Bottega Veneta Bags

Hello BV ladies. I've recently discoved BV bags. My other bags are Balenciaga (a few), Chanel (classic flap) and a adorable Marc Jacobs Caroline frame bag. I'm in the market for more "Classic, and long term" bags now. I dislike logo's but I do like it when a bag has a certain cache (is that bad?)
I'm interested in a lg. BV black hobo - but need advice as it's not a small purchase. My hope is that this would be a bag that I could use for years and years to come. I'm 37 (but still kind of hip) - so i'd like something that looks more age appropriate too.
So it's up to you ladies - sell me on this bag!!!!!

p.s. My SA at NM told me that they only get in 2 or 3 BV blk. lg. hobo's each season, so like 5 or 6 a year. Is that really true?

I think you should get the BV Hobo, its def. one of the ultimate classics.

p.s. your SA at neimans is probably lying, but even if she isn't you can always get it directly from a Bottega boutique so don't feel pressured to rush.

What ciolor is the best for the classic BV classic weave hobos...do they come in a smaller size?

I was almost sure that I wanted the Veneta but then I saw the Ball bag and realized that it was the BV bag I had seen before and loved. From what i've heard the Ball has a divided interior (love to see photos of this!) while the Veneta is just one open space. It also appears that the Ball has a longer drop than the Veneta.

both are beautiful bags, but i was hoping someone could provide me with a little more info on the differences between the two hobo models.

I'D LOVE TO SEE PHOTO'S too if anyone has some.

thanks sooooo much!!!

update: okay so I tried both the BALL bag and the VENETA HOBO on today at saks. I think I prefer the classic veneta hobo - WHY isn't this bag available online in black?!?!?!?!?

What's that about?

Try contacting the BV personal shopper through their website. She will locate one for you and have it shipped out. She is great. Good luck...its a gorgeous bag!

^^I was hoping to purchase through saks or NM since their return policy is so great (you never know!) The 10 day return thing freaks me out a bit.

Are you looking for the smaller or larger size? I'm sure you could contact Neimans or Saks and ask them to locate one for you and have it shipped out.

a friend of mine has been buying bags directly from the maker of BV, in Vicenza - exact same bag but he cannot put their label on it and of course they are a lot cheaper - think 200 dollars.

has any done something similar - bought bags from "the source" in Italy but since they are the actual maker for the brand but not "the brand" they cannot label them as such?

woodstock said:
a friend of mine has been buying bags directly from the maker of BV, in Vicenza - exact same bag but he cannot put their label on it and of course they are a lot cheaper - think 200 dollars.

has any done something similar - bought bags from "the source" in Italy but since they are the actual maker for the brand but not "the brand" they cannot label them as such?

I don't think that is legal since even though he's not using their name, he's using their design. Also, if you count the material and the labor hours used to make a BV bag, I don't see how it could cost 200$... I would steer clear of this kind of business! :flower:

does anyone know how to remove stains from a brown (ebano)woven bottega- i used my woven duffell on a trip to toronto last winter and got it caught in the snow/ rain- i've just taken it out from storage and the marks are quite visible...

just thought I'd post my newest BV bag - purchased two months ago. Its the sloane in Limo color. I LOOOOOOOOOVE it...:heart:

Attachments

• DSC09541.jpg
    DSC09541.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC09543.jpg
    DSC09543.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
is limo actually green-ish or is it more grey/slate-like? that bag is so gorgeous!

mundo....i would say limo is more of a grey color. there's not any green on it....

Hi everyoneee,
I really222 need suggestions. BV is having sale now, and i have decided that i will buy one large veneta in brown but the problem is, WHICH BROWN? hiksssss i want them both they r equally niceeeee, which once you guys think is moreee versatile and nicer? the lighter brown that looks like caramel, or the dark chocolate one? and is it true that the lighther brown color might be change once in every few years (like what happened with the prev lighter brown)....please please please hellpppp, im going to buy it tommorow, so any comments asap will be much appreciated thx thx

^ i think that only the dark brown (ebano) is considered a classic colour ( like black) and not put on sale ( except in the really seasonal designs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->