB. I know most ppl say they are the most comfortable shoe ever right, b/c they have raised areas that fill in the crevasses and arches in your feet, well for flat footed ppl like myself that raise in the shoe pierces the bone in your foot where instead of an arch its just flat, so it feels like someone is taking a knife and stabbing it into the soul of each foot. So i ditched the trend and bought a pair of Converse next store, HA HA So WARNING, anyone with flat feet don't buy Birks

actually i have flat feet(super flat too)... and i love wearing birkenstocks...
at first its uncomfortable but the shoes kinda molds to your feet...
so you'll feel fine once you wear them in :flower:

I have to agree with Fade to Black and MZ Bloom that these "shoes" aren't comfortable at all, at least not on feet that don't fit to their footbed. And I can say that they don't mold on my feet, even after years! (My mother kind of forced me to wear them as house slippers, so I have experience...)

I love to have the sole simple flat, so that only the areas that are intended to touch the ground get touched by the shoe.

And BTW, as a german often getting an aesthetical shock by seeing them on peoples feet, I would like to have them banned by the government, only nurses, cleaning personnel etc. should get a special licence that allows them to wear them.

And they won't look any better when you spray tons of gold and silver on them..

(ok, this was a mean post, but you have to understand.. I'm traumatized by my childhood experiences..)

I loooooooooove birkies. I have 2 pairs so far... a cornflower blue Madrid & a black suede Arizona. I want a brown Granada & maybe a navy clog sometime. Oooooooh & the Gizeh are cute too.

i love the birkenstocks that dior did this season... i'm thinking about buying them ... once they go on sale :winkiss:

NMX4344_mp.jpg

I really don´t like them. I´m living in Germany, and here just doctors at work and housewifes at home wear them:cry: they are not very popular:flower:
I´d like to know: how much are they in USA?

there hell popular in perth(australia) LOL !! Mine are papillio (from birks shop) ill post a pic in a sec

I find some of the Birkenstocks online really cute!!! I would like to know about the sizing though...I am usually a size 36-37 european (3-4 UK 5-6 US) but I recently tried on some Birkies in a dutch store and I needed a size 35!!!

Do they generally run large to size (as net-a-porter.com would put it:P ? )
If I were to order online,would it be adviseable to buy the 35 instead of my usual 36?

anelej said:
I really don´t like them. I´m living in Germany, and here just doctors at work and housewifes at home wear them:cry: they are not very popular:flower:

so far everyone but the germans seem to love these...
my friend went to germany and she wanted to buy some birks,, and her (german) friend was looking at her like she was mad.. :lol:

anelej said:

75$ to 100$

Rip off versions that last longer 35$ or cheaper

Knowing i will never be seen with them on

Pricelless

DON'T ASK!!!!!!!

^^LOL MZ Bloom! :D

Yep, I've heard they're supposed to be so comfortable, but I think they would hurt me. Not to mention that they are just not my style at all. I would feel like I should be on my way to a Grateful Dead concert and where's my tie-dye spaghetti strapped dress? Oy. It just won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black patent t straps are out of the market :(

I went there a month ago, and the lady told me that whatever they had instore, that's what they will be having and that's it... so sad, I still want those so bad :cry: :lol:

I don't own any birks (never have like them) but an reconsidering now that I've seen the metallics. I saw a copy-cat of the metallic Kors sandal at Kohls Department Store for $20. The look exactly the same. For $20 you can't lose - even if you only wear them twice. What do people wear birks with? I was thinking white pants or a white gypsy calf length skirt with the gold ones.

i own birkenstock madrids in gold and black, and i love them! u can practically wear them forever, and they go with everthing......i plan to get them also in silver and pink.
and i like to go shopping in them, hehe!

I don't know if anyone posted the Birkenstock 2005 Heidi Klum Collection. So, here are the pictures. I think they're really cute. Pricey, but adorable.

sapphire_silverGold.jpg
sapphire_blueGreen.jpg
sapphire_pinkSilver.jpg

Suggested Retail - $360

crystal_gold.jpg
crystal_silver.jpg

Suggested Retail - $300

diamond_gold.jpg
diamond_silver.jpg

Suggested Retail - $300

wildLife_pink.jpg
wildLife_olive.jpg
wildLife_brown.jpg

Suggested Retail - $600

& a photo of Heidi on the Birkenstock Website:

left_heidiKlum.jpg

I really like her collection. I think it's really cute. :heart:

<3 Me.

fireatwill...I love the Sapphire in blue and green-- they're soooo cute:heart:
pretty expensive for Birks though....

Definetely too expensive, but very cute too. Heidi did a good job.

<3 Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->