Bottega Veneta Bags

I love seeing the bags in various colors, like a rainbow!:heart:
bottega-veneta-colors.jpg

Thoughts on the new Bottega Veneta bags

I have long been a fan of the beautiful, intricate weaving that is the hallmark of Bottega Veneta bags.
However, when I saw the ones they have out now in the bold colors for fall, I shrieked aloud! The intentionally roughed, chopped, loose fringey edges lend the bags a porcupine- like outline that screams "stay away"!
I am interested in other opinions on these bags. Am I missing something?:shock:

I have one that must be over 4 years old now... I wear it almost every single day. It's a walnut brown Pyramid (not sure if this style is made anymore, but here's a pic).

bottega_0.jpg

Source: fabsugar.com

I can't believe how durable it is... a few times a strap of the leather weaving has snagged but I was able to shove it right back in place! The bag just gets better with wear EXCEPT the underside of the handle, which is cracking.

I used to only buy Chanel bags but now I think I will only be buying Bottega bags! It's the perfect antidote to status and logo overload.

I absolutely love BV. I've never tried one of the more contemporary styles, but had four vintage bags from the 1980s. The leather just was SO silky after many years of use. And a gorgeous patina. One black, one maroon, one navy and one metallic green/burgundy/gold.

Sigh.

i recently received a clutch in bright blue and i am in love with it :heart:

i've only worn it once so far but i need to figure out more ways to incorporate it into my daily life because the shade of blue is PERFECT and it's a really great clutch

Oh Gleam, that is one beautiful bag!
Chrissy can you post a pic of your clutch?

here it is ^_^

Attachments

• Bottega clutch.JPG
    Bottega clutch.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2
^^yup, i took it this morning when i saw that lalique had requested a pic :wink:

looks like Bottega is getting in on the whole customization game:
from Refinery29

The Name Game[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Make your name iconic—introducing Bottega Veneta's new, custom monogrammed leather goods. [/FONT]
dedicated-spacer.gif

dedicated-spacer.gif
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Finding the perfect bag is kind of like finding your soul mate—It needs to be sturdy, dependable, blend perfectly into your life…and hey, being good looking doesn't hurt, either. When it comes to elegance, expert craftsmanship, durability, and total arm-candy appeal, Bottega Veneta's handbags and accessories have long been the stuff of our sartorial dreams. With their signature woven strips of fine Nappa leather and a range of haute-yet-versatile hues, there's no occasion that their classic pieces won't instantly enhance.

But, as it turns out, these flawless goods can get even better—say, with the addition of a simple but timeless monogram. After all, your name is an important piece of your identity, so why not show it off? Plus, the customizations Bottega Veneta offers are seemingly endless. Just head to their website to see all of the different accessories you can choose from, and then start creating your own iconic wardrobe essential. Each item is available in four summer-ready hues (including a brilliant blood red we totally want to tote around), and you can play with the color, size, and position of your monogram, including choosing a different shade for each letter. Looks like you've got some tough decisions ahead, so spend a few hours indulging in your accessory-designer dreams…which have now become a reality. Bottega Veneta may not be able to find your soul mate, but they can make you the perfect leather accoutrement—if you ask us, that's just as good.
[/FONT]
dedicated-spacer.gif

dedicated-spacer.gif
dedicated-spacer.gif

dedicated-spacer.gif
dedicated-spacer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Not a fan :sick:

If your brand is about originality (and I thought it was), why in the world would you do something 'me too' like this?! Is Tomas asleep at the wheel? :unsure:

At least when Marc Jacobs does something like this, he has that whole post-modernist, moustache on the Mona Lisa excuse.

I was having a hard time thinking of something positive to say, but I guess it really brings the old slogan 'When the only initials you need are your own' back to life.

yeah, i don't like that painted monogram. imo a small embossing would have worked better.

although the totes offered ARE quite cute

I'm wondering if this a response to the growing popularity of Goyard's monogramming?

I don't really know what to think... people love to customize.
This is one way to ensure that your bag isn't like everyone else's...

I think the initials are AWFUL. They look like an afterthought - or "homemade".

Very home spun.

^ They don't look homemade to me, but they do look EXACTLY like Goyard's. They remind me of how sometimes counterfeiters steal genuine materials to work with ... and that thought makes me want to believe the article is fake and this isn't really happening :lol:

^^I don't Goyard's initials either - they also look home spun to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->